Vaccination Certificate required for Travel

lkettle

51 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I, and Roger, am talking about the certificate or whatever, saying that you have tested negative, not a vaccination certificate.

Silly me. I made the mistake of looking at the subject of the thread for guidance 🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

The Certificate shows you have had the jab. Isn't the point of having the jab supposed to be stopping you getting  the virus?.🤔

Unfortunately not zap. It gives you antibodies to help fight the virus if you catch it. 

Avril

44 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

If the vaccine is safe we would pay for the vaccine and certificate to travel.

We got our Typhoid, Hep A, yellow fever free from our GP. Certificate free also. Free as in paid for by NI and taxes.

Edited by zap99

56 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I, and Roger, am talking about the certificate or whatever, saying that you have tested negative, not a vaccination certificate.

A certificate stating a negative covid result is absolutely useless imo. What is needed is a certificate stating you've had a vaccination against it. It's like travelling to central Africa with a certificate staing you haven't got Yellow Fever. 

Avril

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, zap99 said:

We got our Typhoid, Hep A, yellow fever free from our GP. Certificate free also. Free as in paid for by NI and taxes.

I think it very much depends on your local practice, and how they are doing with their budget. Certainly round here you would be expected to pay.

6 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

A certificate stating a negative covid result is absolutely useless imo. What is needed is a certificate stating you've had a vaccination against it. It's like travelling to central Africa with a certificate staing you haven't got Yellow Fever. 

Avril

Avril, until a vaccine becomes available, a very recent negative test result is the only thing available, and that is what the cruise lines are currently building into their restart protocols.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, terrierjohn said:

Avril, until a vaccine becomes available, a very recent negative test result is the only thing available, and that is what the cruise lines are currently building into their restart protocols.

Vaccine will be available,soon , very soon. That was on the news. Perhaps from USA.😁

4 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Vaccine will be available,soon , very soon. That was on the news. Perhaps from USA.😁

Perhaps there will not be the push from USA for a vaccine now that Trump has had Covid, or supposedly had Covid, and he doesnt need one and doesnt care about others getting vaccine. That is if he is still POTUS in 3 weeks time of course.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

But if it works then you would not become infectious and would not have any symptoms, or pass the virus onto anyone else.

I was saying that a vaccination doesn't prevent you catching a virus, as zap said it could. You can still have symptoms, albeit very mild ones. For example, you can still catch flu, but would maybe only have a sight headache or a sniffle.

Avril

I was saying that a vaccination doesn't prevent you catching a virus, as zap said it could. You can still have symptoms, albeit very mild ones. For example, you can still catch flu, but would maybe only have a sight headache or a sniffle.

Avril

That's the answer then Avril. Don't listen to me.😂

10 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

Avril, this from a google search which seems to say that vaccines stop the virus from infecting you.

Vaccines trick the body to build a defense against bacteria, diseases and viruses. Once introduced into the system, the body’s white blood cells attack and destroy these pathogens. From then on, these little soldiers stand constant watch. On detection, they instantly move to destroy the disease before it gains a foothold. A vaccine is a pretender, a double agent of sorts, that helps protect the body

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

Avril, this from a google search which seems to say that vaccines stop the virus from infecting you.

Vaccines trick the body to build a defense against bacteria, diseases and viruses. Once introduced into the system, the body’s white blood cells attack and destroy these pathogens. From then on, these little soldiers stand constant watch. On detection, they instantly move to destroy the disease before it gains a foothold. A vaccine is a pretender, a double agent of sorts, that helps protect the body

I was only repeating what the doctor told us when we had our jabs for abroad. He advised us to avoid areas where we could pick up certain viruses as vaccines don't totally prevent infection they help your body to fight it. Which in a roundabout way is what you posted. 

Avril

• Like 1

I was only repeating what the doctor told us when we had our jabs for abroad. He advised us to avoid areas where we could pick up certain viruses as vaccines don't totally prevent infection they help your body to fight it. Which in a roundabout way is what you posted. 

Avril

Fully agree ,caveat being these little guardians tend to fade away ,hence the booster /annual jabs.

So the doctor was giving you good advice Avril .

12 minutes ago, kalos said:

Fully agree ,caveat being these little guardians tend to fade away ,hence the booster /annual jabs.

All vaccines vary in their efficacy and the length of time they provide immunity, and we have no idea how any of the covid vaccines will perform as yet, but we have to hope they will provide reasonable immunity.

Edited by terrierjohn
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, kalos said:

The flu vaccine  isn't the same every year. It varies. This year the majority are getting QIVe but over 65s are recommended the tri vaccine, more bang for your buck!

• Like 1

Yes,l had mine about 3 weeks ago and she told me exactly that.  Different type for over 65s.  How they decide on exactly that age is weird.

I do hear that the Government is going to stop this blanket ban on over 70s being vulnerable.  Instead, if you are 55, overweight/existing conditions, you will be more vulnerable than a fit slim 70 year old.

46 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Yes,l had mine about 3 weeks ago and she told me exactly that.  Different type for over 65s.  How they decide on exactly that age is weird.

I do hear that the Government is going to stop this blanket ban on over 70s being vulnerable.  Instead, if you are 55, overweight/existing conditions, you will be more vulnerable than a fit slim 70 year old.

Yes they gave me the works as well Jean based on my existing condition also shoved in a pneumonia 

for good measure .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Reading back through our posts John and zap , the three of us  are basically saying the same thing but in different ways🤣.

Avril

I try not to say different things, but often disagree with myself. Oh no I don't. As a glass halt full, or even fuller than that, I often disagree with glass half empty folks. If they like , they can tip their glass into mine and make me quite a happy bunny.😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1