Does O'Sheehan's have a dinner menu

SpainAlien

1 hour ago, SpainAlien said:

I know they have a breakfast menu and I have seen the standard menu with wings, fish and chips, etc., but do they do a different evening meal menu?

They have an express breakfast menu. A standard menu (most of the day). There is usually a special of the night. Then a late night menu that goes all night long. 

• Like 1

im not trying to sound like a snob or a complete diva, but with the dining choices available (main and specialty dining) why would anyone want to have dinner at o'sheehan's.

i only go there as a last resort if all else is closed, and even then, i find the food is nothing to write home about. it's just so so

4 hours ago, complawyer said:

im not trying to sound like a snob or a complete diva, but with the dining choices available (main and specialty dining) why would anyone want to have dinner at o'sheehan's.

i only go there as a last resort if all else is closed, and even then, i find the food is nothing to write home about. it's just so so

I agree I've always found the food to be average at best but my husband loves the shepherds pie so I was hoping that if we went at dinner time there might have been something better to choose from. 

Thanks everyone for you input it's very helpful, I'll have to keep my eye out for prime rib night

Standard pub fare most of the day - breakfast till 11:00 then the pub menu. Not sure if or when the "late night" menu goes into effect - I have been there at 11:00PM for a quick snack and saw the same menu as the rest of the day. On our last cruise we liked the fact that we could sleep in and still be able to grab breakfast there.

We only do longer sailings, and there is always one night that my husband wants wings and beer for dinner, so O'Sheehans delivers. It's usually a big port day when we don't want a long drawn out meal. What we don't do is the Garden Cafe for dinner. That just seems more like a cafeteria to us, so we save that just for breakfast on port days and mid afternoon snacks on sea days. Freestyle = choice, and that's why we cruise NCL.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, SpainAlien said:

I'll have to keep my eye out for prime rib night

I think they eliminated prime rib night a while back. I was cruising on NCL...the Gem to be specific...from beginning of January through about two weeks prior to the COVID shutdown and as far as I recall there was never a prime rib night in O'Sheehan's, unlike the past. 

10 hours ago, SpainAlien said:

I agree I've always found the food to be average at best but my husband loves the shepherds pie so I was hoping that if we went at dinner time there might have been something better to choose from. 

Shepherds pie with ground beef, for shepherds who tend their flocks of cattle.  

17 hours ago, complawyer said:

I agree I would not go there for dinner but I could eat those hot buffalo wings all day long, especially after a later night as a pit stop.

I think what's important to remember is there are so many choices and they all have their time and place.  In Feb of 2020 my cruise had a prime rib night at the pub, so maybe it depends on the cruise (I was on a 7 day Escape).  I use O'Sheehans for late night snacks, and honestly, it's good as a pub food, which is all it claims to be.  The menu you can find online is basically standard every day.

• Like 1

We have only used O'Sheehan's for dinner when we want something simpler.  It's nice for 'comfort food' or salad.   

Since we usually sleep late O'Sheehans is a great place to start our day.  If we miss their breakfast menu  I like Shephard's Pie or Bangers & Mash.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, complawyer said:

Why? Because sometimes you just want to change things up, especially on a long cruise.  You get tired of "fine dining" and long meals in the MDRs and specialty venues, and you just want some simple, comfort food.   It's also why we sometimes will eat dinner in the buffet.  

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

Why? Because sometimes you just want to change things up, especially on a long cruise.  You get tired of "fine dining" and long meals in the MDRs and specialty venues, and you just want some simple, comfort food.   It's also why we sometimes will eat dinner in the buffet.  

i'm sorry, but we've sailed with norwegian 18 times within the last 10 years. o'sheehans to me is still food of last resort. im not knocking it, but they are still nothing to waive the flag over. if i'm back from a shore excursion and there is nothing else available, i'll admit to grabbing a burger there or some chicken tenders, still, it's a last resort. my grandson who just turned 21, likes it as he and his friends can hang out there for hours.  i dont mind drawn out restaurant meals, andlove teppanyaki, cagneys and moderno. one night during our cruise we'll do chinese and another the sushi bar.

i hardly ever go to the buffet, we usually book a suite or a haven so we have the private restaurant.

maybe once during the cruise will we go to osheehans. I can pass onthe prime rib and get a better steak at cagneys.

my question still remains, with all those other excellent choices, why bother with o'sheehans?

well, to each his own. If you enjoy the place, more power to you!!!

O'Sheehan's/The Local has a cocktail that you can only get there...the Glacier Freeze.  Reason enough for me to go there.  On the inaugural Bliss Panama Canal cruise, we ate fish and chips there at 3am while watching the royal wedding on the big screen in the Atrium. Good times!

• Like 3

17 hours ago, njhorseman said:

I think they eliminated prime rib night a while back. I was cruising on NCL...the Gem to be specific...from beginning of January through about two weeks prior to the COVID shutdown and as far as I recall there was never a prime rib night in O'Sheehan's, unlike the past. 

On Escape in late January prime rib was advertised there on the first night of the cruise.

19 hours ago, HowardK said:

O Sheenan's isn't just about the food its the ambience. I ate at the bar on the Epic (didnt drink that cruise) and often people from the ship would stop by and eat or have some drinks. 

im sorry, but is o'sheenan's on another ship? If not, o'sheehan's has about as much ambience as a walk in closet, you have so many other fine  dining choices

1 hour ago, complawyer said:

im sorry, but is o'sheenan's on another ship? If not, o'sheehan's has about as much ambience as a walk in closet, you have so many other fine  dining choices

Ambience refers to the character and mood of a place, not just fancy places or fine dining places. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, ColeThornton said:

Ambience refers to the character and mood of a place, not just fancy places or fine dining places. 

17 minutes ago, ColeThornton said:

i stand by my prior quote there is about much ambiance in osheehans as the closet. mind you, im not knocking or attacking your preference, it's just that i find osheehan's  to be much ado about nothing, and we still only go there as either a last resort, or to grab a cold beer