Cruise Refund

Hi All - I was just wondering we are still waiting for a refund from our April 2020 cruise with Celebrity.  The TA advises that the wholesaler hasn't refunded as yet.  But it is now 12 months since we paid for the cruise and 7months since the cruise sail date (it was the transpacific from Sydney to Hawaii).

Should I be putting pressure on the TA or are refund delays taking this long?

Thanks 

V.

9 minutes ago, Kangakid said:

Hi All - I was just wondering we are still waiting for a refund from our April 2020 cruise with Celebrity.  The TA advises that the wholesaler hasn't refunded as yet.  But it is now 12 months since we paid for the cruise and 7months since the cruise sail date (it was the transpacific from Sydney to Hawaii).

Thanks 

V.

I would contact Celebrity to check whether they have refunded the wholesaler and if so, when. Refund shouldn't definitely be taking that long!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Kangakid said:

Thanks 

V.

I would certainly be doing something because the refund would have been well and truly paid. Usually 1.5 months.

email Celebrity in North Sydney,you should get a reply with in a couple of days.

celebritycustomerserviceau@rcclapac.com.

Give the booking details and the booking number.

7 minutes ago, Kangakid said:

I will try calling Celebrity - but as I used a TA - I wonder if they will speak to me about this, anyway worth a phone call isn't it...

Cheers V.

Normally they won’t but these aren’t normal times.

Who was the agent?

Edited by Chiliburn

1 hour ago, Kangakid said:

I will try calling Celebrity - but as I used a TA - I wonder if they will speak to me about this, anyway worth a phone call isn't it...

Cheers V.

They will talk to you in the circumstances because you obviously haven't received your refund from the TA. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aus Traveller said:

Bug is cute, but ugly. She probably looks better with one of her many outfits on.

I must really like cats because I don't think Bug is ugly (anymore).   There is a video where Capt Kate is showing us how to put a life jacket on and in this case it is put on Bug and it is Bug's life jacket.  Kate is so nice to the cat and the cat is so patient - lovely watching them together and Capt Kate has a good sense of humour.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Rassa said:

I must really like cats because I don't think Bug is ugly (anymore).   There is a video where Capt Kate is showing us how to put a life jacket on and in this case it is put on Bug and it is Bug's life jacket.  Kate is so nice to the cat and the cat is so patient - lovely watching them together and Capt Kate has a good sense of humour.

Have to agree, I am not that heartless, have had moggies during my lifetime. Yes Capt Kate and her ugly Bug are happy, such is life.

Chilliburn - is my TA I have used over many years - she is part of the Travel Managers group.  We have put a huge amount of business through her over the years, but these are certainly different times and once I wouldn't have questioned it, but the time taken to refund is now ridiculous...will email Celebrity today.

Thanks for your help.

Vicki

1 hour ago, Kangakid said:

Chilliburn - is my TA I have used over many years - she is part of the Travel Managers group.  We have put a huge amount of business through her over the years, but these are certainly different times and once I wouldn't have questioned it, but the time taken to refund is now ridiculous...will email Celebrity today.

Thanks for your help.

Vicki

Yes email,if you call you may get someone in the Philippines who’s first language isn’t English.

I think you will find Royal Caribbean Australia pacific helpful (Celebrity)

Keep us informed on how you go. 

Just talking refunds....just got phone call to say  it arrived from Princess to our TA

the cruise we were going on last month, and canceled at beginning of August before final payment... we are getting our deposit back next week..........

Then we are even.....

Cheers Don

• Like 2