1A Ultra Spacious Oceanview vs Junior Suite

megdel313

Hi,

I’m looking at booking a cruise on the Harmony of the Seas with my husband and daughter (2 yo). I’m looking at booking a 1A cabin (7330) or a Junior Suite. The price is almost the same for both rooms (around $50 different). I’m not sure which room would be better? The bunk beds in 7330 aren’t a big deal to us, the pullout couch would be fine too if necessary. Are one of the rooms bigger than the other? It seemed like the 1A might be slightly larger?

Thanks for any advice!

We always stay in the 1ks and we have stayed in one big JS on adventure, and we are staying in a family JS on Anthem next year (hopefully!).  My friend has stayed in the 1ks before and they are awesome but we all have three kids so space is needed.  If it is just you, your hubby and toddler I think I would go for the JS for the $50 price difference. You get double C&A points and a bathtub!

Also the 1K may be noisy for a 2 year old next to the Rock Climbing wall if he/she wants to take a nap or go to bed early.

Edited by GalwayGirl03
more info

JS is bigger than 1A and the bathroom is much bigger with a tub in JS and walk in closet. You get perks with the JS and it’s mid ship. If you’re in the room with your 2 yr old they would have plenty of room to move around. I would think if you chose 1A you would have a problem with it being noisy because it’s next to the rock climbing wall and deck. That would mean a lot of foot traffic. I would choose JS, my mom stayed in one when we were on Symphony of the Seas last year. I had a extended balcony room we were both on deck 7. I booked a JS for my March 2022 sailing it’s the only room I would want from now on when I’m on Royal Caribbean ships.

18 minutes ago, jptoz said:

Can you eat at Coastal  Kitchen in a Jr suite on Oasis class ships. Thought that benefit  was only good on Quantum class ships.

Prior to Covid yes.  With social distancing once cruising  resumes I would not be surprised to see that perk eliminated to make sure that there is enough room for the full suites. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

On 10/11/2020 at 7:07 PM, jptoz said:

Can you eat at Coastal  Kitchen in a Jr suite on Oasis class ships. Thought that benefit  was only good on Quantum class ships.

The "Royal Suite" program is the same on Oasis & Quantum class.

• Thanks 1

Especially if your daughter can sleep in a Pack-n-Play, the walk-in closet on the JS could be a sleep-room for her (they really are that large!) which would allow you to be able to watch tv, read, etc., in the room while she's napping or sleeping at night.  

If she were older and had a sibling and would be more interested in the bunk beds, that might sway things in the other direction, but I vote for JS all the way in your circumstance.

Junior suite.  Many others have mentioned some of the perks, but there is also a bathtub in the suite for the little one.  As a family of 4 we have stayed in the ultraspacious room before and really enjoyed it.  But, with the pricing and square footage being the same, I recently booked the junior suite for all the above listed reasons.  Plus, it gives you a balcony to get some fresh air if you want.  The door is too heavy for the little one to open on their own plus you would be in the room anyway.  If we find future cruisings with these two listed in the same price range we will always go with the junior suite.