Question for 5 star Mariners

mysticsailor

We will achieve 5 Stars with our  next cruise October 2021 and curious about comped Pinnacle dinners. Often we have noticed that many of our four week or more cruises were available separately as two week(+) sailings.  Will we receive two Pinnacle dinners for each cruise segment or just two for the entire cruise? 

I wonder if I am losing weight not being able to feed my travel bug this year? Just trying to look on the bright side!

Thanks for sharing your knowledge--Chas.

• Haha 1

Exactly as Bruce and Kirk have said.

For example: If you book your cruise as a Collectors (one booking number) then you are entitled to the 2 dinners.  If you are booked as a B2B (2 booking numbers) then you will be entitled to 2 dinners on each segment.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, kazu said:

Exactly as Bruce and Kirk have said.

For example: If you book your cruise as a Collectors (one booking number) then you are entitled to the 2 dinners.  If you are booked as a B2B (2 booking numbers) then you will be entitled to 2 dinners on each segment.

The same goes for the Carnival stockholders benefit, one per booking

• Like 4

6 hours ago, USN59-79 said:

One other thing:  It is my understanding that if you finally have enough days for 5-star status on a cruise, you may receive the medallion on that cruise, but not the benefits until your next cruise.

I think you mean the 5* pin?  The medallions are for the numbers of day cruising only.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kazu said:

I think you mean the 5* pin?  The medallions are for the numbers of day cruising only.

We received our 5 Star pins no long after our Dec, 2019 cruise by mail.  Have not cruised yet as a 5 Star, with 4 cruises cancelled.

17 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

We received our 5 Star pins no long after our Dec, 2019 cruise by mail.  Have not cruised yet as a 5 Star, with 4 cruises cancelled.

DH got his on board (I was already 5*) the Prinsendam.  I think it depends on the ship and also if they have the pins on hand.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, kazu said:

DH got his on board (I was already 5*) the Prinsendam.  I think it depends on the ship and also if they have the pins on hand.

One of the reasons we took the Dec 2019 cruise was to make 5 Star in 2019, as we figured that you never know the future of these programs and wanted to lock in our status just in case HAL decided to change the requirements.  Little did we know that the virus would disrupt our 2020 plans to cruise as 5 Stars!  Maybe one day........

• Like 2

5 hours ago, kazu said:

You are right.  I understand you get the pin when the cruising days plus the days you are given for what you spent and if you booked a suite add up to 5* status and you get the medallion when they only count the cruising days.  But my point is this:  Say you need six more days to become a 5* and you are on a ten day cruise.  You will not get the additional benefits until you take your next cruise.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, USN59-79 said:

One other thing:  It is my understanding that if you finally have enough days for 5-star status on a cruise, you may receive the medallion on that cruise, but not the benefits until your next cruise.

In the past you would get moved up to the next star level  during a cruise only Grand Voyages.  Otherwise it would not happen until your next cruise.  But now, in the COVID world nobody  can say for sure what will happen when operations resume.

Hank

On 10/10/2020 at 10:30 AM, FRANKIEDNYC said:

The same goes for the Carnival stockholders benefit, one per booking

kazu is correct

We received our Platinum Medallions predicated on actual days on board  without any thing  extra for sailing in Neptune suites or for 'spending'.

On 10/10/2020 at 9:08 AM, CruiserBruce said:

I am sure this will depend on if you book it as a single cruise, with one booking number, or multiple cruises booked with different booking numbers.

Yes, this is exactly what I was told at the front desk,

Actually, I received my 4 star benefits when I was still two/three days shy after calling the Mariner Society and inquiring about this issue when booked on a cruise with two segments (only one booking number though. I wasn't expecting them on the first segment but had heard somewhere that if you called the MS, they could set it up so that the benefits were in effect on the second. Much to my surprise, they said their policy allowed me to get them on both given that I was so close. I don't remember the exact number of days short you could be but I think it was three. Worth calling and asking for sure. But comped dinners are no doubt a different matter.

1 hour ago, Longstraw said:

Actually, I received my 4 star benefits when I was still two/three days shy after calling the Mariner Society and inquiring about this issue when booked on a cruise with two segments (only one booking number though. I wasn't expecting them on the first segment but had heard somewhere that if you called the MS, they could set it up so that the benefits were in effect on the second. Much to my surprise, they said their policy allowed me to get them on both given that I was so close. I don't remember the exact number of days short you could be but I think it was three. Worth calling and asking for sure. But comped dinners are no doubt a different matter.

It has been mentioned many times here that it can be arranged IF you only need a couple of actual SAILING days. Not if you need spending or double days for suite booking to achieve  the next level.

On 10/11/2020 at 1:22 PM, USN59-79 said:

You will not get the additional benefits until you take your next cruise.

On 10/11/2020 at 2:47 PM, kazu said:

Absolutely.  

Not totally accurate.... I reached 4* status while on the last GWV and was able to get a new key card reflecting the 4*'s and for the remainder of the cruise I received the 4* benefits.... free laundry, reduced exploration cafe prices, etc.

11 minutes ago, Lido - Lanai said:

Not totally accurate.... I reached 4* status while on the last GWV and was able to get a new key card reflecting the 4*'s and for the remainder of the cruise I received the 4* benefits.... free laundry, reduced exploration cafe prices, etc.

Grand World Voyages are listed on the website as being a special case and receive new benefits immediately

• Like 2