Vaccination Certificate required for Travel

lkettle

John,  we are going round in circles here.

Of course P&O are taking all necessary precautions, but, at the end of the day, you have to prepare for the worst case scenario.  All I am asking, is what else will they do in that instance, apart from sticking the unfortunate person/couple/family in isolation,  because that, in itself, is not enough. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Why do you not believe that social distancing, wearing masks in busy areas, and dining only with family/party members will protect the other passengers and crew?  You presumably follow these practices at present.

The majority of the population do all that ashore, yet infections are increasing.

it only takes one person to slip through the pre boarding test net, then a few slip ups with mask wearing , social distancing or hygiene, for the virus to get a foothold 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Dermotsgirl said:

The majority of the population do all that ashore, yet infections are increasing.

I’m not so sure that this is the case in the areas that have infection increasing. From the pictures that are shown distance and mask wearing seem non existent. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Gettingwarmer said:

I’m not so sure that this is the case in the areas that have infection increasing. From the pictures that are shown distance and mask wearing seem non existent. 

Looking at the News, many people don't seem to give a hoot.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, wowzz said:

John,  we are going round in circles here.

Of course P&O are taking all necessary precautions, but, at the end of the day, you have to prepare for the worst case scenario.  All I am asking, is what else will they do in that instance, apart from sticking the unfortunate person/couple/family in isolation,  because that, in itself, is not enough. 

You are assuming something that might not happen, and if it did it would be a slow(ish) evolutionary process. In the unlikely event that a passenger or crew member became ill, the first occasion would be they and family. or cabin sharers in the case of crew, would be put in isolation and the cruise would continue as normal.

If over the next few days other passengers or crew members fell ill or tested positive, they would also be isolated.

If or when this became a serious infection then I would expect the cruise line to have protocols covering their next action, which might include curtailing the cruise and returning to their home port, where I would expect they would have an agreed procedure for testing all the disembarking passengers and only allowing those testing negative to leave the ship.

But I would expect this to be a very unlikely occurrence, especially if all passengers follow the rules.

But let's face it none of us know what protocols would be in place when any restart commences, and as P&O have said they will be continually updated as the situation evolves.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Dermotsgirl said:

Do they???  Not from what I can see. Since the bars, pubs and restaurants re-opened and the beaches were crammed it was obvious what would happen. It's no use trying to close the stable door, that horse has well and truly bolted

Avril

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Do they???  Not from what I can see. Since the bars, pubs and restaurants re-opened and the beaches were crammed it was obvious what would happen. It's no use trying to close the stable door, that horse has well and truly bolted

Avril

Put it this way, where I am, most (nearly all)  people that I see are mask wearing and marking some sort of effort to socially distance.

However, I’m aware that there is a growing chunk of people who aren’t willing to keep to the rules, and some of those will also be people who go on cruises. The crew can’t be everywhere, so there will be incidents of shoddy hygiene and and non mask wearing etc.

The point I was making is that when the virus finds its way onboard, it won’t behave differently at sea. It will spread, and anybody who doesn’t comply with the rules will play a part in this. It was suggested that only the people who actually show symptoms would need to be isolated. On land, if someone has had contact with a person with Covid they must isolate for 14 days, so it needs to be the same onboard. In fact, in a closed community like a cruise ship, its even more essential 

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

To be fair Avril, the packed beaches and Eat Out campaign did not cause a spike in cases. The rise in cases in October is due primarily to schools and universities restarting,  which was eminently predictable. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, wowzz said:

To be fair Avril, the packed beaches and Eat Out campaign did not cause a spike in cases. The rise in cases in October is due primarily to schools and universities restarting,  which was eminently predictable. 

My local authority reports each week the number of cases, the report from last Thursday givens the following

• 96 people have been diagnosed with Covid-19
  • 4 cases are people relating to care homes
  • 10 are people relating to educational settings
  • 16 are students (who attend university in large cities but have home addresses in Telford)
  • The remaining 66 people are in the community across the borough

From what else they have said it appears the majority of cases are from households mixing people not sticking to the social bubble and now the rule of 6 guidelines.

The 16 uni students are counted in LA figures as they are recorded at their home addresses not their uni address, which to me and the council is bonkers, but those are the rules set down by Hancock.

As my neighbour, a teacher has said, we can do all we can to keep them safe at school, but once they are home we have no control on who they mix with.

From what I understand at least 3 pubs have been caught to observing the rules & given firm warnings, the council said licences can be removed if necessary. A wedding venue in the town was fined £10,000 for holding a wedding with over 100 guests 2 weeks ago. 

Edited by Snow Hill
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Predictable? Certainly. It's in the universities where the majority of new cases began. Coincedental that  students were the amongst the crowds disregarding the mask and distancing guidelines? I don't think so. That's why there are many more younger people now with more serious symptoms of covid. A neighbour of ours has his two grandsons aged 19 and 23 in hospital with covid and on ventilators.

Avril

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, wowzz said:

We already discussed this wowzz and the infection rate started to spike in the UK before the Uni students started returning, most Uni towns did show increases as students returned, but these cases were probably already infected before they returned, but of course will have contributed to the continued rise in infections. Nottingham stands out as having a much large number of student cases than the existing population, which is probably why it was not put straight into tier 3 which the number of cases required.

My expert opinion is that its down to noncompliance with Boris's regulations, probably dissident labour supporters.😏

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

We already discussed this wowzz and the infection rate started to spike in the UK before the Uni students started returning, most Uni towns did show increases as students returned, but these cases were probably already infected before they returned, but of course will have contributed to the continued rise in infections. Nottingham stands out as having a much large number of student cases than the existing population, which is probably why it was not put straight into tier 3 which the number of cases required.

My expert opinion is that its down to noncompliance with Boris's regulations, probably dissident labour supporters.😏

Indeed we have discussed it.

The point I am making is that you cannot ascribe the rise in cases in October to busy beaches in August.

3 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

You are assuming something that might not happen, and if it did it would be a slow(ish) evolutionary process. In the unlikely event that a passenger or crew member became ill, the first occasion would be they and family. or cabin sharers in the case of crew, would be put in isolation and the cruise would continue as normal.

If over the next few days other passengers or crew members fell ill or tested positive, they would also be isolated.

If or when this became a serious infection then I would expect the cruise line to have protocols covering their next action, which might include curtailing the cruise and returning to their home port, where I would expect they would have an agreed procedure for testing all the disembarking passengers and only allowing those testing negative to leave the ship.

But I would expect this to be a very unlikely occurrence, especially if all passengers follow the rules.

But let's face it none of us know what protocols would be in place when any restart commences, and as P&O have said they will be continually updated as the situation evolves.

Or what could happen is the ship has to report any illness to the ports ahead and literally just one case could stop the ship being allowed in effectively ending the holiday.

Far too risky for us to consider unfortunately.

We have better ways to spend our money than to pay for a ticket on a prison ship.

Edited by Chrisdriving

13 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Indeed we have discussed it.

The point I am making is that you cannot ascribe the rise in cases in October to busy beaches in August.

I'm not meaning to be argumentative wowzz, but why??  The R rate was very low when Boris opened the hospitality venues again and it would still take a while before covid transmissions increased to the level we're at now. From the start of the pandemic in the UK in February/March the R rate then took two months before it was high enough to cause the lockdown. About the same this second time around.

Avril

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

9, 6 or 4, Diane Abbott would be confused with all of them. 

The rules are quite clear. If you are at a dinner with 5 friends and a few random strangers arrive that's ok, but you must open another bottle of Chardonnay. Tesco finest of course.

Edited by zap99

16 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I'm not meaning to be argumentative wowzz, but why??  The R rate was very low when Boris opened the hospitality venues again and it would still take a while before covid transmissions increased to the level we're at now. From the start of the pandemic in the UK in February/March the R rate then took two months before it was high enough to cause the lockdown. About the same this second time around.

Avril

You're not being argumentative,  we're just having a discussion.

My thoughts were that if the crowds on the beaches were as potentially dangerous as many people said, the CV19  rate would have increased much more quickly. Also, I think most experts are of the opinion that viral loading is much lower in outdoor situations,  such as a beach with a sea breeze, compared  to an indoor stuffy location.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, wowzz said:

Which are illegal in the UK. 

Are you sure?. Can I get arrested for having one. Locked, up or fined. Off to the Tower kind of illegal, or do you mean the results are currently not accepted by all?.🤔