Covid -19 Vaccinations

rucrazy

Covid vaccines   

97 members have voted

1. 1. Will you get the Covid Vaccine when made available

• Yes, as soon as possible
    • Yes, but will wait a a while to seek if it has adverse effects on others.
    • No. I don't believe in vaccinations.
    • I don't know

On 3/17/2021 at 7:04 PM, Dolcevita Diva said:

I'm surprised and delighted to have been able to secure an appointment very quickly after becoming eligible this past Monday.  I  had tried the Publix site to no avail on Monday and this morning, but also registered with our county health department (they have 2 separate sites, which is odd) on Monday. 

This morning I received an email with a link to set up my appointment time at the Fairgrounds for this Saturday.      After sharing this information, a friend's husband also registered this morning - and was notified a few hours later of an appointment for tomorrow!

And if anyone needs a good laugh today, watch this!

I finally have secured an appointment for the first jab of the Moderna vaccine.  It only took.....   Too Long, but tomorrow at 9:06 am I make the drive 45 minutes to Gilllette Stadium to get jabbed.  As I told Mrs Banjo today, Tomorrow I will be 100% half way vaccinated.  Now if we could just get her an appointment too......  the wait continues, but there seems to be light at the end of the tunnel... And it's not a train coming our way!

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, crusinbanjo said:

I finally have secured an appointment for the first jab of the Moderna vaccine.  It only took.....   Too Long, but tomorrow at 9:06 am I make the drive 45 minutes to Gilllette Stadium to get jabbed.  As I told Mrs Banjo today, Tomorrow I will be 100% half way vaccinated.  Now if we could just get her an appointment too......  the wait continues, but there seems to be light at the end of the tunnel... And it's not a train coming our way!

Good morning and so happy to read this😃. I know you have been trying to get an appt for a long, long time!!

You have to leave your home at 9:06? Why not just go at 9? What is that extra 6

minutes about?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Good morning and so happy to read this😃. I know you have been trying to get an appt for a long, long time!!

You have to leave your home at 9:06? Why not just go at 9? What is that extra 6

minutes about?

No, sorry I didn’t explain well, my appointment is at 9:06 and the schedule verification says be there 5 minutes early, at 9:01.  The State is very precise you know, (said very sarcastically).  It will be interesting to see when I actually get the jab.  I’ll report back tomorrow.

Edited by crusinbanjo
Added content
  • Like 1

Ahhhh.........so you need to leave house pretty early!.....and that is kind of funky.....9:01........

I am guessing you will have some morning traffic so will give yourself plenty of time for that

drive!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, crusinbanjo said:

No, sorry I didn’t explain well, my appointment is at 9:06 and the schedule verification says be there 5 minutes early, at 9:01.  The State is very precise you know, (said very sarcastically).  It will be interesting to see when I actually get the jab.  I’ll report back tomorrow.

Hope everything goes smoothly!

• Like 1

I mentioned in a previous post that Madagascar is one of 3 countries that have refused the vaccine. Since then the president of Tanzania ( one of the other 3 countries to refuse) died a few days ago of Covid.
Despite an uptick in covid cases here in Mada the president remains adament that the local organic "cure" is enough.
Worryingly, here the percentage of positive cases is coming in at around 25% .
We continue to take precautions but would love the opportunity  to have an appointment for a vaccine.

Edited by Reef Knot
Typo

I received my second shot of the Moderna vaccine on Saturday and I'm looking forward to a bit of normalcy returning to my life. Let's hope the same can be said for the cruise industry sometime in the near future.

• Like 1

I have to say, when I got my appointment, everything went smooth from there.  It was like a production line in a factory.  There was a flow of people going in, getting quizzed, then jabbed, then wait 15 minute, then on your way.  One down, three to go, (one for me, two for Mrs Banjo).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, crusinbanjo said:

I have to say, when I got my appointment, everything went smooth from there.  It was like a production line in a factory.  There was a flow of people going in, getting quizzed, then jabbed, then wait 15 minute, then on your way.  One down, three to go, (one for me, two for Mrs Banjo).

Hi, so glad things went smoothly for you!🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Well, Thursday I get my 2nd shot!!!!!!!!! Only 3 more days to go😃

Mine is Wednesday at 10:30 AM.  Can’t believe I’m that excited about a shot.   Mrs K is next Monday and at least for this round we’ll be 100%.   

I admittedly had been paying more attention to the short term aspects of getting vaccinated and not the long term so I was surprised by this article.  https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/01/health/pfizer-covid-vaccine-efficacy-six-months-bn/index.html  Obviously I was and still am hoping for more than a few months of protection.    

Edited by Randyk47

Good news Randy - thanks for posting. The current 3-month limitation of efficacy data is laughable, and especially painful for those of us who were first in line. In fact my 3 months is almost up... Hopefully the CDC updates their guidelines soon.

Got my shot, got my shot😃😃😃......all done now! 

The pharmacy was MUCH BUSIER this time around.  I figured it would be since the state

lowered the age since my first one.   I had an 11:00am appointment but didn't get my shot

unitl 11:45😲...and of course I got there about 15 minute  early so I was there for a good while.

• Like 2

Not such good news here unfortunately!  The province of Ontario goes into lockdown effective 12:01 am April 3.  No indoor or outdoor dining!  Essential stores restricted to 50% capacity, and on and on!

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/covid-19-ontario-shutdown-hospital-intensive-care-icu-patients-1.5969831

Here are the stats on how many folks have received the vaccine in Canada by province/territory.....

Capture.JPG.af50adeb8c864ee38c69239620d7c78d.JPG

5 hours ago, mysty said:

Not such good news here unfortunately! 

I wish I understood this.  I don't understand @Reef Knot 's situation either regarding vaccinations.  Doesn't pandemic mean a worldwide epidemic?  Shouldn't all warp speed or whatever efforts be global?  I'd think almost any denizen of cruise critic would think of themselves as a world explorer & support the idea that the effort needs to be global.

On my patriotic side, I also hate to think the Russians or the Chinese have a more global view than the USA where I live.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, QueSeraSera said:

I wish I understood this.  I don't understand @Reef Knot 's situation either regarding vaccinations.  Doesn't pandemic mean a worldwide epidemic?  Shouldn't all warp speed or whatever efforts be global?  I'd think almost any denizen of cruise critic would think of themselves as a world explorer & support the idea that the effort needs to be global.

On my patriotic side, I also hate to think the Russians or the Chinese have a more global view than the USA where I live.

Unfortunately that is not the prevalent attitude!  Not all countries are faring as well as others.   India was considering restricting export of the vaccines to allow more vaccinations in their country.   The EU is also making noises about restricting export of vaccines created there.   Canada does not currently have facilities capable of producing the vaccines.   We need to import all of them.   Supplies are limited.   So we wait.   It's disturbing when people complain about Canada not allowing cruise ships until February 2022.  There is a valid reason for that!  It's important for people to consider that staff and crew for the ships are coming from places where the vaccine may not be readily available and may require that they pay for it.   If they have been without an income that is a real challenge!  Time for us all to think outside the cocoon of our country and cast our vision to the world situation.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

India has banned vaccine exports. Italy, on behalf of the EU, banned the export of Astra vaccines to Australia. Considering that the Astra vaccine is produced at cost  and is a fraction of the Pfizer and Moderna ones, and doesn’t require ‘deep freezing’ it should be in use all around the world by now. The EU Commission and Macron have done their best to slag it off, driving up vaccine hesitancy, and the US hasn’t helped by dragging its feet over giving clearance from their Medical Regulator. It almost makes one want to weep.

• Like 3