Wondering about CDC

brenderlou

Interesting statement from cruise radio

When the CDC extended the original no sail order, it did so on the Thursday evening before it had been set to expire. Given that as of Friday morning, the latest order has not been extended, many are taking this as an indication that the current order may actually be allowed to expire next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

17 minutes ago, brenderlou said:

When the CDC extended the original no sail order, it did so on the Thursday evening before it had been set to expire. Given that as of Friday morning, the latest order has not been extended, many are taking this as an indication that the current order may actually be allowed to expire next week.

Haha 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, brenderlou said:

They're probably working on a new modified order rather than an extension of the existing one. Who knows.

This is like the calm before the storm.

Ok folks we starting 10 ships nov 1st and sending all 10 to cozumel and make it a tender port since that's the only port open. ... get your red hot rcl excursions here before we run out.

I think no matter what they say once no sail order expires someone will be mad.

Edited by firefly333

It is unfortunate the CDC has so much power and so little knowledge. They have failed of epic proportions on this one. No systemic method to collect data. No systemic method to provide the data. No systemic direction for the country. If they would have had a single method for collecting, counting, and divulging the data, the country would have remained open. I hate to say it, but the elderly were the most affected and minorities or people living in the poorest areas. The country never needed to be shutdown just proper protocols in order to be in public. A grocery store or Home Depot are no more essential as a restaurant or bar. If you can crowd those places, you can crowd a restaurant. I now know over 20 people that have had it. The worst of the symptoms was no sense of smell or taste. That's it. So, if you are in the group of 90% of the population that has minimal affects, live your life. Those in the 10% group isolate and remain safe as you see fit.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, bigrednole said:

It is unfortunate the CDC has so much power and so little knowledge. They have failed of epic proportions on this one. No systemic method to collect data. No systemic method to provide the data. No systemic direction for the country. If they would have had a single method for collecting, counting, and divulging the data, the country would have remained open. I hate to say it, but the elderly were the most affected and minorities or people living in the poorest areas. The country never needed to be shutdown just proper protocols in order to be in public. A grocery store or Home Depot are no more essential as a restaurant or bar. If you can crowd those places, you can crowd a restaurant. I now know over 20 people that have had it. The worst of the symptoms was no sense of smell or taste. That's it. So, if you are in the group of 90% of the population that has minimal affects, live your life. Those in the 10% group isolate and remain safe as you see fit.

Idk that if there was one system the country wouldnt have been shut down. The cdc has backtracked all over the place, I'll grant you that.

While I'll grant you new orleans might have had more cases due to the diet in that area, it doesnt explain nyc. Agree the elderly should have been better protected early on. Data told us it was hitting the elderly the hardest. 

If data could have kept us open all states would be open now. 

Going to be interesting first cruises to see which ports are open. Cant wait for that announcement. 

2 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

If data could have kept us open all states would be open now. 

Because it is not shared and I only saw it once on tv here, the smallest percentage of demographics represented over 85% of the cases. That information is important to research why, how to prevent it from continuing. A lot of businesses have gone under because of withholding the data or not making it vastly public. The CDC is just now stating that this spreads through the lower income communities much faster than more affluent communities. Is it due to lack of vaccinations, lack of exposure to the immune system, genetics, etc. 

1 minute ago, bigrednole said:

Because it is not shared and I only saw it once on tv here, the smallest percentage of demographics represented over 85% of the cases. That information is important to research why, how to prevent it from continuing. A lot of businesses have gone under because of withholding the data or not making it vastly public. The CDC is just now stating that this spreads through the lower income communities much faster than more affluent communities. Is it due to lack of vaccinations, lack of exposure to the immune system, genetics, etc. 

Lack of exercise, maybe these people are working and on front lines more say as grocery store clerks. Poorer diet and more overweight... there are other reasons. Being overweight is a big factor. .. speaking of which I better get out there and move this morning. 

It spread thru a meat packing plant in texas as a for instance here. Being on front lines is a factor. Many of the higher paying jobs they could work from home here. 

16 hours ago, brenderlou said:

Considering Royal is now saying “hey, there’s still a chance we’ll sail in 2020” I think we can safely assume the CDC isn’t going to allow cruises next week. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bigrednole said:

It is unfortunate the CDC has so much power and so little knowledge. They have failed of epic proportions on this one. No systemic method to collect data. No systemic method to provide the data. No systemic direction for the country. ...That's it. So, if you are in the group of 90% of the population that has minimal affects, live your life. Those in the 10% group isolate and remain safe as you see fit.

It's actually higher than 90% for all demographics.

While the CDC's failure and incompetence regarding cruising is morally criminal, their statisticians seem mostly capable.  But then again, you don't need a multi-billion dollar agency doing something as mid-sized accounting firm in a mid-sized city could do just as well.

It's time to end the CDC's authority over cruising completely.  The State of Florida is more than capable of handling this for our ports and we'd be happy to work with Texas, Alaska, Louisiana, etc on unified standards.

We should have been cruising since June 5.

• Like 4

Just now, flyguyjake said:

Do you have bags packed? lol

Ready to go if it does expire?

Nope, cancelled one November cruise, shifted the other. Friends still think its going. 

My next cruise that I think will go is Mariner in June

• Like 2