Covid -19 Vaccinations

rucrazy

Covid vaccines   

97 members have voted

1. 1. Will you get the Covid Vaccine when made available

• Yes, as soon as possible
    • Yes, but will wait a a while to seek if it has adverse effects on others.
    • No. I don't believe in vaccinations.
    • I don't know

29 minutes ago, Lois R said:

I went to Staples today and had my vaccination card laminated today😃...they do it for free!

Maybe good?  Maybe not?  Not trying to be negative, but later this year or early next year when the enhanced "BOOSTER SHOTS" come out to deal withy any unique variants and/or technical medical advancements, then they will not able to write in your latest updates on that laminated card.  Just a point to consider??!!

Then. there are the various pro/con factors being debated about Vaccine Passports??  Done by government or the private sector?  Internationally or by different states and nations?  How is privacy protected and secured?  Are there "equity" issues for those in our populations not having the right kind of  sophisticated iPhones, etc.  Nothing is totally simple, easy and agreeable for all??

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Sydney to NZ/Auckland Adventure, live/blog 2014 sampling/details with many exciting visuals and key highlights.  On page 23, post #571, see a complete index for all of the pictures, postings.  Now at 233,063 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

I’m with Terry.  There’s no reason to laminate the COVID-19 vaccination card.  

There is a reason why the global yellow vaccination card was never laminated; so it could continually be used.  This lamination of the COVID-19 card is nothing more than a marketing ploy to get people to visit their retail stores, plain and simple.

Just so you know, ALOT of people are doing it........I asked the guy in the store if they had

other folks coming in for it.......56 today!!!! And I did because I thought it

would be safer than just having the card......it will fit in my passport case

easily🙂  I didn't buy anything in the store.

What global yellow card? Never heard of that one.

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Just so you know, ALOT of people are doing it...

I know they are.  Silliest thing ever.  Brilliant marketing though.  

In the end it won’t matter, because no country is going to accept that CDC card for entry anyway.  So, laminate away!

9 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

I know they are.  Silliest thing ever.  Brilliant marketing though.  

In the end it won’t matter, because no country is going to accept that CDC card for entry anyway.  So, laminate away!

I will, thanks🙂...I don't think it is silly so I guess we will have to agree to disagree.🙂

16 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi Terry, well, its moot now.......I already did it. 

Do not worry, Lois!  As I understand, your local Board of Health and/or state Health Department keeps these records.  If needed in the future, they could issue you a new, duplicate copy.  

From CNN News and this New Orleans TV station this morning, they had this headline: You should think twice before laminating your vaccine card with these highlights: “Vaccine eligibility in the U.S. is expanding quickly, and so is the popularity of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's little white card.  While plans to establish standardized vaccination proof are still being developed, many are holding to their COVID-19 vaccine cards as a potential form of social currency.  And companies, like Staples and Office Depot, are offering to help keep them safe with free lamination.  While it may be tempting to get your vaccine card laminated as soon as possible, you should take your time and make sure you've considered a few things beforehand.  Double check all of your information -- including your name, date of birth, and the date and location of the vaccine -- for accuracy.  You should definitely create a backup of your card before laminating it.  Dr. Leana Wen, an emergency physician and public health professor at George Washington University, told CNN that she recommends taking a photo of the card after each dose.  There are concerns that the lamination process might damage cards, smudging the ink or making it illegible.”

Full story at:

https://www.wdsu.com/article/think-twice-before-laminating-your-vaccine-card/36021669

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Amazon River-Caribbean 2015 adventure live/blog starting in Barbados. Many visuals from this amazing river and Caribbean Islands (Dutch ABC's, St. Barts, Dominica, Grenada, San Juan, etc.).  Now at 68,256 views:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2157696

19 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi Terry, well, its moot now.......I already did it. 

There really aren't enough lines to add more shots.  On our card, the State of NH used labels that took up all of the space so for us it makes no difference if the card is laminated.

I took a picture of it (both sides) and so the photo is sitting in my phone too. The laminated

card slides easily into my Passport holder.

Finally got my appointment for tomorrow...I was only offered J&J.  What are the odds the cruise ships will only take the double dose (Moderna, Phizer) vaccine cards?

Missy in Maryland

In the U.K. J&J is a 2 jab vaccine. I had them because I was on the trial. It is still not approved for use here. Our government is still debating on whether or not to give us a vaccine card!

It’s ages till we sail so I’m hoping everything will have calmed down by then. I expect we will be into a regular programme of vaccination, a bit like the flu jab by then.

I don’t see how you can be denied access to board if you have had a vaccine.

On 4/1/2021 at 2:16 PM, mysty said:

Not such good news here unfortunately!  The province of Ontario goes into lockdown effective 12:01 am April 3.  No indoor or outdoor dining!  Essential stores restricted to 50% capacity, and on and on!

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/covid-19-ontario-shutdown-hospital-intensive-care-icu-patients-1.5969831

Here are the stats on how many folks have received the vaccine in Canada by province/territory.....

Capture.JPG.af50adeb8c864ee38c69239620d7c78d.JPG

Thank you mysty for your post.

It is a vaccine fiasco in Canada to say the least.

An important point is the Canadian federal government is mandating a 4 month gap between shots. This is very significant and in total disregard to the manufacturers instructions.

So when the cruise lines say you need to be vaccinated, are they talking 1 or 2 shots required? At the snails pace vaccination in Canada, it will be a long time before the travelling public will have both shots.

Been through many lockdowns in Ontario, no obvious progress to date. Likely stay at home Order for entire Province coming soon.

So no cruise plans in the foreseeable future, nor any travel plans for the future. Very bleak times here in Ontario.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, MHF said:

Finally got my appointment for tomorrow...I was only offered J&J.  What are the odds the cruise ships will only take the double dose (Moderna, Phizer) vaccine cards?

Missy in Maryland

Hi Missy, good morning. I honestly don't believe they are going to say a certain brand of

vaccine will only be accepted.  Besides not being in the cruise line's best interest,  J&J, Moderna and Phizer are all doing the job!!!!!!

And great news on being able to get your shot tomorrow😃

10 hours ago, MHF said:

Missy in Maryland

I doubt that they would or could do that.  For starters not all countries are getting the same vaccines.

You know that scene in "Footloose" where Kevin Bacon runs into the prom and says "Let's get this party started!!!!!!!!"  That's how I feel right now...Let's get these cruises started!!!!!!

Arrived at one of our State's vax sites at 12:35, at 12:45 I was shot and in my waiting chair.  Out the door at 1.  This was with an appointment.  The walk-in line stretched down the sidewalk and around the parking lot.

And you know after the Super Bowl, they ask the MVP what he's doing?  Yep, I'm going to Disney World next week.

Missy, in Maryland for the moment

• Like 3

On 4/3/2021 at 6:45 PM, Lois R said:

What global yellow card? Never heard of that one.

World Health Organization's Certificate of Vaccination  that is the official document to verify Yellow Fever innoculations that is required for some countries.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1985rz1 said:

World Health Organization's Certificate of Vaccination  that is the official document to verify Yellow Fever innoculations that is required for some countries.

I've got one of those. Was going to ask if they'd put the COVID-19 shot there too...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lois R said:

Missy, you going with the family?

Me for 3.5 days then parents joining me for 2.5 days.  They don't care for the parks but mom wants to go to Disney Springs.  They were vaccinated early on as hospital volunteers.

4 minutes ago, Silver Spectre said:

Probably too easy to forge JP. A stamp in your passport maybe?

My sister says that you can already buy fake CDC vaccination cards over the internet...

• Thanks 1