Who Will Book For 2022

janny444

Just now, Eddie99 said:

We’re both wrong, actually!  I was on the 2020 but of course I meant 2022

D’oh

So many numbers ...🙄

I'm sure 2022 will be just fine. Enjoy your cruise. We have rebooked both 2020 cruises for 2021 and may end up rebooking again for 2022. It will all be over by Christmas🤒

We are fortunate to have a few cruises booked for next year and early 2022 and will be booking another tomorrow! P&O, RCCL and Carnival. I'm of the opinion that yes the world and travel has changed but we will return to some semblance of cruising and will live with the restrictions imposed in order to do it. :classic_smile:

• Like 5

Nothing currently booked but happy to go as soon as we can. The biggest thing stopping us booking is not knowing what a future cruise will look like. For example on MSC if you want to get off the ship you have to be part of an organised tour. Getting off the ship to explore on our own is one of the reasons we enjoy cruising. 

If that is the only way forward for the foreseeable, I think we would be more likely to go for an All inclusive  RCL or  NCL trip for a week in sun with more entertainment options.

16 hours ago, zap99 said:

I'm sure 2022 will be just fine. Enjoy your cruise. We have rebooked both 2020 cruises for 2021 and may end up rebooking again for 2022. It will all be over by Christmas🤒

But you haven't said which Christmas Zap...🤔😂

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, zap99 said:

No Christmas for some this year. Some of the students are having their Christmas parties now.😁

They are not Christmas Parties Zap - they are Covid Parties, like an older version of Chicken-pox Parties...😧

• Like 1

I'm a yank booked on a bucket list world cruise on the Aurora for January 2022.  My final payment will not be due until September 2021, so I should know by then what the cruising experience will be like.  I do not care to take a cruise where a mask and social distancing are required, but would expect to see some changes:

I would expect to see an enhanced health questionnaire at check-in.

I would expect to be required to show proof of vaccination before boarding - why even let a walking Covid-19 incubator on board?

I would expect to see temperature checks at check-in and once on board temperature checks at food venue entrances, and perhaps production shows. 

We'll see what develops over the next year.

• Like 6

57 minutes ago, Britboys said:

They are not Christmas Parties Zap - they are Covid Parties, like an older version of Chicken-pox Parties...😧

Little boys' mump's parties too. We had  one, on doctor's advice, when my son caught mumps at 4 years old. Can you imagine the reaction to that advice today. 

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
  • Like 2

I’ve only got the one booked for next year in September. I’d booked it just before Covid and used my cancelled cruise from this year to upgrade it to a balcony. I’ll definitely be pouring over the 2022 itineraries when they come out but won’t be booking until I know more what’s happening. Might even move next years to 2022, a lot can happen in the next few months.

1 hour ago, SargassoPirate said:

I'm a yank booked on a bucket list world cruise on the Aurora for January 2022.  My final payment will not be due until September 2021, so I should know by then what the cruising experience will be like.  I do not care to take a cruise where a mask and social distancing are required, but would expect to see some changes:

I would expect to see an enhanced health questionnaire at check-in.

I would expect to be required to show proof of vaccination before boarding - why even let a walking Covid-19 incubator on board?

I would expect to see temperature checks at check-in and once on board temperature checks at food venue entrances, and perhaps production shows. 

We'll see what develops over the next year.

Hopefully those checks will be readily available for all cruise ships and people remember to wash their hands regularly.

Sounds like a fab cruise on a lovely ship so I hope everything goes smoothly.

Graham.

Just now, grapau27 said:

Hopefully the young are realising this virus can affect them not just us older people and take more responsibility.

Graham.

Not if the pictures circulating at the moment are anything to go by Graham.

Avril

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Not if the pictures circulating at the moment are anything to go by Graham.

Avril

That's true Avril but a lot of the young think they are invincible.

Once they see it does affect them they might think differently.

I saw a lot of young people wearing designer masks at the Lakes and Gretna last week.

Graham.

3 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Little boys' mump's parties too. We had  one, on doctor's advice, when my son caught mumps at 4 years old. Can you imagine the reaction to that advice today. 

Avril

One of the benefits of today is that children should be inoculated against Mumps. Mind you, there are some stupid anti-vaxxers out there!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, SargassoPirate said:

I would expect to be required to show proof of vaccination before boarding

You are assuming a vaccine will be available by the end of next year - this is by no means a given.

38 minutes ago, cruisenewbie1976 said:

But highly likely. Even the most pessimistic of scientists are saying early to mid 2021.

But unless you are an essential worker, you will probably be towards the back of the queue,  so it could well be the end of the year at best before ordinary folk get the vaccine. 

1 minute ago, wowzz said:

But unless you are an essential worker, you will probably be towards the back of the queue,  so it could well be the end of the year at best before ordinary folk get the vaccine. 

If you take the anti vaxers off the list, that leaves the essential workers and 6 of us.🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, wowzz said:

Since I am counted amongst the high risk categories by age (just under 70) I am hoping that will help me get a vaccine early on in the US.  So far as proof of vaccination, I can't imagine why ships would allow someone not vaccinated to board after a vaccine is available to all - other than corporate greed to fill a ship.

I guess time will tell, but although my world cruise is a bucket list item it's not a necessity if I don't feel it will be safe.

Stay well.

• Like 2