Covid -19 Vaccinations

rucrazy

Covid vaccines   

97 members have voted

1. 1. Will you get the Covid Vaccine when made available

• Yes, as soon as possible
    • Yes, but will wait a a while to seek if it has adverse effects on others.
    • No. I don't believe in vaccinations.
    • I don't know

48 minutes ago, Randyk47 said:

Funny thing, in a rush of excitement then disappointment way, did happen yesterday.  I logged into the Walgreens website and went through the drill of entering my information.  It came back with an appointment this coming Friday at 10 AM.  Excited!  Then I looked at the location.....275 miles away!  I don’t know if I fat-fingered my zip code or if the system hiccuped.   Naturally, even as much as I’d like to get vaccinated,  I wasn’t excited about an 8-10 hour round trip so I let it go.  

Hi Randy, so sorry about that!.....I was totally surprised when I went to the Walmart website

and found so many available time slots!!! And the store is only 3 miles away😃. Hope you

will find an open slot soon!

3 hours ago, Randyk47 said:

Funny thing, in a rush of excitement then disappointment way, did happen yesterday.  I logged into the Walgreens website and went through the drill of entering my information.  It came back with an appointment this coming Friday at 10 AM.  Excited!  Then I looked at the location.....275 miles away!  I don’t know if I fat-fingered my zip code or if the system hiccuped.   Naturally, even as much as I’d like to get vaccinated,  I wasn’t excited about an 8-10 hour round trip so I let it go.  

When I found the spot for my friend, it wasn't easy at all.  I opened getmyvaccine at 7 am.  Because I had a fair bit of stuff to do on my computer that morning, I knew it was a matter of watching and watching and watching the refresh patiently.  I kept the site open.  It refreshed every 60 seconds.  I started at 7 am, and just about 10:30 am, ( 3.5 hours) of watching and trying, that's when I got the spot. 

She was checking once in the morning, and never checking again.  Apparently I have a lot of patience ( or I have nothing better to do in lockdown!) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kimanjo said:

When I found the spot for my friend, it wasn't easy at all.  I opened getmyvaccine at 7 am.  Because I had a fair bit of stuff to do on my computer that morning, I knew it was a matter of watching and watching and watching the refresh patiently.  I kept the site open.  It refreshed every 60 seconds.  I started at 7 am, and just about 10:30 am, ( 3.5 hours) of watching and trying, that's when I got the spot. 

She was checking once in the morning, and never checking again.  Apparently I have a lot of patience ( or I have nothing better to do in lockdown!) 

WOW...first, that was a long time!  Next, you are a good friend!😃 

I found out the Publix site filled up in 30 minutes!!!!  I went on there as soon as they opened up

but never got through.  Fortunately The Walmart Site had plenty of openings.

7 hours ago, Lois R said:

Well, I just got an appt!!!!!!!  I decided to see what other Pharmacies were open for this........

Walmart has many locations with open slots!   After all that, I have a shot scheduled for tomorrow morning at 11am😃

Thank you EVERYONE who has been helping all of us!😃

So very happy you got an appointment.  Way to hang in there.  I know you were a bit frustrated.  Stay well and soak up our wonderful sunshine😎

37 minutes ago, cece50 said:

So very happy you got an appointment.  Way to hang in there.  I know you were a bit frustrated.  Stay well and soak up our wonderful sunshine😎

Thanks......No sunshine up where I live today........only about 50 and NO SUN....very overcast

and it rained  this morning.  What we call "Ugly" outside.

Well, got my shot and all is well👍 I got Moderna and I go back for the 2nd shot on April 1st.

And it was all easy peasy!  There was no line, no waiting!😀 

And this afternoon I am even getting a hair cut🙂

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Here in Mass, still no availability for vaccine appointments.  I don’t know who is getting them, but I try continuously with no luck, never any appointments available, even.when multiple sites say they have availability, you go to book and it come up sorry!

22 minutes ago, crusinbanjo said:

Here in Mass, still no availability for vaccine appointments.  I don’t know who is getting them, but I try continuously with no luck, never any appointments available, even.when multiple sites say they have availability, you go to book and it come up sorry!

No different here in San Antonio, Texas.   Using all the tools recommended here and still no luck.   One site says various, actually numerous, local sites have a supply of vaccine but when you try to book there are no available slots.  I guess both could be true.  Yes they have vaccine but can only inject a certain number of people per day.   The other site has what appears to be a good list of sites with appointments but at least in my case none are within a reasonable driving distance.  I haven’t reached the point where I am desperate enough to drive 100+ miles one way to get vaccinated.

• Like 1

Good morning,  you laminated the card? Who did that for you? I am guessing a printshop?

I have a sore arm this morning but nothing terrible. I did have to sleep on the other arm last night.

(I am a side sleeper and the shot was in the arm I normally sleep on).  But once I was out, I slept pretty well!

Randy and Banjo,  hoping you will be able to sign up soon.

21 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Good morning,  you laminated the card? Who did that for you? I am guessing a printshop?

I have a sore arm this morning but nothing terrible. I did have to sleep on the other arm last night

(I am a side sleeper and the shot was in the arm I normally sleep on).  But once I was out, I slept

pretty well.

Happy to hear you’re doing well.  Locally if there is a bright spot it was the announcement this morning that the city/county is supposed to get it first shipment of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine in the next day or two.  I hadn’t had my full first cup of coffee so I didn’t catch the number of doses but something is better than nothing.  🤞

As for laminating...you can usually get that done at a Staples or Office Depot for a small fee.  You can also buy a couple of sheets of laminating film and do it yourself.  

Edited by Randyk47

46 minutes ago, Lois R said:

I have a sore arm this morning but nothing terrible. I did have to sleep on the other arm last night.

(I am a side sleeper and the shot was in the arm I normally sleep on).  But once I was out, I slept pretty well!

I have a heated laminator from amazon and it was inexpensive and works great on many items.  

I think I will make a copy of the card and laminate that one because the original, as mentioned, has space for other vax info.

At the time of my first dose of Pfizer, I watched as my info was entered online with some Florida website. I was queried if I had any other vaccines administered in the state because I was not in the database.

I have had a tetanus shot ( which technically is a vaccine) in the past 2 years but apparently that was not recorded. This gives me pause and makes the original vax card even more valuable. 

Info on vax administration only good if its recorded and its secure. As the saying goes, "Garbage in garbage out..."

9 hours ago, silkismom said:

Problem with laminating the cards, there is a place for a booster shot which couldn't be added.

I will just ask for a new card when there are boosters. My card only has room for 2 more "others" and the boosters may go on for a long time.

Just saw that the Philippines got its first shipment of Covid vaccine.  https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-philippines-vaccin-idUSKBN2AW1MS.   The cautionary note is that it was a relatively small shipment and along with the Chinese Sinovac that China donated they now have around 1,000,000 doses or enough for 500,000 people.   Of course with a population of roughly 108 million that’s a drop in the bucket but it is a step in the right direction.  The Philippines is a major source of cruise ship crew and the country needs something like 140 million doses to reach their goal of 70% vaccinated by the end of 2021.   I would think the young men and women we see on Silversea and other cruise lines won’t be at the head of the line.   

• Thanks 1

On 3/5/2021 at 9:06 AM, A Tucson Guy said:

I have a heated laminator from amazon and it was inexpensive and works great on many items.  

We did the same with our cards.  Got our little laminator at a business supply store. Also used it to laminate copies of our passports. 

Since our vaccination was through a hospital that keeps track of our visits and procedures I also printed out the "after visit" summary from that site.  In the event that vaccination passports become required for travel I want to have as many forms of evidence as possible.

Our county (St. Lucie) is using Eventbrite as a facilitator for appointments and it seems to work well.  Have been registered with text and phone voice messages when vaccine is available.   We got both jabs this way.  I have kept subscribed to this just in case boosters will be needed.   Friday received the text and immediately went to the site to see if there was availability for a friend.   Was easy had no trouble.   Checked two hours later and appointments were still available.   So definitely demand is down for those over 65/medical workers.  Good that they will open this up to those medically needing, teachers and over 50.

• Like 1

the young men and women we see on Silversea and other cruise lines won’t be at the head of the line

They may , in fact,  be at the head of the line as cruise companies need vaccinated staff and will find a way to make it happen.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tgh said:

the young men and women we see on Silversea and other cruise lines won’t be at the head of the line

They may , in fact,  be at the head of the line as cruise companies need vaccinated staff and will find a way to make it happen.

I'm starting to see news articles about companies being able to purchase vaccines for their employees.  I expect the major cruise lines to follow suit.

11 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I'm starting to see news articles about companies being able to purchase vaccines for their employees.  I expect the major cruise lines to follow suit.

Probably the only way it will happen soon.   

16 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

There’s 1.2million Oxford/AstraZeneca doses going cheap in Germany.