Vaccination Certificate required for Travel

lkettle

6 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Are you sure?. Can I get arrested for having one. Locked, up or fined. Off to the Tower kind of illegal, or do you mean the results are currently not accepted by all?.🤔

This from the UK Government web page

"There are currently no COVID-19 self-test kits in the UK suitable for home use and it is illegal to supply them for use by members of the public. This is because no COVID-19 self-test kits have a CE mark. However, this may change if CE marked self-test kits become available".22 Sep 2020:

25 minutes ago, Chrisdriving said:

Or what could happen is the ship has to report any illness to the ports ahead and literally just one case could stop the ship being allowed in effectively ending the holiday.

Far too risky for us to consider unfortunately.

We have better ways to spend our money than to pay for a ticket on a prison ship.

It could be Chris, but none of us know what the initial protocols will be yet, even the cruise line. However I would expect the CLIA to be lobbying for the ports of call to addopt a much more sympathetic attitude now that we know far more about Covid19, and that cruise ships are rigorously applying the protocols which will limit the spread of the infection.

It is too soon at present to apply a blanket negative to a cruising restart.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wowzz said:

"There are currently no COVID-19 self-test kits in the UK suitable for home use and it is illegal to supply them for use by members of the public. This is because no COVID-19 self-test kits have a CE mark. However, this may change if CE marked self-test kits become available".22 Sep 2020:

It does not say it is illegal to buy them though.

5 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

It does not say it is illegal to buy them though.

That is correct, but whoever sells them is breaking the law, although I can't see any rush to prosecute anyone.

At the end of the day, the results are so inaccurate that there doesn't seem much point in buying one anyway. The results prove nothing, and will not be accepted by any official body in the UK.

47 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I'm not meaning to be argumentative wowzz, but why??  The R rate was very low when Boris opened the hospitality venues again and it would still take a while before covid transmissions increased to the level we're at now. From the start of the pandemic in the UK in February/March the R rate then took two months before it was high enough to cause the lockdown. About the same this second time around.

Avril

That is a very concerning conclusion Avril, and lots of countries around Europe seem to be experiencing exactly the same situation. 

If Boris's 3 tier system does not work then we might have to go through the Spring lockdown all over again, with similar costs to the exchequer and another major blow to the economy.

Or should we follow the Sweden approach and continue as normal, that might be preferable but to avoid a massive rise in the infection rate and huge numbers dying, and maybe the NHS being overwhelmed, we might have to resort to my ultimate deterrent; shooting people who refuse to follow the rules.:classic_blink:

Edited by terrierjohn
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Several are now CE marked, who knows what status a CE mark will have after year end.

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Predictable? Certainly. It's in the universities where the majority of new cases began. Coincedental that  students were the amongst the crowds disregarding the mask and distancing guidelines? I don't think so. That's why there are many more younger people now with more serious symptoms of covid. A neighbour of ours has his two grandsons aged 19 and 23 in hospital with covid and on ventilators.

Avril

Lets hope your neighbours two lads make a speedy recovery.So much for herd immunity in the youth of today.:classic_unsure:

The figures shown on TV by Chris Witty shows that age range could be in real trouble if covid is not taken seriously .

I was reading through yours and Wowzz's posts and you both make decent points about the spread of it.

Just my take on it and nothing to say i'm right or wrong ....

We seem to know that the virus spreads faster indoors and a little slower outdoors but never the less it still spreads.

To use an analogy  ..If I had a car and the exhaust leaked into the saloon of the car and like last month the weather was very nice , I choose to take no action, the windows are down what's the harm ?

A very low risk of monoxide poisoning !!

As the weather gets colder I now drive with the windows shut .A bit risky, now could die or could just be ill from it .

One night  I decide to sleep in my car but with the engine running ...:classic_ohmy: !!

I had all the warning signs but chose to ignore them at my peril.

I think covid should be given no chance ,sat outside in a crowd ,it will still be a risk ,the only difference is we cannot see covid or smell it  but I say why chance it ?

To us it is a new virus and should never be took for granted .We know it can infect at a fast or slow rate but infect us it will,given the chance .

I hope those two lads come out of hospital with no long lasting effects from the virus .:classic_smile:

Stay safe everyone :classic_smile:

Edited by kalos
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

You're not being argumentative,  we're just having a discussion.

My thoughts were that if the crowds on the beaches were as potentially dangerous as many people said, the CV19  rate would have increased much more quickly. Also, I think most experts are of the opinion that viral loading is much lower in outdoor situations,  such as a beach with a sea breeze, compared  to an indoor stuffy location.

If you read back, I specifically said hospitality, the beach was an after thought. I don't think the freshers parties in the universities helped either.

Avril

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

, we might have to resort to my ultimate deterrent; shooting people who refuse to follow the rules.:classic_blink:

That's a rather drastic solution John, but given the state of the country at the moment and the total non-compliance of the govenment's guidelines, I think I could be persuaded😉 I have a few in mind for the trial run too🤣

Avril

• Like 1

So sad that those 2 boys are so ill in hospital.A friend of mine knows someone who lost their 18 year old daughter to covid a few months ago.I wish those cases might be highlighted(however tragic) because I feel with the current message that covid is not dangerous to teenagers there is no deterrant for them to take the risk seriously

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, ann141 said:

So sad that those 2 boys are so ill in hospital.A friend of mine knows someone who lost their 18 year old daughter to covid a few months ago.I wish those cases might be highlighted(however tragic) because I feel with the current message that covid is not dangerous to teenagers there is no deterrant for them to take the risk seriously

agree.gif.7d9ca4efafe9f891982dcd8c9fa21e27.gif

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ann141 said:

I completely agree with you Ann. If from the outset they had said it was dangerous to everyone, then we wouldn't be in this state now. It's sad that it had to come to this. 

Avril

• Like 4

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

That is a very concerning conclusion Avril, and lots of countries around Europe seem to be experiencing exactly the same situation. 

If Boris's 3 tier system does not work then we might have to go through the Spring lockdown all over again, with similar costs to the exchequer and another major blow to the economy.

Or should we follow the Sweden approach and continue as normal, that might be preferable but to avoid a massive rise in the infection rate and huge numbers dying, and maybe the NHS being overwhelmed, we might have to resort to my ultimate deterrent; shooting people who refuse to follow the rules.:classic_blink:

I find it hard looking at other countries as a source of comparison.  Sweden has approx one sixth of the population of the UK but with a land area almost twice as much.  The population of London is 90% of the total population of Sweden.  Looking at population density, also such statistics as number of people living in a single household, must contribute to how infection spreads which presumably also affects possible responses.  (One person households is the most common in Sweden.) It's all very interesting (and confusing to me)  so I'm not sure what conclusions can be drawn.  I suspect it will keep statisticians busy for many years to come!  

• Like 4

6 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

You are assuming something that might not happen, and if it did it would be a slow(ish) evolutionary process. In the unlikely event that a passenger or crew member became ill, the first occasion would be they and family. or cabin sharers in the case of crew, would be put in isolation and the cruise would continue as normal.

If over the next few days other passengers or crew members fell ill or tested positive, they would also be isolated.

If or when this became a serious infection then I would expect the cruise line to have protocols covering their next action, which might include curtailing the cruise and returning to their home port, where I would expect they would have an agreed procedure for testing all the disembarking passengers and only allowing those testing negative to leave the ship.

But I would expect this to be a very unlikely occurrence, especially if all passengers follow the rules.

But let's face it none of us know what protocols would be in place when any restart commences, and as P&O have said they will be continually updated as the situation evolves.

A story about an unlikely occurrence. Several years ago a local charity raffled a new car in the local shopping centre. Pay a pound and roll 7? dice, roll 7 sixes and you win the car. On the first afternoon of the raffle someone paid their pound and promptly rolled all sixes. Aaargh, the charity had not taken out insurance. Moral, if it can happen it will, probably at the worst possible time 😕

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ann141 said:

Every death is tragic, especially in the young. But, for perspective,  up until October 2nd this year, "only" 584 people in the 15 - 44 age group have died with ( not necessarily because of) CV19, many of whom will already have had pre-existing medical issues.

The chances therefore of teenagers dying from CV19 are extremely low, as are the chances that any teenager will be aware of anyone in their age group dying from the virus.

So, the reason that many younger people do not take CV19 seriously, is that, for them, it is not dangerous. Obviously the danger comes from the young infecting us old uns.