White House Cruise Meeting ?

Ashland

7 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

That are totally ineffective. We need to get the kids back in the classroom. We need to get passengers back on cruise ships. 

For every person who thinks this way, there is another who doesn't agree with you. Same as with masks and everything else around this pandemic. All I know is that 70% of the parents in my school district chose virtual for the first semester. And we are learning new ways to teach. 

As far as back to cruising, our next cruise is planned for June 2021. Hopefully by then we will back to cruising! 

10 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

How people are willing to jump on the first ship out under these conditions and are planning ahead to be quarantined baffles me.  If I have to be quarantined it will be in comfort of my own home and not lost at sea.

Other than the novelty of it, I'm in no hurry to get back on board.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I usually stay on the Celebrity Board, but posting has been lacking the past few weeks. I brought up this topic because I was very interested to hear what Royal folks were saying about the “White House Cruise Meeting” that was scheduled to take place on Friday. Instead I got into the middle of the pros and cons of Homeschooling and if President Trump is obese. I’ll check back later to see if this gets back on topic. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, mariemorgan said:

Who cares about the media.  I just want to cruise 🙂

LOL!  Agree. I truly couldn't care less if Trump is obese or not. As for this meeting, has it happened yet? If not, I would be hesitant at this time to set foot in the White House. 

Edited by OnTheJourney

5 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

LOL!  Agree. I truly couldn't care less if Trump is obese or not. As for this meeting, has it happened yet? If not, I would be hesitant at this time to set foot in the White House. 

Something tells me a meeting about cruising in January isn’t top priority in the WH at the moment.  Maybe in 10 days

• Like 3

3 hours ago, OnTheJourney said:

The meeting with Pence and other WH administration / CDC and cruiseline executives not yet rescheduled.    I assume the WH has more pressing matters going on then worrying about cruise ships.       How frustrating for the cruise line executives that were in DC then have this happen!    Maybe it's a sign, the US is just not ready to restart (although I am more than ready!)