Vaccination Certificate required for Travel

lkettle

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

Just read the answer to the question "What if there is an outbreak of CV19 on board?".

A total non-answer, total ignoring the question,  and giving no specific details at all.  

But there was a comment about separate quarantine cabins for isolation.

7 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

But there was a comment about separate quarantine cabins for isolation.

It was a very short answer, but did nothing to reassure me. Once someone is in quarantine fine, but what about the people they have been in contact with? 

Avril

30 minutes ago, purplesea said:

I think it is unfair of P&O to say that cancellation is subject to their standard policy, if those conditions are not acceptable to people.

I agree, however I have feared that they would do this for some time.  The "extra cabin credit" has gone, as has the principle of any compensation for losing the flexibilities associated with a select price booking.

Clearly, they have been advised that they can change the holidays fundamentally without giving cause for a refund of the deposit:

Likely outcomes now:

1) Non Carnival lines (Saga, Fred etc) will pick up P&O business because they will be able to "outbid" P&O on flexibility and reasonableness when it comes to customer service.  Potentially on value for money too.

2) People with outstanding FCCs will probably go for refunds in greater number now, due to the insurance point in particular.  Holiday Extras will / do not cover some pre existing medical conditions.  Who knows when the underwriting risk will change?

3) 2022 summer launch will be a damp squib beyond the customers who are determined to book P&O, come what may.

Lots of deposits being transferred from 2021 when balances become due again.

However, what I will say is that it is good - finally, belatedly, that they have said something.  Everyone knows that the pig is a pig now and can choose accordingly 🐖 even though there are a few porkie pies by omission...🤷

10 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

It was a very short answer, but did nothing to reassure me. Once someone is in quarantine fine, but what about the people they have been in contact with? 

Avril

I agree Avril. P&O are completely ignoring that important question which is being asked time and time again on you know where....

Edited by Angel57

Looks like there are now a lot of angry people on the other site now, outnumbering  the sycophants.

Peter Dagnell, who sends out the guides, and is a P&O stalwart, has written a long, reasoned post, commenting on the way the proposed changes will make the cruising experience totally different to the one he has booked, and has basically been told by P&O to sod off

Lots of unhappy people out there.

4 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Looks like there are now a lot of angry people on the other site now, outnumbering  the sycophants.

Peter Dagnell, who sends out the guides, and is a P&O stalwart, has written a long, reasoned post, commenting on the way the proposed changes will make the cruising experience totally different to the one he has booked, and has basically been told by P&O to sod off

Lots of unhappy people out there.

I saw that post Wowzz and was very surprised how disappointed / unhappy he was.

14 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

If they show symptoms they would be quarantined, if not they are safe to continue, you surely dont want another Diamond Princess fiasco?

Edited by terrierjohn
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

If they show symptoms they would be quarantined, if not they are safe to continue, you surely dont want another Diamond Princess fiasco?

If you quarantine anyone with symptoms, surely you have to quarantine everybody, crew or passenger, that they have been in contact with. How do you do that, short of putting the whole ship in lock down?

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, wowzz said:

If you quarantine anyone with symptoms, surely you have to quarantine everybody, crew or passenger, that they have been in contact with. How do you do that, short of putting the whole ship in lock down?

They would need a ship wide track and trace system, similar to what we have ashore ( but much more efficient than we currently have ashore) 

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

I rather believe that the main reason for testing passengers prior to boarding, observing social distancing, mask wearing and only dining with members of your own party, is to ensure that infections are not passed onto other passengers and crew members  otherwise why bother with all that stuff.

Edited by terrierjohn

18 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I rather believe that the main reason for testing passengers prior to boarding, observing social distancing, mask wearing and only dining with members of your own party, is to ensure that infections are not passed onto other passengers and crew members  otherwise why bother with all that stuff.

Yes indeed, but what happens when, inevitably, there is a case of CV19  onboard?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wowzz said:

Yes indeed, but what happens when, inevitably, there is a case of CV19  onboard?

You just have to hope that it's not your cruise that it happens.😇

But more seriously, I expect that only the couple or family would initially be quarantined, and if the other precautions have been successful, then it should not have spread.

59 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

But more seriously, I expect that only the couple or family would initially be quarantined, and if the other precautions have been successful, then it should not have spread.

When we are ashore, if we are informed that we are a contact of someone who has tested positive, we have to immediately self isolate for 14 days , so it should be the same on board.

As a ship is a closed community where viruses can spread easily, it’d be essential that contacts were identified and told to self isolate.

3 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

When we are ashore, if we are informed that we are a contact of someone who has tested positive, we have to immediately self isolate for 14 days , so it should be the same on board.

As a ship is a closed community where viruses can spread easily, it’d be essential that contacts were identified and told to self isolate.

Absolutely, which is why we need to know what P&O will do when a case is discovered. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

John, sorry, do you seriously think that by quarantining one family or couple , that will be enough?

There is no way that the authorities will release a ship full of potentially infected passengers back into the UK unless they have either all been tested, or all been quarantined.

3 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Absolutely, which is why we need to know what P&O will do when a case is discovered. 

I keep telling you what they have outlined in their protocols, just because you don't believe they will work does not make them invalid, unless you have suddenly developed mystical powers. 

2 minutes ago, wowzz said:

John, sorry, do you seriously think that by quarantining one family or couple , that will be enough?

There is no way that the authorities will release a ship full of potentially infected passengers back into the UK unless they have either all been tested, or all been quarantined.

Why do you not believe that social distancing, wearing masks in busy areas, and dining only with family/party members will protect the other passengers and crew?  You presumably follow these practices at present.

1 minute ago, terrierjohn said:

I keep telling you what they have outlined in their protocols, just because you don't believe they will work does not make them invalid, unless you have suddenly developed mystical powers. 

Fair enough. But why will they not say what they will do when they get a case of CV19 on board?  Yes, they will stick the infectious person in an isolation cabin, but what about, for example, all the waiters who will have served that person during the incubation period.

1 minute ago, terrierjohn said:

Why do you not believe that social distancing, wearing masks in busy areas, and dining only with family/party members will protect the other passengers and crew?  You presumably follow these practices at present.

See my reply about infecting wait staff.

1 minute ago, wowzz said:

Fair enough. But why will they not say what they will do when they get a case of CV19 on board?  Yes, they will stick the infectious person in an isolation cabin, but what about, for example, all the waiters who will have served that person during the incubation period.

WE dont know what they plan for waiters, maybe they will wear masks, and I have never known a waiter take 15 minutes to serve one person, which is what the App allows you to be in close proximity, before it flags you up as a close contact.

• Like 2