OFFICIAL: All November cruises + AU/Asia until May 2021 cancelled

mikkelhansen

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Phase8_RCL_Suspension_Cruising.pdf

YES, this is an official document, available by editing the URL on Celebrity's travel agent-oriented website. You can find it here: http://www.thecelebritycommitment.com/Voluntary_Suspension_of_Cruising.html - click the "SUSPENDED SAILINGS" button, and change the "7" in the URL to "8", and there you go.

It confirms what has been discussed the last couple of weeks on the forum:

ALL November 2020 cruises are cancelled, and ALL Australia/Asia cruises are cancelled completely until May 1, 2021.

This also includes any repo/trans-oceanic cruises that were still scheduled for November 2020, as well as the AU/Asia repo/TP cruises planned for April 2021.

The cancelled cruises are still for sale on Celebrity's website and with TAs; any cruise as early as the November 2 ABC Islands sailing on Reflection. I expect the cancelled cruises to be removed from sales channels today or during the night tomorrow.

Edited by mikkelhansen

i was wondering if cancellations were coming this lunchtime - couldn't find our sailing anywhere on the website when i was searching but haven't received any notification of its cancellation either though - glad its finally happened as it means we can get cash refunds rather than FCC

Glad to finally receive this information.

We have (had) 3 cruises booked in November on Reflection (Nov 2, Nov 13 & Nov 23) which are now CANCELLED.

Part of these cancelled cruises were paid for with FCC from previously cancelled cruises.

Now I have to figure out how much cash and FCC to expect from these cancelled cruises to apply to our 3 February cruises on Equinox.

I miss cruising.

Bob (and Terry)

• Like 1

to be fair to the OP - it was available because i could see the complete list of affected sailings when he first posted it - and all the Asia ones were on there as suspended - even the other document he has linked to has changed from what it was

Edited by jojo1966
  • Like 1

Just now, jojo1966 said:

to be fair to the OP - it was available because i could see the complete list of affected sailings when he first posted it - and all the Asia ones were on there as suspended

I believe you...our final payment was due in 10 days..relief 

The document does indeed appear to have been removed. Sadly I didn't save a copy on my computer, but in essence the document contained the info I have written above; all November cruises cancelled, and all AU/Asia cruises cancelled, up to and including April 2021.

If the document becomes available again, I will write the new link. If anyone else managed to save the document, or has it available in their browser cache, feel free to share the document here in this thread.

Edited by mikkelhansen
  • Like 2

Perhaps now that my March 2021 New Zealand to Australia cruise has been officially cancelled they will be more open to allowing me to lift and shift to a similar (one day longer) itinerary in 2022?

1 minute ago, RickT said:

Perhaps now that my March 2021 New Zealand to Australia cruise has been officially cancelled they will be more open to allowing me to lift and shift to a similar (one day longer) itinerary in 2022?

yes - im hoping they will now let me L & S my Japan cruise to one that's a day shorter rather than giving me my cash back

6 minutes ago, mikkelhansen said:

The document does indeed appear to have been removed. Sadly I didn't save a copy on my computer, but in essence the document contained the info I have written above; all November cruises cancelled, and all AU/Asia cruises cancelled, up to and including April 2021.

If the document becomes available again, I will write the new link. If anyone else managed to save the document, or has it available in their browser cache, feel free to share the document here in this thread.

Unfortunately I also did not save or print the entire list.

However I did print a partial list pages 4 to 6.

Celebrity Cancelled Cruises Phase 8 (partial list pages 4 to 6) 10-06-2020.pdf

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Ravbo said:

Glad to finally receive this information.

We have (had) 3 cruises booked in November on Reflection (Nov 2, Nov 13 & Nov 23) which are now CANCELLED.

Part of these cancelled cruises were paid for with FCC from previously cancelled cruises.

Now I have to figure out how much cash and FCC to expect from these cancelled cruises to apply to our 3 February cruises on Equinox.

I miss cruising.

Bob (and Terry)

If that is the Mardi Gras sailing you are referring to, we are on board that sailing and  I'm even more certain after today  that its not going to go ahead.

We have the balance of First Class flights from Heathrow to Miami due at the end of this month with final balance for the cruise due 3 weeks later. No way am I shelling out another  wedge of money with nothing to show for it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bigbenboys said:

I was just looking on Celebrity's website yesterday at the Asian cruises. Most categories full less some suites. The last info I've seen was that FCC must be used by April 2022. Has Celebrity extended that date?

The itineraries 2022-2023 have not been released, it is not known if they will extend the program