White House Cruise Meeting ?

Ashland

4 hours ago, firefly333 said:

And Larry kudlow says he sounds good on the phone. He had no symptoms but was tested because someone else tested positive. He was reported asymptomatic.

We wouldnt know unless he gives a live conference and we see him with our own eyes.,  At least I want to see him with my own eyes, not hear rumors. I'm hoping to see him live tbh.

Since last night I heard 2 doctors say they wouldnt recommend that drug remdisavear.. cant spell it, since he has no symptoms and the drug could have side effects. ... we dont know.

As of lunchtime the White House reported that he has mild symptoms. More severe symptoms take up to 10-14 days. Just because he has mild symptoms today doesn’t mean they will stay mild. He is 74, obese, doesn’t eat well and doesn’t exercise. Look what happened to Boris Johnson.

Edited by Enggrl
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, firefly333 said:

He didnt say what the symptoms were. His own doctor who saw him used the word asymptomatic.. we have yet to know details.

As it relates to cruising, the lady he might have gotten it from... everyone in contact with her is told to quarantine. If someone gets it on a cruise I cant help wonder how that would affect the cruise pax. The protocols didnt really cover the whatmif someone is positive quarantine issue. 

I'm a lot more interested in how it will affect cruises rather than idle speculation of symptoms when we dont know. Hopefully facts will be forthcoming. I'm here about cruising and how this affects opening of cruises. 

From how I understand it (might be from the MSC health protocols or the RCL health plan) but if someone on board tests positive they and any of their travel partner(s) will be quarantined in a separate area.    If everyone is wearing the Wow bracelet they will be able to contact trace and then quarantine those people that had close contact to the initial positive person.     I picture the quarantine rooms to be set up near the medical center and all in the same fire zone so they can close the fire doors for that section.       

Now if only everyone that has been in close contact with him for the last 5 or 7 days had on a Wow bracelet.    He had this fundraiser dinner at his country club in Bedminster, NJ last night and they all sat around with No masks, shaking hands, having dinner and cocktails, etc. etc. and some got on airplanes, some went to NYC - times square, etc.     

I am sure Pence has had a busy day getting briefed on everything and I don't think he has any idea when the cruise line meeting will be rescheduled.    It's probably the farthest thing from his mind right now. 

20 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

From how I understand it (might be from the MSC health protocols or the RCL health plan) but if someone on board tests positive they and any of their travel partner(s) will be quarantined in a separate area.    If everyone is wearing the Wow bracelet they will be able to contact trace and then quarantine those people that had close contact to the initial positive person.     I picture the quarantine rooms to be set up near the medical center and all in the same fire zone so they can close the fire doors for that section.       

I think its best we stay on topic of cruising. 

I think I read the wow bracelets werent as advanced as the msc bracelets and it wasnt known if you could trace with them. Idk, I'm tech challenged, just read the wow bracelets werent as technical as those msc has. 

I will still cruise if I can no matter what I have to do. But it would be good to know ahead of time about quarantine procedure. I'm disappointed the planned meeting with pence got cancelled. One more set back to starting cruises again. 

I already have extra masks packed in my suitcase and books in case I'm stuck on my balcony. I'd already planned on social distancing. 

I do think postponing the pence meeting with cruise leaders disappointing as clearly it will be that much longer to get protocols approved.

Edited by firefly333

50 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I think its best we stay on topic of cruising. 

I think I read the wow bracelets werent as advanced as the msc bracelets and it wasnt known if you could trace with them. Idk, I'm tech challenged, just read the wow bracelets werent as technical as those msc has. 

I will still cruise if I can no matter what I have to do. But it would be good to know ahead of time about quarantine procedure. I'm disappointed the planned meeting with pence got cancelled. One more set back to starting cruises again. 

I already have extra masks packed in my suitcase and books in case I'm stuck on my balcony. I'd already planned on social distancing. 

I do think postponing the pence meeting with cruise leaders disappointing as clearly it will be that much longer to get protocols approved.

Yes, you are absolutely right.

I'm not all that familiar with the technology of the wow bracelet vs the ones being used by MSC.   I understand the ones being used by MSC are retaining information for up to 30 days.  So if someone gets off ship and goes home and tests positive they are to call MSC and let them know.  They can look up that passengers bracelet ID and notify anyone they were in contact with.

That's really neat.

Maybe rcl can use that type or similar

Wow you are packed and ready to go!

I will do the same.  Bring extra lounge wear, books and sudoku.  I usually bring a bag of licorice or small candies maybe an extra snack just in case.  I just hope I'm on the sunny side with nice view!

The MSC and RCL devices are different.

The MSC device has a battery and transmits a signal (imagine a 6 digit random number). Everyone has a different number. Antennas on the ship listen to the number beacons and which antenna picked it up and when. The data is stored on a computer that connects to all the antennas.

The RCL device is much thinner, because it does not have a battery, and is no different than the RFID in the seapass. Just a different size/geometery. Since it doesn’t have a battery it needs to be in a magnetic field coil (how a electric toothbrush charges) in order to have power to send a signal. In that way it is the same in that it transmits a number, but only when really close (usually 3 inches or less) to the coil which is also near the antenna.

Long story, but the RCL devices nor the antennas can track where you are on the ship unless you “badge” devices like you do your stateroom door. Same range.

Something they could do is require everyone to have a cell phone, since that has a battery and could work like the MSC device, but given how bad the app has been it’s a more complicated. Plus the support of dozens of device types makes it challenging.

More likely you can expect to have to “checkin” to shows and dinner with your seapass. You already do for oasis class, they would just need to add that to smaller ships and also track dinner.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, rcixfan5 said:

The MSC device has a battery and transmits a signal (imagine a 6 digit random number). Everyone has a different number. Antennas on the ship listen to the number beacons and which antenna picked it up and when. The data is stored on a computer that connects to all the antennas.

The RCL device is much thinner, because it does not have a battery, and is no different than the RFID in the seapass. Just a different size/geometery. Since it doesn’t have a battery it needs to be in a magnetic field coil (how a electric toothbrush charges) in order to have power to send a signal. In that way it is the same in that it transmits a number, but only when really close (usually 3 inches or less) to the coil which is also near the antenna.

Long story, but the RCL devices nor the antennas can track where you are on the ship unless you “badge” devices like you do your stateroom door. Same range.

Something they could do is require everyone to have a cell phone, since that has a battery and could work like the MSC device, but given how bad the app has been it’s a more complicated. Plus the support of dozens of device types makes it challenging.

More likely you can expect to have to “checkin” to shows and dinner with your seapass. You already do for oasis class, they would just need to add that to smaller ships and also track 

This is great information.  Thank you for explaining.  In your opinion would rcl be able to implement this type of system on their ships at a reasonable cost?

You don’t need to purchase the Wow band if you don’t want it.

I get the Celebrity’s Newsletter, so I decided to also download Celebrity’s app.  I found out that they have updated their Apps 3 months ago.   Go to your settings on your phone (Apple the spoke wheel).

If you ENABLE DIGITAL KEY within the Royal App, (down at the bottom).  This will allow you to use your phone to unlock your stateroom door.

Edited by Plum Happy

8 minutes ago, Plum Happy said:

You don’t need to purchase the Wow band if you don’t want it.

I get the Celebrity’s Newsletter, so I decided to also download Celebrity’s app.  I found out that they have updated their Apps 3 months ago.   Go to your settings on your phone (Apple the spoke wheel).

If you ENABLE DIGITAL KEY within the Royal App, (down at the bottom).  This will allow you to use your phone to unlock your stateroom door.

We are talking about the bracelets that msc is using for contact tracing and whether the wow bracelet can be used for that.  Learned it cannot so hopefully rcl will implement a system similar to msc.

2 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We are talking about the bracelets that msc is using for contact tracing and whether the wow bracelet can be used for that.  Learned it cannot so hopefully rcl will implement a system similar to msc.

And I was referring to the wow band.

17 minutes ago, Plum Happy said:

That has been available since last year but is limited to just the few ships which have the compatible lock on the cabin door.

57 minutes ago, rcixfan5 said:

More likely you can expect to have to “checkin” to shows and dinner with your seapass. You already do for oasis class, they would just need to add that to smaller ships and also track dinner.

Supposedly your smart phone app can read bar codes somehow too. Order dinner in Mdr, scan it when you are in a bar, or to show you have unlimited drink pkg. It's supposed to know.

Welcome to new tech. Ugggh. Hopefully there will be someone there to explain how to make the app read the bar codes and where to go on the app. 

They probably could put something in the app to locate you like msc bracelets?

Covid will inspire new tech.

I am sorry the wh meeting postponed. But I get it more important things right now. I just want them to approve cruising protocols and get on with it.

Edited by firefly333

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

If everyone is wearing the Wow bracelet they will be able to contact trace and then quarantine those people that had close contact to the initial positive person.     I picture the quarantine rooms to be set up near the medical center and all in the same fire zone so they can close the fire doors for that section.       

This is one of the reasons we won't be cruising for quite some time.  Can you imagine being locked up in prison on the ship because you happen to have spent a few minutes near someone who tested positive?  Who knows if it will come to this, but wow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, bouhunter said:

This is one of the reasons we won't be cruising for quite some time.  Can you imagine being locked up in prison on the ship because you happen to have spent a few minutes near someone who tested positive?  Who knows if it will come to this, but wow.

How people are willing to jump on the first ship out under these conditions and are planning ahead to be quarantined baffles me.  If I have to be quarantined it will be in comfort of my own home and not lost at sea.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Iamcruzin said:

How people are willing to jump on the first ship out under these conditions and are planning ahead to be quarantined baffles me.  If I have to be quarantined it will be in comfort of my own home and not lost at sea.

I'm betting most of those on the first out cruises didnt plan on being first out. Carnival doesnt have cwc and I keep seeing new threads about how the new protocols arent the cruise they booked but carnival doesnt have flexible options so they are stuck. Most booked early saver with a non refundable deposit, now all the sudden are like whoa!! 

Just read on ask a cruise question someone on princess, the flexible option wasnt extended past the end of sept. They assumed they would wait for new itinerarys and could book out into 2022. Now they are stuck. 

We will see how many jump ship on rcl when it restarts.

Idk if true, but another board said looks like the meeting that was supposed to be today with pence and cruise leaders is postponed until after the election. If true then the rcl November cruises might not be a go. Who knows. Idk if they are right or not. 

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

I'm betting most of those on the first out cruises didnt plan on being first out. Carnival doesnt have cwc and I keep seeing new threads about how the new protocols arent the cruise they booked but carnival doesnt have flexible options so they are stuck. Most booked early saver with a non refundable deposit, now all the sudden are like whoa!! 

CCL was very aggressive and proactive pausing and canceling cruises. Perhaps they were holding out for another group of cancellations so they could get a refund. It still may happen.  Why they are so surprised about the new protocols is beyond me. They must have had their head buried in the sand for the past 6 months. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

The whole fleet is supposed to have the app by the end of the year.

Yes, but to reiterate the point you made before, use the app to open your stateroom door will only work on ships that have RFID locks on the doors.  If you have to put your card in the slot, the app can't open it.

• Like 1