Will B2Bs be allowed?

Quick thought about B2B cruises in 2021 (JMHO): considering that ships will sail at reduced capacity, and historically the number of passengers who do B2B cruises is less than 100/cruise, would it not make sense to do the turn-around process completely on board the ship without requiring B2B passengers to debark and have to go through all of the shoreside hoops. After all, if you don't leave the ship on turn-around day, you don't leave the ship's "bubble", and at reduced capacity, the number of B2B passengers should also be reduced significantly. 

Edited by orville99

3 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Quick thought about B2B cruises in 2021 (JMHO): considering that ships will sail at reduced capacity, and historically the number of passengers who do B2B cruises is less than 100/cruise, would it not make sense to do the turn-around process completely on board the ship without requiring B2B passengers to debark and have to go through all of the shoreside hoops. After all, if you don't leave the ship on turn-around day, you don't leave the ship's "bubble", and at reduced capacity, the number of B2B passengers should also be reduced significantly. 

Actually on 2 of our b2b we didn't have to leave the ship.  It's up to immigration people.  

Looking back on our sail history, it appears that the majority of our sailings on all lines were B2B’s. We love TA’s with cruises on one or both ends.

The process of traveling to/from the ship is the most difficult part of the trip for us. It’s greatly eased by leaving from, or returning to FL, our home state, eliminating one or both of the flights.

If B2B’s were somehow not allowed, we probably would stop cruising.

Edited by docruth
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, njkruzer said:

Actually on 2 of our b2b we didn't have to leave the ship.  It's up to immigration people.  

Our experience has been mixed. Sometimes they do it on the ship, and sometimes we’ve gotten off (we always sail out of the same port). It would seem that if they have the flexibility to do it either way, keeping B2Brs onboard would be better from a health standpoint.

Edited by orville99

17 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Our experience has been mixed. Sometimes they do it on the ship, and sometimes we’ve gotten off (we always sail out of the same port). It would seem that if they have the flexibility to do it either way, keeping B2Brs onboard would be better from a health standpoint.

Agree.  Did one out of SJU and one out of Bayonne.   One out of Australia which was different from these. There everyone is required to leave for at least 2 hrs.  

On 11/6/2020 at 2:59 PM, Milwaukee Eight said:

Sounds like the US maybe in total lockdown end of January. 

Not texas. Though we are still wearing masks and all that. Seems like it's mostly ny and calif who love lock downs. Idk. 

I cant see texas going back to total lock down. Last I heard bars were still shut down but I could get a hair cut. Had trouble last spring getting a cpa as seems they are non essential. The rules never made sense to me. 

Just now, firefly333 said:

Not texas. Though we are still wearing masks and all that. Seems like it's mostly ny and calif who love lock downs. Idk. 

I cant see texas going back to total lock down. Last I heard bars were still shut down but I could get a hair cut. Had trouble last spring getting a cpa as seems they are non essential. The rules never made sense to me. 

In Tennessee. setting new highs!  In Nashville masks required.   Can't get all the kids back to school.  Rural areas really being hit hard.  Limits here on bars and restaurants.   We need to solve this soon.

2 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

In Tennessee. setting new highs!  In Nashville masks required.   Can't get all the kids back to school.  Rural areas really being hit hard.  Limits here on bars and restaurants.   We need to solve this soon.

I still have my fingers crossed for a vaccine and seniors can get it early on.

I pushed out both my b2bs to 2022  now. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I still have my fingers crossed for a vaccine and seniors can get it early on.

I pushed out both my b2bs to 2022  now. 

Right now should be on Anthem in the Atlantic heading to Bermuda and then to Bayonne.  January cruise did a L&S to 2022.  Next up is Rhapsody TA in April.   Not holding my breath. 

I would not make any of such plans, firstly we are still quite a bit away before sailings will begin and at least at the begining things will be very different from before. Hence, at some stage some clearer guidelines will need to come from RCL also on the question of B2B if it's possible and what for restrictions apply etc., but I would not commit to anything yet as you can only get disapointed.

On 11/6/2020 at 3:59 PM, Milwaukee Eight said:

Sounds like the US maybe in total lockdown end of January. 

16 hours ago, Blizzard54 said:

No it will not.

Blizzard - no the US probably won't be in a "total lockdown" next year, but anything is possible and you can't know it won't.