Bahamas cruises for FL residents only?

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

LOL  Yes, I know Victoria is in Canada.  The point is, if they won't allow passengers or crew off the ship, if at least the ship could make a technical stop, Alaska sailings could happen.

It sounds like they can't do that:

Just now, reallyitsmema said:

I know a ship did this in recent years, Anthem if I remember correctly, in Halifax.  They went in around midnight for an hour or so on a cruise that was rerouted north because of a storm off the coast.

I don't doubt that it can (and does) happen for an abnormal one-time event like a storm, but I would doubt that it could be done on a regular basis, as part of a scheduled cruise.  At least that's my understanding from what @chengkp75 said.

• Like 2

Just now, time4u2go said:

I don't doubt that it can (and does) happen for an abnormal one-time event like a storm, but I would doubt that it could be done on a regular basis, as part of a scheduled cruise.  At least that's my understanding from what @chengkp75 said.

Right, storm definitely can cause exceptions.  It is all speculation at this point and none of us will know until these ships start moving.

• Like 1

On 10/11/2020 at 12:15 PM, time4u2go said:

Correct.

Also....

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2761865-november-1st-for-real/page/6/?tab=comments#comment-60435794

and

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2761865-november-1st-for-real/page/6/?tab=comments#comment-60436148