Bahamas cruises for FL residents only?

10 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Screen Shot 2020-09-25 at 11.04.02 AM.png

There are two measures used to assess the proportion of infected individuals with fatal outcomes. The first is infection fatality ratio (IFR), which estimates this proportion of deaths among all infected individuals. The second is case fatality ratio (CFR), which estimates this proportion of deaths among identified confirmed cases. 

In additional updated statistics on the university's Coronavirus Resource Center website's Critical Trends section, researchers also noted the country’s observed case-fatality rate ranked 11th worldwide among the 20 countries currently most affected, with Mexico accounting for the highest rate at 10.5%.

By comparison, the U.S. has a 2.9% rate, falling behind other countries including France, Spain, Romania, Colombia and Brazil.

https://www.foxnews.com/health/us-coronavirus-case-fatality-ratio-johns-hopkins

Edited by flyguyjake

33 minutes ago, flyguyjake said:

The USA is the most infected country on the globe. I'm certain every country is more afraid of us.

Unfortunately true.

We love Florida and should have been there now but that decision was taken from us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crazy planning mom said:

The Quantum is scheduled to resume sailing in December in Singapore only for Singaporeans.

Could Royal restart Bahamas cruises in December but limit sailings initially to residents of Florida?

No.

12 minutes ago, flyguyjake said:

There are two measures used to assess the proportion of infected individuals with fatal outcomes. The first is infection fatality ratio (IFR), which estimates this proportion of deaths among all infected individuals. The second is case fatality ratio (CFR), which estimates this proportion of deaths among identified confirmed cases. 

In additional updated statistics on the university's Coronavirus Resource Center website's Critical Trends section, researchers also noted the country’s observed case-fatality rate ranked 11th worldwide among the 20 countries currently most affected, with Mexico accounting for the highest rate at 10.5%.

By comparison, the U.S. has a 2.9% rate, falling behind other countries including France, Spain, Romania, Colombia and Brazil.

https://www.foxnews.com/health/us-coronavirus-case-fatality-ratio-johns-hopkins

While all true it doesn't change the IFR does it?

As a Georgia resident, I think it would be silly to restrict cruises out of Florida ports only to Florida residents. For example, how do you rationalize prohibiting someone who lives in St. Marys, GA from taking a cruise from the port of Jacksonville, FL, literally 30 minutes down the street? 

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

You are twice as likely to die of Covid in Canada as you are in the US

9586 deaths in Canada / 37,590,000 population = 0.025%

213,000+ deaths in USA / 328,200,000 population = 0.065%

You're almost 2 1/2 times likely to die of Covid19 in the USA than you are in Canada

• Like 2

I live in FL so it would work for me but I don't think they can enforce it. Maybe due to the possibility of quarantine they should only allow passengers that can drive to the port. Everyone could just get in their cars when the cruise is over and quarantine at home.

10 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

And with that there is quite the controversy stirring about the distinction between people dying of Covid and people dying with Covid. 

Yes.  I don't know about Canada but in the US I understand that hospitals get a significant amount of money for each patient that dies of Covid.  Hence, whenever anyone who dies who has tested positive for Covid the cause of death is listed as Covid, even if they have stage 4 cancer or any other terminal illness or condition.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Unfortunately true.

We love Florida and should have been there now but that decision was taken from us.

Graham so sorry your holiday didn't happen.  We had an amazing Med cruise in September planned which obviously didn't happen so I understand your frustration.  We're heading down to Florida in a week for a much needed beach vacation.  I'll have a drink for you!

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

And with that there is quite the controversy stirring about the distinction between people dying of Covid and people dying with Covid. 

Besides that you need to take into account the amount of testing that has been done.  Countries that have done a lot more testing and picking up all those mild and asymptomatic cases are obviously going to have a lower death rate than a country that hasn't done as much testing.  Statistics....very misleading.  Look at the cases and/or deaths per million population to see how effective the country has been in controlling the spread.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, voyager70 said:

Graham so sorry your holiday didn't happen.  We had an amazing Med cruise in September planned which obviously didn't happen so I understand your frustration.  We're heading down to Florida in a week for a much needed beach vacation.  I'll have a drink for you!

Thanks and sorry your Mediterranean cruise never happened.

I hope you have a fantastic beach vacation in Florida.🍺🥃🍷 Graham.

• Thanks 1

I would be mad if I lived in another state and the government wouldn’t allow me to travel to Florida. If they want to declare US residents only I’m fine with that. It would also add to domestic flights which is a plus, not that it would be that many. I have no interest in cruising soon, but it would be nice to have cruises starting up. Maybe a ship could cruise from Canada only for their citizens.

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

I would be mad if I lived in another state and the government wouldn’t allow me to travel to Florida. If they want to declare US residents only I’m fine with that. It would also add to domestic flights which is a plus, not that it would be that many. I have no interest in cruising soon, but it would be nice to have cruises starting up. Maybe a ship could cruise from Canada only for their citizens.

That's ok, won't be much demand for it up here.