Does O'Sheehan's have a dinner menu

SpainAlien

8 minutes ago, RunBikeCruiseDC said:

I believe OSheehans has a nightly special (Prime Rib on one night).  We typically go there for late night snack, breakfast (highly recommend) and sometimes lunch on the first day.  Hear the Prime Rib is good.  

It used to be a given that they would have a prime rib special one night but then it started to be hit and miss on what sailings or ships would have it.

I used to really look forward to prime rib night in O'Sheehan's, but as others already have noted, NCL stopped serving prime rib in O'Sheehan's (also in the Local) shortly before the Covid shutdown.  Sometimes you just don't feel like having a fine dining experience, you just want comfort food, and O'Sheehan's is the place for it. The evening menu is the same as the daytime fare.  On two dozen NCL cruises, I've probably had dinner in the pub maybe a dozen or 15 times.  I always preferred the prime rib when it was available, but otherwise it's usually fish and chips, a Reuben, burger, or soup.   Did I mention that I really miss the prime rib night?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Traveling Man said:

I used to really look forward to prime rib night in O'Sheehan's, but as others already have noted, NCL stopped serving prime rib in O'Sheehan's (also in the Local) shortly before the Covid shutdown.  Sometimes you just don't feel like having a fine dining experience, you just want comfort food, and O'Sheehan's is the place for it. The evening menu is the same as the daytime fare.  On two dozen NCL cruises, I've probably had dinner in the pub maybe a dozen or 15 times.  I always preferred the prime rib when it was available, but otherwise it's usually fish and chips, a Reuben, burger, or soup.   Did I mention that I really miss the prime rib night?

When was your last cruise?  Our Feb 2020 cruise on Escape had the prime rib night.  Just wondering when it happened.

1 hour ago, oteixeira said:

When was your last cruise?  Our Feb 2020 cruise on Escape had the prime rib night.  Just wondering when it happened.

We were on the Gem for a Panama Canal cruise departing San Francisco late January and arriving NYC on Valentine's Day this year.  The hostess in O'Sheehan's told us that the Prime Rib Night had been discontinued.  We double-checked with the GM who said that it was a company policy change to drop it fleet wide.

18 hours ago, The Traveling Man said:

We were on the Gem for a Panama Canal cruise departing San Francisco late January and arriving NYC on Valentine's Day this year.  The hostess in O'Sheehan's told us that the Prime Rib Night had been discontinued.  We double-checked with the GM who said that it was a company policy change to drop it fleet wide.

Great info, as I said, we were on the Escape after your cruise and it happened.  Wonder if it is based on the ship class (away versus jewel).

Whatever you do, don't get the Prime Rib on "Prime Rib Night" .. it was an abomination.   Its a thin miniscule slice of leftover re-heated roast from who knows when. 

Actually this place is horrible in general.   We tried it 3 separate times on Escape on our Sept 2019 (Dorian) cruise and it just sucked.  Bad or cold food .. entrees coming out before apps, warm drinks, drinks not delivered, dingbat servers.    It was the only poor spot on board .. otherwise, the food & service was great everywhere else. 

Edited by F27TW

On 11/20/2020 at 8:52 PM, complawyer said:

im not trying to sound like a snob or a complete diva, but with the dining choices available (main and specialty dining) why would anyone want to have dinner at o'sheehan's.

i only go there as a last resort if all else is closed, and even then, i find the food is nothing to write home about. it's just so so

I have eaten late night food there.I rather eat there than every restaurant except the MDR.The only negative for me is that the places to sit are too hard.