Vaccination Certificate required for Travel

lkettle

33 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

So now Quantas are doing flights to nowhere and cruises are doing the same.   For goodness sake.  They can keep those as far as I'm concerned.

Quantas airlines are far too late , Yorkshire Airlines have been doing flights to nowhere for years .:classic_smile:

Edited by kalos
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

So now Quantas are doing flights to nowhere and cruises are doing the same.   For goodness sake.  They can keep those as far as I'm concerned.

I believe they did Concorde flights to nowhere but cruises to no where would be a non starter for us.

Graham. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

I believe they did Concorde flights to nowhere but cruises to no where would be a non starter for us.

Graham. 

As long as it was hot in nowhere we might consider it, since Pauline can't get on a standard coach, we probably won't be getting off anyway if you can only go ashore on a ship's excursion.  I wonder if we could still anchor somewhere sheltered?

11 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Graham. 

I could tolerate a cruise to nowhere if it was a cruise to Norway. Sailing up and down those beautiful fjords and along the coast to scenic areas like the Lofoten islands. no need to dock at any port. In a Balcony cabin of course 🙂

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, davecttr said:

I could tolerate a cruise to nowhere if it was a cruise to Norway. Sailing up and down those beautiful fjords and along the coast to scenic areas like the Lofoten islands. no need to dock at any port. In a Balcony cabin of course 🙂

We would go. Somewhere nice, somewhere warm, anywhere really.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, davecttr said:

So could we. We love the relaxation of being at sea. A lovely scenic cruise with good evening entertainment would suit us just fine. Just to be able to go away somewhere.

Avril

• Like 3

Actually, I would go on a cruise to nowhere. Just wafting along somewhere, the motion of the ocean, good food, don't even mind if it's hot or cold cruise ( I have sat on a balcony before with a rug around me).

Unlike a few of you I haven't been anywhere since before lockdown due to combination of work, both husband and myself and no real desire to do a few days land based holiday in this country. I would love to just get away.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, purplesea said:

I would go on a cruise to nowhere, I would be quite happy to just sail around and relax on board.  It would be good to just get away as I haven't been anywhere since November. 

Our last cruise was the end of November last year and that was it. I'm slowly going stir-crazy😵 

Avril

26 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

There’s been a Tuesday at 10am announcement.

P&O’s new protocols. No surprises, but it’s a no thanks from me.

https://www.pocruises.com/cruise-with-confidence

Thanks for the link. Having just read through the information that does not sound like a relaxing holiday to me. 

I think a lot of people will choose not to cruise under these restrictions. 

Edited by Eglesbrech
  • Like 4

Thanks for posting the link.

From time to time we cruise with friends, so I was glad to read that you can still dine with other passengers in your travel group.  Unfortunately that doesn't help solo travellers who have posted on here that part of their cruise enjoyment is dining with others.  It would be interesting whether consideration could be made to solo travellers to form bubbles?

The only protocol that I have an issue with is that regarding going ashore only on ship's excursions or "vetted" trips.  But that would not necessarily be a deal breaker for me, depending on itinery.  And of course, how long will these protocols remain in force for?

Depending on itinery, I would still be happy to go with these protocols.  I do think that applying standard T & Cs to those who cancel their booking because of the new protocols is a bit mean though, as not everybody will want to, or be able to transfer their booking.

Edited by Son of Anarchy
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Thanks for posting the link.

From time to time we cruise with friends, so I was glad to read that you can still dine with other passengers in your travel group.  Unfortunately that doesn't help solo travellers who have posted on here that part of their cruise enjoyment is dining with others.  It would be interesting whether consideration could be made to solo travellers to form bubbles?

The only protocol that I have an issue is that regarding going ashore only on ship's excursions or "vetted" trips.  But that would not necessarily be a dealer breaker for me, depending on itinery.  And of course, how long will these protocols remain in force for?

Depending on itinery, I would still be happy to go with these protocols.  I do think that applying standard T & Cs to those who cancel their booking because of the new protocols is a bit mean though, as not everybody will want to, or be able to transfer their booking.

The vetted trips really jumped out to me as well. I don’t fancy being herded about as the only way to see the ports I have paid to sail to.

What is now on offer, while understandable, is not what people booked. As just one example lots of people book select to get freedom dining and that’s gone. Social distancing in theatres probably means that not everyone will get to see the shows, seats are already at a premium on some ships.

This is now a totally different holiday.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Thanks for the link. Having just read through the information that does not sound like a relaxing holiday to me. 

I think a lot of people with choose not to cruise under these restrictions. 

Neither do we. It looks as if we will be constantly moving our deposit until this changes.

Avril

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Neither do we. It looks as if we will be constantly moving our deposit until this changes.

Avril

I think this is fine for those of us who are retired but many passengers will have booked their holidays with their employers and unfortunately cannot keep moving them.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dermotsgirl said:

There’s been a Tuesday at 10am announcement.

P&O’s new protocols. No surprises, but it’s a no thanks from me.

https://www.pocruises.com/cruise-with-confidence

Seems to be more or less exactly the same as the Princess email sent out on Sunday (unsurprisingly)

There is still the issue of pre-transport testing. No mention at all as to how it will be done, who will pay for it,  what you do after taking the test, timescales etc.

Until such time as there is an accurate test, with virtually instant results, available immediately prior to boarding, all the puff about pre-transport testing is just waffle.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

I think this is fine for those of us who are retired but many passengers will have booked their holidays with their employers and unfortunately cannot keep moving them.

The fact that you can't cancel without penalty is another bad PR decision imo. Frank and I are of an age, and with certain health issues, where we don't know if we will be well enough to travel in a couple of years. One other point is that if you move your booking you can't get insurance cover either. We  use Eavesway to travel to Southampton. Nothing is mentioned about getting home if you're refused boarding.

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
added text
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Seems to be more or less exactly the same as the Princess email sent out on Sunday (unsurprisingly)

There is still the issue of pre-transport testing. No mention at all as to how it will be done, who will pay for it,  what you do after taking the test, timescales etc.

Until such time as there is an accurate test, with virtually instant results, available immediately prior to boarding, all the puff about pre-transport testing is just waffle.

People are asking these questions on Facebook, and are getting a bog standard reply from P&O, which doesn't actually answer the questions at all.

11 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

The fact that you can't cancel without penalty is another bad PR decision imo. Frank and I are of an age, and will certain health issues, where we don't know if we will be well enough to travel in a couple of years. One other point is that if you move your booking you can't get insurance cover you either.

Avril

The three cruises I have booked were all booked in 2019, long before Covid. These protocols will mean it's not the holiday I booked, so it's disappointing the P&O will not allow penalty free cancellations. Of course, they want to hang on to people's money.

Part of me wants to say 'stuff it' and just walk away. But I've got nearly £2500 tied up with Carnival, and it's a lot of money to lose. So I suppose I'll have to get on the transferring to a later date merry go round for two of the cruises. The other one has a small  deposit, so, if necessary, I don't mind losing that one.

I've got annual insurance cover, which does cover COVID, so I believe I'm ok for travel insurance. 

Edited by Dermotsgirl

20 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

People are asking these questions on Facebook, and are getting a bog standard reply from P&O, which doesn't actually answer the questions at all.

Exactly. 

What amazes me is the number of sycophantic posters who are treating the information as if it was the answer to every single CV19 issue, and don't realise that there is not a single detail to be found anywhere.

• Like 4