Vaccination Certificate required for Travel

lkettle

Listen to what MP Tobias Ellwood said on parliament TV live last night regards Vaccination Certificate to allow travel , listen to speech below , they are hoping for vaccines to be administered in  six months time to then allow you to travel abroad , no certificate no travel.

This is for adults and children , how do feel about having a unproven vaccine administered before you can travel abroad, by the armed forces.

29 minutes ago, lkettle said:

Listen to what MP Tobias Ellwood said on parliament TV live last night regards Vaccination Certificate to allow travel , listen to speech below , they are hoping for vaccines to be administered in  six months time to then allow you to travel abroad , no certificate no travel.

This is for adults and children , how do feel about having a unproven vaccine administered before you can travel abroad, by the armed forces.

Talks a lot of sense imo.  And without wishing to get political, we could hope that the planning and logistics would be better handled by the military than we have seen thus far.

Re your question, i know not everyone agrees with vaccination but provided we were fairly confident that they were, above all, safe then I'd be quite happy to comply.  It would be worth it to me to be able to enjoy travelling again.  It would also be reassuring knowing other passengers were also vaccinated. 

I wonder if that requirement for a certificate (hopefully internationally accepted) would extend to the crew on cruise ships.  Also, i know nothing about the medical issues, but might some people not be suitable for vaccination on medical grounds even if they would like to be vaccinated?  That would be tough on them.

Edited by kruzseeka
  • Like 2

I didn't hear that the armed forces will give the vaccine only be involved with the logistics of delivery. There will  be some who are unable to have the vaccine on medical grounds but I suspect they will be very  few, more likely they don't want it for whatever reason. 

ARE vaccination certificates for other diseases are internationally  recognised eg. yellow fever?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

Absolutely agree. If the vaccine is approved by the UK, that's good enough for me and gives some reassurance.

In our travel pack we have cards showing we have been vaccinated for typhoid, Hep B etc, we have EHIC cards, insurance cards , money, credit cards. Covid cert is just another thing to take.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, zap99 said:

In our travel pack we have cards showing we have been vaccinated for typhoid, Hep B etc, we have EHIC cards, insurance cards , money, credit cards. Covid cert is just another thing to take.

Maybe it can replace the EHIC card in your pack unless part of any Brexit deal agrees to it’s continuation.

1 minute ago, pete14 said:

Maybe it can replace the EHIC card in your pack unless part of any Brexit deal agrees to it’s continuation.

Perhaps we will have EHIC after year end, perhaps not. As We have never used it that is no great loss.

8 minutes ago, ohnonotmeagain said:

I didn't hear that the armed forces will give the vaccine only be involved with the logistics of delivery

That's what I understood him to say too, which cosidering the scale of what he's proposing, is the only way it could be done. I would have the vaccination too, providing it was proven safe and not rushed through in panic.

Avril

• Like 1

This could create a 2 tier population. Those prioritised (or the privileged who pay to skip the queue) and those left at the very end of the queue. This could take a very long time to roll out across everyone and those without it could be landlocked in the U.K.

Once the obvious priorities are dealt with how do they decide Who gets it first without causing discrimination of one type or another. A national ballot perhaps?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

Once the obvious priorities are dealt with how do they decide Who gets it first without causing discrimination of one type or another. A national ballot perhaps?

I'm unsure as to how a ballot could possibly work. I would have thought that the most vunerable and those having to shield at the moment should be first and work from there. 

Avril

• Like 2

Only problem is that the vaccine might only last 6 months and you need two doses.  That's what they are saying.  I have just had my flu jab.  Managed to get in to Boots before they ran out and cancelled future appointments.  Very much doubt whether we shall cruise or go abroad without a vaccine.

Edited by jeanlyon

42 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I'm unsure as to how a ballot could possibly work. I would have thought that the most vunerable and those having to shield at the moment should be first and work from there. 

Avril

If the covid jab will be available from chemists like the flu jab, and assuming there are enough doses, then it ought to be possible to get it completed fairly rapidly, as long as enough chemists are prepared to give jabs.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

This could create a 2 tier population. Those prioritised (or the privileged who pay to skip the queue) and those left at the very end of the queue. This could take a very long time to roll out across everyone and those without it could be landlocked in the U.K.

Vaccine will be given priority according to need. Apparently the Oxford group are worried that no 'high ups' are talking to them about the procedures for actually giving the stuff to people. They said those in the non priority groups could be waiting until 2022 for their turn 😨

Wont happen and if it did then i would not be cruising because i will not have the jab under any circumstances.

my personal choice.

Sometimes wonder if this is all just a hoax to force more control over people, friend of

mines Dad died at home of terminal cancer back in April they put Covid 19 on death cert which was total lie, why would they do that? but its true.

Edited by Chrisdriving
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, davecttr said:

Vaccine will be given priority according to need. Apparently the Oxford group are worried that no 'high ups' are talking to them about the procedures for actually giving the stuff to people. They said those in the non priority groups could be waiting until 2022 for their turn 😨

Yes that’s what I have heard in the news here as well, it won’t be quick.

It is taking months to roll out the flu injection to “priority groups” which is a small section compared to a whole country needing a vaccine. They have run out and as Jean said cancelled appointments at pharmacy’s to reserve the vaccine for those in the greatest need - and they do that one every year.

So once you do the priority groups for Covid, who is next? People will be clamouring for it if they want to go abroad.

Let’s just hope they get the production done in a timely manner, administering the injection is actually the easy bit. There are a small army of retired nurses who would volunteer to help out in every village hall if necessary.

Edited by Eglesbrech
Arm to army

7 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

That's what I understood him to say too, which cosidering the scale of what he's proposing, is the only way it could be done. I would have the vaccination too, providing it was proven safe and not rushed through in panic.

Avril

Me too.

I had my flu jab today and a few weeks ago I had a pneumonia jab.

6 minutes ago, Chrisdriving said:

Wont happen and if it did then i would not be cruising because i will not have the jab under any circumstances.

my personal choice.

There will certainly be a lot of debate about it if governments make it mandatory for travel as suggested. You are not the only person I have heard saying they don’t want a vaccine, as you say entirely your choice.

• Like 1

Vaccination certificate is required all over the place these days, I mean a certificate from your doctor that you are healthy and good to go wherever you go. Last time I had to get one when I was going to Paris for a one-day business trip. Its crazy but this is  the reality we live in. In a way it resembles what has happened after 9-11 attack.. 

The first to get the vaccine will be health workers, care workers,  those in vital public services etc. Much more important that they get the vaccine first, than those at risk. Protecting those who look after many,  many individuals must take precedence over anyone else. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, zap99 said:

They have already started, but it's a different type of chemical.🤒

I know I was hoping that Dave would go and test it out ,then come back and 

tell us what it was like ...That's if he could still speak English :classic_unsure::classic_wink:

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Me too.

I had my flu jab today and a few weeks ago I had a pneumonia jab.

You were lucky Graham. All the pressure to have a flu vaccination, and now they've not enough for the over 65's. We had our pneumonia jab 4 years ago. Has pauline had her flu jab?

Avril

• Like 1