A little fed up with the refunds

I think the title sums it up perfect. I am still waiting for the balance of one of my april cruises. We are nearing 6 months. Oh royal realizes i have a balance due and i should get it in a few weeks. SMH

God only knows when I am gonna get my refund for my second cruise in April. I originally opted for a fcc. But after waiting months for that to be applied to a march 2021 cruise. I gave up. And asked my ta to change it to a refund. I was afraid the fcc wasnt gonna get applied til after final payment date. 

So with that happening with a sad heart i cancelled my march 2021 cruise. Now this cruise was booked onboard. So i had a reduced deposit $200. But when i cancelled they wouldn't give me a $200 fcc. They kept $900, and gave me a $900 fcc. Because that's what the deposit would have been. Royals creative math. But i only paid $200 !!

Well haha on royal. Cause i have a paid off oct 2021 cruise. So i have TA apply the $900 fcc to this cruise, and royal now has to refund me cash now. 

Why does it have to be a game, and 100 different small refunds. To try and confuse??

I'm not booking anything til we all start sailing. And I get all my money back. I don't mind paying more if it will avoid this fiasco. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, suesnake2002 said:

Well haha on royal. Cause i have a paid off oct 2021 cruise. So i have TA apply the $900 fcc to this cruise, and royal now has to refund me cash now. 

You cannot apply a FCC to a cruise that has been paid off.  Sorry but you are still going to have that $900 FCC

Edited by Ourusualbeach

5 minutes ago, suesnake2002 said:

This cruise us a year away???  

Doesn’t matter when it is.  If you apply a FCC to a cruise Royal will only allow FCC to be applied to the unpaid portion of the cruise fare.  They will not refund money that has been paid.

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

Thats why im not going to book anything . 

Dont want to wait forever to get my money back.

When things get back to normal, i will consider it. 

2022 seems like a good year to start looking at  cruising again for me.

• Like 1

Have you called them? I thought I had all my refunds but it turns out I didn't and my TA was the one that noticed. It took almost 2 hours to reconcile the account with RCI and my credit card charges. In the end, they owed me another ~$700 that neither of us knew about. 

We applied an FCC from a cruise cancelled in March to a fully paid Harmony sailing in October which generated a refund back to my credit card.  So it may not be standard procedure but it apparently happens.  The refund was $55.50 less than the FCC though.  We lift and shifted the cancelled Harmony to Symphony for 2021 and I fully expected to receive the FCC back but instead it was credited to my card as a refund.  They said the missing $55.50 went towards an increase in taxes but on the same phone call they stated there was no increase in taxes so who the heck knows what happened. I have requested the $55 back in some form or another either FCC or refund but haven't received either yet.  Good luck!!

36 minutes ago, Tljcruiser said:

We applied an FCC from a cruise cancelled in March to a fully paid Harmony sailing in October which generated a refund back to my credit card.  So it may not be standard procedure but it apparently happens.  The refund was $55.50 less than the FCC though.  We lift and shifted the cancelled Harmony to Symphony for 2021 and I fully expected to receive the FCC back but instead it was credited to my card as a refund.  They said the missing $55.50 went towards an increase in taxes but on the same phone call they stated there was no increase in taxes so who the heck knows what happened. I have requested the $55 back in some form or another either FCC or refund but haven't received either yet.  Good luck!!

They allowed that in a March and into April then they changed the policy and no longer allow it. 

Still waiting for my refund. The reason the credit card I used expired since I made final payment. My TA told me I have to wait for my bank to adjust it and unfortunately they won't let here give them the new expiration date.☹️

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

They allowed that in a March and into April then they changed the policy and no longer allow it. 

I think we just lucked up then.  It was on final payment for an October cruise so in July.  The rep at Royal seemed a little surprised too when I called to see why I hadn't received the FCC back that it had been processed that way.  I have had so many refunds and it didn't match up to the amount of the future cruise credit so I just assumed the refund on my card was from another cruise.  I called them to see why I never got the FCC back, turns out I did but in cash refund only $55 short.  I have a feeling I will never see that $55 again.  It is a full time job to try to keep it all straight.  The price on the Symphony dropped to lower than what we paid for the Harmony after we switched and they keep saying I will get the difference back in some manner but haven't seen that either 😞 

I guess I was lucky. RCL cancelled our Jewel cruise for next summer, seems like the cancellation was just last week??? Can't remember exactly, because we all saw the leaked press release way before they actually made the announcement. Good news is, we just got our refund today. And just in case you think it is because RCL cancelled... we also went from 3 rooms to 2 rooms on the same cruise right before the leaked press release. Just my luck, right? But our refunds and FCC for that room cancelled by me came already as well. And that was only a few weeks ago.

On 10/2/2020 at 3:13 PM, suesnake2002 said:

This cruise us a year away???  

Just curious but why would you pay off a cruise that is a year away? We wait till the last week or so. I don't want Royal having my money any sooner that necessary. Also, no telling what can happen between now and then even without covid.

On 10/2/2020 at 1:11 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

You cannot apply a FCC to a cruise that has been paid off.  Sorry but you are still going to have that $900 FCC

On 10/2/2020 at 1:16 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

Doesn’t matter when it is.  If you apply a FCC to a cruise Royal will only allow FCC to be applied to the unpaid portion of the cruise fare.  They will not refund money that has been paid.

Is this a new rule?

In the past I have done exactly this several times long before the curse. A nice large refund was processed to my credit card weeks before sailing in 2019.

If this is a new policy it's all the more reason to run from FCC and take the refund whenever possible.

More related to the thread my most recent cruise planner refunds and refundable cruise deposit refunds have been processed in under a month, some even occurring in weeks.  Sept. 21 to Oct. 10 has been the slowest recent refund processed granted a I had a couple of very slow refunds in the spring/summer.  Nonetheless I am whole with Royal Carnival now.

28 minutes ago, twangster said:

Is this a new rule?

In the past I have done exactly this several times long before the curse. A nice large refund was processed to my credit card weeks before sailing in 2019.

If this is a new policy it's all the more reason to run from FCC and take the refund whenever possible.

More related to the thread my most recent cruise planner refunds and refundable cruise deposit refunds have been processed in under a month, some even occurring in weeks.  Sept. 21 to Oct. 10 has been the slowest recent refund processed granted a I had a couple of very slow refunds in the spring/summer.  Nonetheless I am whole with Royal Carnival now.

They implemented this starting in April.

they also allow the FCC to be used for  the deposit so if you are making a new reservation the only thing you would need to pay in casH at final will be port fees and taxes

Edited by Ourusualbeach

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

They implemented this starting in April.

they also allow the FCC to be applied to the deposit so if you are making a new reservation the only thing you would need to pay in casH at final will be port fees and taxes

Didn't know.  Thanks for the update.  For me it's a thing because I have so many FCC in flight.  This definitely changes my approach.  No more FCC.

2 minutes ago, twangster said:

Didn't know.  Thanks for the update.  For me it's a thing because I have so many FCC in flight.  This definitely changes my approach.  No more FCC.

It definitely makes planning the FCC’s against future cruises critical to make sure that you have enough room to get them all used up. 

• Like 2