Vaccination Certificate required for Travel

lkettle

3 hours ago, Bloodaxe said:

If you have a flue jab you don't get a certificate, if we eventually get a Covid jab that may be free but I bet you will be charged for a certificate.

Which is only right. The moment that you need something over and above normal NHS treatment/paperwork,  it is only right that you should be charged for it. Anything that adds cost to the basic NHS premise, should be charged for.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Which is only right. The moment that you need something over and above normal NHS treatment/paperwork,  it is only right that you should be charged for it. Anything that adds cost to the basic NHS premise, should be charged for.

Totally agree.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Absolutely. Pay for the cost of the certificate. Press print,take paper from printer, give to customer. Cost !. I guess about 10p. When we have our free travel jabs the nurse signs and dates the cards we have. Minimal cost. 

2 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Absolutely. Pay for the cost of the certificate. Press print,take paper from printer, give to customer. Cost !. I guess about 10p. When we have our free travel jabs the nurse signs and dates the cards we have. Minimal cost. 

Pigs might fly, it would not be at all cheap

4 minutes ago, Bloodaxe said:

Pigs might fly, it would not be at all cheap

I'm sure  the clever NHS, Managers who's salaries we pay, will look on it a a revenue stream. The actual cost of printing a certificate is probably so small that collecting it wouldn't be worth the effort. That won't stop them ripping the punters off with a silly charge.

11 minutes ago, zap99 said:

I'm sure  the clever NHS, Managers who's salaries we pay, will look on it a a revenue stream. The actual cost of printing a certificate is probably so small that collecting it wouldn't be worth the effort. That won't stop them ripping the punters off with a silly charge.

Sorry, you don't seem to understand how things work in the real world.

The moment that anything is done outside of the remit of the NHS, the individual requesting  something extra should pay for the associated extra  costs involved. Paper, ink, labour, depreciation on the printer, etc. in themselves may be peanuts,  but the principle remains the same.  You are entitled to free health care at the point of delivery. Nothing more. 

If you want to get a certificate to go on a cruise, pay for it.

• Like 5

Just now, wowzz said:

The moment that anything is done outside of the remit of the NHS, the individual requesting  something extra should pay for the associated extra  costs involved. Paper, ink, labour, depreciation on the printer, etc. in themselves may be peanuts,  but the principle remains the same.  You are entitled to free health care at the point of delivery. Nothing more. 

As a retired financial manager I do understand those concepts. Add those up ink 1 penny, paper one penny,labour 30 seconds of  a £15 per hour clerk + 22% on cost, 15p. Depreciation of a £200 printer with a straight line 5 year depreciation printing a single sheet. 1penny. That's 18p. Cost of raising invoice ? . Don't bother. NH Service. They can provide what we are already paying for please. Service.

• Like 1

I talked to a friend of mine who happens to be a doctor (in the past), and according to him this certificate does not give any guarantees what so ever, cause by the time you board the ship you might be already infected. To me, it seems like another way to take the money from the population. I doubt these certificates will be free 

• Like 5

8 hours ago, zap99 said:

Digital version even cheaper

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

I talked to a friend of mine who happens to be a doctor (in the past), and according to him this certificate does not give any guarantees what so ever, cause by the time you board the ship you might be already infected. To me, it seems like another way to take the money from the population. I doubt these certificates will be free 

Thank you Roger.

You could get the certificate pre cruise then catch covid19 on the way to the ship on a plane,bus,taxi, pre cruise hotel,motorway services etc.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

Blimey, for once Roger, or rather his friend,  is correct.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Roger.

You could get the certificate pre cruise then catch covid19 on the way to the ship on a plane,bus,taxi, pre cruise hotel,motorway services etc.

The Certificate shows you have had the jab. Isn't the point of having the jab supposed to be stopping you getting  the virus?.🤔

33 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Blimey, for once Roger, or rather his friend,  is correct.

Don't be too hasty. My friend said if you get the jab there is a 95% probability you won't get  the virus. The certificate shows you have been Jabbed. My friend should know, he has an O level in Bionincompooperilogy.😁

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Roger.

My friend said you can only catch it on the first of those. Subsequent exposure won't matter as you will only catch it once. A bit like getting bitten by a second Zombie.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, wowzz said:

It was just a general email sent to all on the Princess mailing list. 

We have regular emails from Princess but for some reason we haven't had this one.  I have now seen it because my sister got it so she forwarded it when I told her we hadn't seen it.  

9 hours ago, wowzz said:

You mean like all the health tourists who come here to have treatment on the NHS, then skip off back home without paying?

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, zap99 said:

The Certificate shows you have had the jab. Isn't the point of having the jab supposed to be stopping you getting  the virus?.🤔

I, and Roger, am talking about the certificate or whatever, saying that you have tested negative, not a vaccination certificate.

8 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

You mean like all the health tourists who come here to have treatment on the NHS, then skip off back home without paying?

Indeed, but that really is a significant thread drift .

Edited by wowzz

We seem to be confusing 2 issues here, a statement saying you have had a recent negative covid test and a certificate saying you have had a covid vaccination.  At present only the former is available, and I assume you currently receive something, e-mail, text message etc from the testing lab, saying the test was negative, hopefully that will satisfy the cruise lines.

9 hours ago, wowzz said:

You are entitled to free health care at the point of delivery. Nothing more. 

We had to pay for our proof of vaccination certificates, which we had to  keep with our passports, when we were travelling to the far east. It was our personal decision to travel to those countries, so only right that we should pay for any medical expenses incurred.  It was a while ago now so I don't know if it's still the case. We would pay for a covid certificate to travel if required.

Avril

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

We had to pay for our proof of vaccination certificates, which we had to  keep with our passports, when we were travelling to the far east. It was our personal decision to travel to those countries, so only right that we should pay for any medical expenses incurred.  It was a while ago now so I don't know if it's still the case. We would pay for a covid certificate to travel if required.

Avril

If the vaccine is safe we would pay for the vaccine and certificate to travel.

• Like 1