Royal Cancelled my "Next Cruise" Cruise

klfrodo

Was scheduled to sail on the Vision next summer out of Barcelona.

This cruise was booked while on board the Allure using the "Next Cruise" promotion. $300 deposit, XXX amount of OBC, etc.

Royal has now cancelled that cruise and since "they" cancelled, they are automatically refunding all monies paid.

Was not even offered to transfer money to a different sailing/ship/booking. I get to wait ~45 days for 8 grand to be refunded to my credit card, then start all over.

Anyway, what happens to my "Next Cruise" certificate and bennies?

Yes, we got the same email. Vision out of Barcelona in May 2021 cancelled.

We had a FCC we used towards this cruise from the 2020 cancelled cruise. They won't refund us that cruise credit in cash, but back to the original FCC, which expires in Dec 2021. Or until RCI goes bankrupt.

We are disappointed as this European cruise was THE Big trip in our lifetimes and even if things return to somewhat normal for 2022, our $5000 FCC will be long gone and with it our holiday dreams.

And at this point, no, we don't want to do any other cruises.

Enjoy my money RCI

5 hours ago, klfrodo said:

Anyway, what happens to my "Next Cruise" certificate and bennies?

I just called to have my next cruise OBC moved to another booked sailing and after 24 minutes was advised they do not know at this point if it will be allowed and to call back another day.  I've already done it a couple times in the last few months with no issue so it sounds like something may be changing.

14 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

But wasn’t cancelled. You did L&S?

Three were cancelled by RCL; the other two were L&S by us. Three others that I didn't mention were cancelled by us, but those three were booked online and did not have any associated OBC. We got full refunds on those.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, lovelife said:

I just called to have my next cruise OBC moved to another booked sailing and after 24 minutes was advised they do not know at this point if it will be allowed and to call back another day.  I've already done it a couple times in the last few months with no issue so it sounds like something may be changing.

Update:  Called D+ desk again today and the first rep would not help me at all.  I hung up and called back and the second rep did not hesitate to move my next cruise OBC to another booking.

On 9/24/2020 at 12:18 PM, orville99 said:

We have moved five cruises due to COVID. We always book onboard. All of our OBC was transferred to the new cruises.

On our L&S cruise we booked on board, our OBC credit was doubled as long as we use it to pay for activities pre-cruise.

We were booked in a Royal Suite on the Rhapsody for the 11/2020 transatlantic which was cancelled. We did a L&S to Jewel for 10/2021 which was 2 nights shorter, but still in a RS. That cruise was cancelled Wednesday and now they’re just saying we get a refund and can rebook at prevailing rates..but if I hadn’t done L&S yet from the Rhapsody cruise, I’d still be able to do that. Such a crock. So frustrating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

On 9/24/2020 at 10:18 AM, orville99 said:

Unknown why the quote in this post. My apologies for why it even pops up.

Anyway, Royal has offered no explanation regarding my "Next Cruise" OBC, nor have they offered any alternative for an acceptable sailing that fit our needs, wants, desires, or schedule. So,, we moved to NCL. Try our their product and The Haven.

We receive a full 100% refund minus the $600 OBC. Since the $600 was OBC, we're not really out anything, just the monopoly money the $600OBC represented.

On 9/24/2020 at 2:05 PM, Billmont said:

Yes, we got the same email. Vision out of Barcelona in May 2021 cancelled.

We had a FCC we used towards this cruise from the 2020 cancelled cruise. They won't refund us that cruise credit in cash, but back to the original FCC, which expires in Dec 2021. Or until RCI goes bankrupt.

We are disappointed as this European cruise was THE Big trip in our lifetimes and even if things return to somewhat normal for 2022, our $5000 FCC will be long gone and with it our holiday dreams.

And at this point, no, we don't want to do any other cruises.

Enjoy my money RCI

Just a suggestion as I don't know all your circumstances but why not book Odyssey for May 2021 (12 day Greece, Turkey, Israel) under the current L&S rules as a placeholder then if you really don't like that itinerary or want to cruise then you could L&S to whatever comes available that you would like for May 2022. It seems rash to just let your FCC get flushed away.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Junkhouse said:

On our L&S cruise we booked on board, our OBC credit was doubled as long as we use it to pay for activities pre-cruise.

Wow idk they would double your obc. Awesome. I do think rcl has gone above and beyond in many cases to be as flexible as possible.

Yes, fcc hard to use imo. Some changes to my bookings arent what I would have preferred, mostly losing allure b2b. But rcl has tried and there are options. I would book by sept 30th before cwc and lift and shift so away. Do what you need to do to use that fcc. 

Once cruises start we will have threads about false positives denied boarding, missing ports, etc. I still think this is the calm before the storm when we restart cruising and people start complaining. 

Just a suggestion as I don't know all your circumstances but why not book Odyssey for May 2021 (12 day Greece, Turkey, Israel) under the current L&S rules as a placeholder then if you really don't like that itinerary or want to cruise then you could L&S to whatever comes available that you would like for May 2022. It seems rash to just let your FCC get flushed away.

We had a peak at the 7day out of Barcelona. The Italian ports were what we were looking for so this one checks off one or two of our desired ports.

What is this L&S people are talking about?

From my understanding the FCC always reverts to the original expiry date of dec 2021.

Am I understanding that correctly?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Billmont said:

We had a peak at the 7day out of Barcelona. The Italian ports were what we were looking for so this one checks off one or two of our desired ports.

What is this L&S people are talking about?

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-with-confidence

The relevant portion...

NEW! Lift and Shift - Lift and Shift is for those guests simply wishing to move their existing booking to next year. For CWC guests that are ready to move to an alternative sail date in the following year, we’re happy to price protect the original pricing and/or promotion if the alternative sailing is the same itinerary, length, and stateroom category. However, the alternative sail date that the guest will be moved to, needs to be dated within 4 weeks (before or after) of the original sail date, but for the following year. For example, if you are moving from a July 30, 2020 sailing, you must move to a sailing that is the same itinerary, length, and stateroom category, and the sail date should be June 30th, 2021 – August 30th, 2021. To be eligible, guests must move their booking on or before September 30th, 2020.

It has to be to the same number of days though.  That's why I suggested Odyssey.  I assumed your vision cruise was a 12 nighter.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-with-confidence

The relevant portion...

• NEW! Lift and Shift - Lift and Shift is for those guests simply wishing to move their existing booking to next year. For CWC guests that are ready to move to an alternative sail date in the following year, we’re happy to price protect the original pricing and/or promotion if the alternative sailing is the same itinerary, length, and stateroom category. However, the alternative sail date that the guest will be moved to, needs to be dated within 4 weeks (before or after) of the original sail date, but for the following year. For example, if you are moving from a July 30, 2020 sailing, you must move to a sailing that is the same itinerary, length, and stateroom category, and the sail date should be June 30th, 2021 – August 30th, 2021. To be eligible, guests must move their booking on or before September 30th, 2020.

It has to be to the same number of days though.  That's why I suggested Odyssey.  I assumed your vision cruise was a 12 nighter.

Thanks Tree. We will look into that.

Just now, Billmont said:

Thanks Tree. We will look into that.

Sept 30th it ends. Be sure to look fast. Most think the offer wouldn't be extended.

I'd do it as soon as you can. It's a way to get a better price and then move it to a year later. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Sept 30th it ends. Be sure to look fast. Most think the offer wouldn't be extended.

I'd do it as soon as you can. It's a way to get a better price and then move it to a year later. 

Thanks Firefly and Tree-skier. 

So I checked on-line and our Vision cruise has already disappeared from my account. I assume the deposit is on it's way back to my Credit card the the FCCs we used are on the way to our FCC Bank.

If I understand the L&S correctly, we should book a May 2021 European cruise we like ASAP.  Then before Sept 30th, use the L&S to switch the 2021 date to 2022.   Is that what you are suggesting?

Just because i have to vent.  My Jewel 8/8/21 was cancelled and was trying to move it to 8/5/21.  Basically the same route, but Costco was told the funds are locked up and it was a NextCruise, so he can't get any resolution from RC.  Then I asked about the FCC from this summer, and was told that it takes RC 45-60 days to regenerate the FCC so i can use it again.  So i can book it as standalone, but between the deposit and FCC, I'll have a lot of unused money just sitting there.  Ughhhhh.  I asked RC why they are making it difficult to take my money.  1st world problems, i know. 😬

20 hours ago, Billmont said:

Thanks Firefly and Tree-skier. 

So I checked on-line and our Vision cruise has already disappeared from my account. I assume the deposit is on it's way back to my Credit card the the FCCs we used are on the way to our FCC Bank.

If I understand the L&S correctly, we should book a May 2021 European cruise we like ASAP.  Then before Sept 30th, use the L&S to switch the 2021 date to 2022.   Is that what you are suggesting?

Yes,  that is my understanding of the Cruise with confidence program.  To qualify for L&S you must purchase the cruise before 9/30.  Cruises purchased after 9/30 may or may not have the same options.  We just don't know yet. The program might be extended but we have no guarantee. 

• Like 1