Covid -19 Vaccinations

rucrazy

Covid vaccines   

97 members have voted

1. 1. Will you get the Covid Vaccine when made available

• Yes, as soon as possible
    • Yes, but will wait a a while to seek if it has adverse effects on others.
    • No. I don't believe in vaccinations.
    • I don't know

15 minutes ago, Lirio said:

Does anyone knows which cruise line will require 100% vaccinated guets and crew?

Silversea announced on April 8 their requirement that all embarking crew and guests have to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to embarking on any of its cruises starting from the 18th of June.

1 minute ago, Stumblefoot said:

Silversea announced on April 8 their requirement that all embarking crew and guests have to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to embarking on any of its cruises starting from the 18th of June.

Any other?

3 minutes ago, Lirio said:

Any other?

This is a Silversea forum, so I just focus on them.  I would imagineif you post your question in other cruise line forums on Cruise Critic you will receive more answers to your question.

Edited by Stumblefoot

Just now, Stumblefoot said:

This is a Silversea forum, so I just focus on them.  I’m sure if you post your question in other cruise line forums on Cruise Critic you will receive more answers to your question.

Sorry. In fact,  for my future cruise plans I am only considering Silversea. I was just checking to understand if it would be widely practice of the main cruise lines. I didnt asked in any other forum. 

On 4/26/2021 at 6:24 PM, Arlopop said:

I’m sorry to hear that.  Hoping you are feeling better soon.
If it helps you at all, my wife (doctorate in pharmacology) points out that post-vax illness is a great sign your immune system is mounting a strong response and the vax is having a good effect.

I was fortunate - I had my 2nd Pfizer three weeks ago and felt fine after both.  My 16 year old son, however, felt poorly for a day after his 2nd dose, and my wife, who got her second back in January, was absolutely as sick as I’ve ever seen her for 24 hrs after. But as she said, “If that was a taste of Covid, I want nothing to do with an actual infection.”

Additionally, I have a good friend who was both sick with Covid last year, and just recently got his vaccination, which left him feeling cruddy for a couple of days.
His only comment was, “Well, now I’ve had Covid AND the vaccine - trust me, you want the vax.”

All immune responses are different. The facts one person has side effects and another doesn’t - doesn’t mean the person with side effects is building up a stronger defense. It merely means people react differently to vaccines. 

11 hours ago, Lirio said:

Any other?

I think most of the vaccine decisions flow from the parent company and I'm quite sure Royal Caribbean, Norwegian and Carnival are now all requiring vaccinations.

Thepointsguy is usually pretty reliable and he has a list of cruise vaccination policies..  I haven't checked for accuracy.

https://thepointsguy.com/guide/cruise-line-covid-vaccine-policy/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/9/2021 at 9:31 PM, CI66774 said:

All immune responses are different. The facts one person has side effects and another doesn’t - doesn’t mean the person with side effects is building up a stronger defense. It merely means people react differently to vaccines. 

True, they are, but the reaction post-vax, particularly to the second dose, is an indication of a strong immune response.

per UC Davis:

”It is normal to have a stronger reaction after the second dose because that's when your immune system really kicks into gear. That big immune response is what causes the stronger reaction. It's called a boosting phenomenon, and it builds an even greater ability to defeat COVID-19. Here's how it works:

When you get the first dose, your body learns to make antibodies to fight COVID-19. Then you get the second vaccine, and you already have the antibodies ready to go, so that shot kicks them into action. That more robust immune response accounts for the stronger reactions. Those reactions tell you the vaccine is working.

Although stronger reactions after the second dose are common, experts say some people may have little or no reaction.”

https://health.ucdavis.edu/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/how-covid-19-vaccines-work.html

Edited by Arlopop

6 hours ago, Arlopop said:

It is normal to have a stronger reaction after the second dose because that's when your immune system really kicks into gear.

I wonder why this phenomenon doesn’t hold true for a third dose?  My third dose was milder than the 2nd dose.

Because it (the magnitude of the reaction) is highly variable from person to person, dose to dose. The average second dose reaction is more intense than the average first dose reaction. But the variance in each group is larger than the difference between the mean values between groups. So randomly, it's quite possible to react more strongly to an earlier dose.

Either that or your T-cells just got bored.

Take.your pick. Mathematics or anthropomorphism.

Edited by jpalbny
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

I wonder why this phenomenon doesn’t hold true for a third dose?  My third dose was milder than the 2nd dose.

I wonder if the test of the third shot you're enrolled in is using the same strength (volume) of vaccine as the first two doses? I read somewhere that the first 2 doses of the Pfizer vaccine are 30 micrograms, and that they were going to test a 30 microgram third shot. But it also wouldn't be unusual to test more than one dosage strength for comparison. Maybe you got a watered down dose. 😉

• Like 1