Wondering about CDC

brenderlou

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

What if covid is still here 5 years from now or covid mutated so the vaccine not 100%

Let people choose, open the country. Masks mandatory and social distancing yes, but open and free. Big brother is waiting in the wings telling us way too much how to live for me. Sorry, we will have to agree to disagree, it might never be 100% safe. 

If CV19  is here 5 years from now, let alone 2, cruises will be the last of our concerns.  As for letting the people choose, isn’t that what Election Day will determine. You will know in a handful of weeks what approach will be taken going forward.

5 minutes ago, TheMastodon said:

Exactly.  I am very curious to see how many people hop on board and how the hell it goes.  

I would love to see it happen just as an experiment.  I won’t be on-board but it would be interesting.

• Like 2

I have a 11/29/20 Harmony cruise, and if she sails, I'll be on it. I'm really excited about the smaller capacity and an opportunity to tip, tip, tip!! Bet they'll be selling specialty restaurants cheap cheap.....and yes, I'll post pics on CC.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, TYMAN said:

I have a 11/29/20 Harmony cruise, and if she sails, I'll be on it. I'm really excited about the smaller capacity and an opportunity to tip, tip, tip!! Bet they'll be selling specialty restaurants cheap cheap.....and yes, I'll post pics on CC.  

I hope you get to go. As is obvious I think if people can go to disney world they should be allowed to cruise. The answer above, well cdc doesnt have any control over disney world ... well makes no sense to me cdc controls the future of cruising then. 

At some pt life has to go on and we have to learn to live with covid. Imo. And yes I hear some saying 5 years from now covid will still be here. We cant lock up our kids on zoom and lives forever. Our news showed some who sent their kids back to live school. They sat them at computers in the library to zoom to a teachers house., i agree with parent who said that wasnt what she had in mind sending her child to live school. It's not just cruises. I think everyone wants the easiest way. Of course I'd rather get same money working from home. Raising a entitled generation. Yes, I'm feeling old since covid started. Never did before.

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, TYMAN said:

With you, but on the Symphony ..

What no one discuss is the real lessons that have been learned hence the science! 

We are getting smarter, humans adapt! We know the elderly have to be more careful, the sick and compromised need to be quarantined and isolated. Its called detect - react - correct accordingly. If you dont feel you should or can cruise, dont! Very simple! What you dont hear is protect and enhance your immune system! Why not?? Its just a serious question!?

But you dont bring down the whole country/world economy!

'They' - whomever makes these hot shots or rules, are still learning and morphing the agenda.

I say, for such a critical and terrible virus - most have to be tested to even know if they have it? 

- you have to stick a swab half way to your brain thru your nasal passage or all the way back to your tonsils, to test! But stay 2 meters apart, cause you will catch it! 

When you get the cold, the flu - come on, you know it! Then there are the fake positives, the %'s are crazy alarming! 

Stories are endless - of fake swabs coming back +ve, in fact 2 friend were in a line up to get tested, got to the point, where they gave their vitals, at this point was 2 or 3 hours, they just simply left > but funny thing is never made it top the swab station and they get a call that evening and were told they both tested +ve and now must remain isolated for 2 weeks...hmmmmm...

Does anyone else think this is very 'grey'?

Just do whatever you do and do it safely. Dont believe all that the News reports. But stay upbeat and positive! Media is about negativity and hammering the bad news and fear.

Rant of the day...

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Pratique said:

If it goes like this then cruises will be doomed pretty quickly.

Spring-Break-Party-Cruise-Photo-3.jpg

LOL I miss being packed in that crowd smelling BO and booze.  Anddd yes that social situation wouldn’t be kosher at this point.

Pratique here is what I’m battling in my mind -

1.) good friends wife got it - lost taste, 2 positive results & 6 co workers had it - I would assume she actually had it.  No children, he quarantined w/ her , did married couple things - he never tested positive.  Three negative tests.  What the kcuf! Why why why how is this possible.

2.) I have been around 2 people who were positive (they didn’t know it until they ate dinner that night - no taste) in the work environment in two separate situations.  Yes masks ish, not much social spacing.  I tested negative both times twice.  What the kcuf!  Perhaps my mask 😷 did me well?

3.) Sister was at the lake house w/ a group of people.  The second night someone didn’t feel great and couldn’t taste beer- they stayed in a separate area and left the next day - tested positive.  No1 else tested positive w/ two negative tests. What the kcuf!  How how how did No1 else get it.

These are just three scenarios that I had a front row seat for.  I am craving studies on how/where/why this thing infects people.  

Also, I am struggling with all this false positive false negative none sense.  Until we have great reliable testing we can’t really determine how to live a more calculated life. 

bsianrbdamwbexkwndvd

Have a great afternoon everyone!!!

• Like 2