Bahamas new criteria for opening up to visitors

3 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

It's because as of today, come January 21st, the U.S. will be in a nationwide shutdown/shelter-in-your-basement, which is what the pure science and new COVID task force calls for. That will kill the cruise industry and what's left of the struggling U.S. economy. So, I would expect the cruiselines to slow roll restart based on the aforementioned election and the ramifications of its outcome. 

Untrue. You may wish to consult sites authored by real scientists for guidance, https://www.who.int/https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, broberts said:

Untrue. You may wish to consult sites authored by real scientists for guidance, https://www.who.int/https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html.

Don't even waste your time replying to an ignorant post like that.  There is no reason to shut down the country. New York has recovered for the most part. Yes cases will go up but we are still following protocol unlike those states that never had a protocol. The states will still govern covid independently as they see fit. As far as cruising the new administration doesn't even need to touch it. The CDC has created such a tall task for the cruise lines to follow that it will take months before they can even get a handle on it.  Given the logistics of it all I still don't know how some people think they will be on a cruise by January. The itinerary changes alone will slow them down.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

Don't even waste your time replying to an ignorant post like that.  There is no reason to shut down the country. New York has recovered for the most part. Yes cases will go up but we are still following protocol unlike those states that never had a protocol. The states will still govern covid independently as they see fit. As far as cruising the new administration doesn't even need to touch it. The CDC has created such a tall task for the cruise lines to follow that it will take months before they can even get a handle on it.  Given the logistics of it all I still don't know how some people think they will be on a cruise by January. The itinerary changes alone will slow them down.

You had quite a few people on this Forum that thought they would be on a cruise way earlier and no later than Thanksgiving but refusing to even accept wearing mask and having a different cruise experience than before COVID 🤔

Let's see how things are going, but test cruises will start the earliest in December more likely towards the end or even begining of next year. With COVID numbers spiking up, partially due to the colder weather in some states where people are more inside or in other states where no proper protocolls were ever implemented or respected by the majority of the population Q1 2021 seems already also very unrealsitic unless for instance things in Florida will get much better and RCL will start with first cruises to no where or the 3-4 night cruises with restirctions such as only FL citizens etc, but doubt before Feb or March this will be realistic at this stage. RCL will first focus on how the restart in Singaopre will go and will continue to develop it's protocols from what is learnt there and then later on being tested with the trial cruises out of FL with employees. Hence it will take a while before we will see the first cruises to in North America to commence.

• Like 1

Here's a novel idea.  Why not just wait to see what the actual guidelines are when YOIR cruise occurs instead of speculation?  I never realized we had so many people who work for the CDC and the cruise industry post on cruise critic.

Edited by jean87510

1 hour ago, jean87510 said:

Here's a novel idea.  Why not just wait to see what the actual guidelines are when YOIR cruise occurs instead of speculation?  I never realized we had so many people who work for the CDC and the cruise industry post on cruise critic.

What "fun" would that be😂😂😂! CC is everything built into one drama, suspense, comedy. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

Lol, true!!  I laugh when people actually BELIEVE the posts.   

Chenkp75 has the most factual info, IMO. Hard to refute someone who has actually worked for a cruise line (NCL) and is still working on the open seas ( shipping/container industry) I believe.

1 hour ago, beerman2 said:

Chenkp75 has the most factual info, IMO. Hard to refute someone who has actually worked for a cruise line (NCL) and is still working on the open seas ( shipping/container industry) I believe.

Its quite a few more people then Chen.  And I prefer to wait until I get actual confirmed facts from a cruiseline.  Everyone is different.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

Don't even waste your time replying to an ignorant post like that.  There is no reason to shut down the country. 

Have you looked at the COVID numbers lately????? Double of the worst days in March. And how did NY get COVID under control then and now? By shutting down hard and, to this day not reopening as much as the rest of the country. And Today, shutting down around micro-clusters. The administration does not have to do anything with the cruise industry. All they have to do is to close non-essential businesses (of which the cruise line fall in line with a movie theater).  The new administration promises to do something different to kill COVID. Now let's see. What could that be? 

On 11/6/2020 at 1:43 PM, crookedhalo said:

Well given what is going on right now, they may not be in a big hurry to start moving things as no one knows which administration will be in charge and which direction the administration will lean in. The Trump administration was fighting the CDC to reopen the cruise industry - Biden is an unknown - will he switch back to the CDC recommendations? Who knows..but that maybe why everything is slow in getting moving again - don't want to commit the cost to something that could do a complete 180...

I dont base on politics for their slowness.  I am sure they are looking at the major increase in positive cases in the US and have concerns.  They dont want to restart in january and have an outbreak as that would be devastating.

They want to do it right and at the right time.

Plus look at cruiselines in Europe, most of them have paused their sailings due to covid spikes, port closures, lockdowns as well as lack of cruisers.

Costa sailing last week had under 1000 passengers for a ship of max capacity of 6500.

• Like 1

On 11/7/2020 at 6:55 PM, BirdTravels said:

It's because as of today, come January 21st, the U.S. will be in a nationwide shutdown/shelter-in-your-basement, which is what the pure science and new COVID task force calls for. That will kill the cruise industry and what's left of the struggling U.S. economy. So, I would expect the cruiselines to slow roll restart based on the aforementioned election and the ramifications of its outcome. 

If everyone would just do their part in preventing spread then we wouldnt have to worry about any governor or other politicians enforcing another round of restrictions like a lot of the world is doing now.  France , germany, UK, italy, spain ,israel, greece, Portugal, etc etc.  Even Sweden 

Edited by Sunshine3601