MSC Seashore

rkacruiser

40 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

I found an e-mail from MSC in my in-box this afternoon about this new ship coming in 2021.  The information provided, the photos:  all are quite attractive.  Something for which to anticipate in the New Year.  

Seashore is a slightly larger ship than Seaview and Seaside.

Hey Group,

They are moving the Meraviglia out of Miami next fall (2021) and transferring all passengers over to the Seashore.  They sent me a notification last Friday and I'm working with my TA to get a cabin on the new ship.  We've cruised the Seaside, so we are fine with the change.  It does leave a day earlier compared to the Meraviglia. 

Kel

17 hours ago, sidari said:

Hearing that seashore may be delayed until October 2021 and that the ship will be moved to Trieste shipyard in December. Nothing official from MSC yet.

😂

Sure, after a few months that they announced the delay now postponing again? I don't think you realize how much money and planning is involved in such delays. It is fairly certain that Seashore will launch on August 1, 2021 for several reasons;

Fincantieri said on their website that there are no further delays as Italy after lockdown is one of the countries in Europe with a low number of corona outbreaks and doing an excellent job against the virus.

Now that they have a vaccination program in Europe in December, starting with Itlay among the first, no postponement will be announced any time soon.

And last but not least: Trieste is at full speed at the moment. There is no place for a other ship for many months to come.

So confirm your source or say nothing.

Thanks!

Edited by Maikell

19 hours ago, sidari said:

Hearing that seashore may be delayed until October 2021 and that the ship will be moved to Trieste shipyard in December. Nothing official from MSC yet.

Sidari we are on transatlantic 31st October!! Could that be the inaugural cruise??

Liz

5 hours ago, Maikell said:

😂

Sure, after a few months that they announced the delay now postponing again? I don't think you realize how much money and planning is involved in such delays. It is fairly certain that Seashore will launch on August 1, 2021 for several reasons;

Fincantieri said on their website that there are no further delays as Italy after lockdown is one of the countries in Europe with a low number of corona outbreaks and doing an excellent job against the virus.

Now that they have a vaccination program in Europe in December, starting with Itlay among the first, no postponement will be announced any time soon.

And last but not least: Trieste is at full speed at the moment. There is no place for a other ship for many months to come.

So confirm your source or say nothing.

Thanks!

Ah Cage rattled I see, there may be  vaccines coming out but there are no definite dates as to when they will be available to those who want these. I am not at liberty to tell you or anyone else where the info came from, if it turns out to be incorrect I will at least hold my hands up but it has never been wrong before with Seaside or Seaview so I have no reason not to believe it.

In the meantime I suggest you take a chill pill.

Emma's Gran ... Fingers crossed you will be one of the first onboard the ship.

1 hour ago, sidari said:

Ah Cage rattled I see, there may be  vaccines coming out but there are no definite dates as to when they will be available to those who want these. I am not at liberty to tell you or anyone else where the info came from, if it turns out to be incorrect I will at least hold my hands up but it has never been wrong before with Seaside or Seaview so I have no reason not to believe it.

In the meantime I suggest you take a chill pill.

Emma's Gran ... Fingers crossed you will be one of the first onboard the ship.

And in the meantime i suggest that you wash mouth and chill out yourself, beside you are the one who tells thing here with no reason or fact check, it is just a rumor you bring. Thats not the way it works.

If you can see, what i said you can find on the official channels. What you said is based on nothing now: 'im not at libery to tell you'. Who do you think you are to come out with your facts based on nothing? 

Bring it as a rumor and it is a whole other story, but the way you brings it, It is almost happing already.

Goodbye tabloid!  😘

Edited by Maikell

4 hours ago, Maikell said:

And in the meantime i suggest that you wash mouth and chill out yourself, beside you are the one who tells thing here with no reason or fact check, it is just a rumor you bring. Thats not the way it works.

If you can see, what i said you can find on the official channels. What you said is based on nothing now: 'im not at libery to tell you'. Who do you think you are to come out with your facts based on nothing? 

Bring it as a rumor and it is a whole other story, but the way you brings it, It is almost happing already.

Goodbye tabloid!  😘

It is always difficult when children throw their toys out of the pram just because they don't like what is being said, you actually remind me of someone who said a similar thing on another social media platform because that person didn't like that fact that he couldn't get information that I had. You are no different.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Maikell said:

The number of new cases confirmed each day was on all-time high by mid November 2020 in Italy. Over 35,000 average new cases per day compared to 5,000 average new cases in March 2020.  The number went slightly down by the end of November 2020 to 26,000.

(source: John Hopkins University)

image.thumb.jpeg.74749c2d59e807d54c5bb7914904e023.jpeg

We had booked 15 day Meraviglia November 13, 2021. Members on our RollCall noticed our cruise had disappeared.
Never received an email.

When logging into MSC account...found that our booking changed to Seashore and new date of Nov. 20, 2021. Cabin listed as guaranteed.

not happy with change...we had cruise fare for 15 day , in the YC. MSC has blocked all YC cabins so, not able to see what is available. Would be nice if they upgrade us to Deluxe Grand Suite from Deluxe Suite.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sidari said:

It is always difficult when children throw their toys out of the pram just because they don't like what is being said, you actually remind me of someone who said a similar thing on another social media platform because that person didn't like that fact that he couldn't get information that I had. You are no different.

Really? I think that you can't handle it when someone says something about your style of writing some things down on this forum but facts. Now again you start to say things that has nothing to do with the whole topic. That you had problems before says something about you, not about a person you had similar discussion with or me. Please think again! 

@SirWolf Thats better then a whole lot of country's in the EU. And that said, Fincantieri is working at full capacity at the moment where they communicate that there are no further delays at the moment. And at last, in Europe we do not really look at the confirmed cases but we look at the IC capacity, if the IC's get to full then we go in total lockdown. That is not the case a this moment. With a vaccine in mind things only will get better for MSC cruises and the industry in the upcoming months. And if you follow the news in this part of the world, the EU will be in whole different situation by summer 2021. 

Edited by Maikell

1 hour ago, Maikell said:

Thats better then a whole lot of country's in the EU. And that said, Fincantieri is working at full capacity at the moment where they communicate that there are no further delays at the moment. And at last, in Europe we do not really look at the confirmed cases but we look at the IC capacity, if the IC's get to full then we go in total lockdown. That is not the case a this moment. With a vaccine in mind things only will get better for MSC cruises and the industry in the upcoming months. And if you follow the news in this part of the world, the EU will be in whole different situation by summer 2021. 

Italy sadly ranks number 4 of confirmed cases in Europe after United Kingdom, Spain and France. Italy ranks number 2 of deaths in Europe after United Kingdom (source: ECDC European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control).

Please provide proof that Coronavirus statistics are based on IC capacity. I am following news in German language in Europe (Germany, Austria & Switzerland) and have never seen a statistic of IC capacity. Germany uses R-Wert Reproduktionszahl (R-Value Reproduction Number) in addition to number of confirmed cases and deaths.

I agree with you and hope that by summer 2021 the situation around the world will drastically improve. Vaccinations in America will be prioritized.. Healthcare Workers, people with certain medical conditions and people age 65 and over will get vaccinations first in December 2020 and early 2021. General public will get vaccinations as soon as April 2021.

We all want our normal life back, cruising the world and exploring foreign countries without wearing a mask.. but we have to be patient and trust in science & research for a effective vaccine to fight the pandemic.

Edited by SirWolf

46 minutes ago, SirWolf said:

Italy sadly ranks number 4 of confirmed cases in Europe after United Kingdom, Spain and France. Italy ranks number 2 of deaths in Europe after United Kingdom (source: ECDC European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control).

Please provide proof that Coronavirus statistics are based on IC capacity. I am following news in German language in Europe (Germany, Austria & Switzerland) and have never seen a statistic of IC capacity. Germany uses R-Wert Reproduktionszahl (R-Value Reproduction Number) in addition to number of confirmed cases and deaths.

I agree with you and hope that by summer 2021 the situation around the world will drastically improve. Vaccinations in America will be prioritized.. Healthcare Workers, people with certain medical conditions and people age 65 and over will get vaccinations first in December 2020 and early 2021. General public will get vaccinations as soon as April 2021.

We all want our normal life back, cruising the world and exploring foreign countries without wearing a mask.. but we have to be patient and trust in science & research for a effective vaccine to fight the pandemic.

The above figures have nothing to do with a total lockdown and a delay for cruise ships such as Seashore.

The numbers you mentioned have to do with the spread of the virus. Itlay had a difficult time due to IC capacity in March / April which resulted in a total lockdown (and a delay for cruiseships by closing the shipyards because of the total lockdown), there was no place for normal hospital care and that is the real danger of the virus, because we cannot do anything about it now.

That's not the case at the moment, the confirmed cases are high, but the ICs are not as busy as the first wave. That's because older people, who usually get very sick, are more involved in prevention. Most of the younger people are now infected, the group of people who can handle the virus most of the time.

So we just live our lives, go to work, go to school with social distance until the time when a vaccine will help us get out of this situation, and it will soon be.

It's really weird that you've asked for proof for someone who doesn't, but google 'IC capacity and coronovirus' and read the articles.

I agree that we all want to go back to normal life and I hope that soon we can enjoy MSC's new ships.

Edited by Maikell

@sidariA article released today by the website Martime Intelligence in a interview with MSC Cruises:

The ordering schedule remains unchanged follows a torrid year for the whole cruise industry, which was forced to suspend operations as coronavirus infections spread. Several outbreaks were reported on cruiseships, old ships where taking out of service and new cruiseships where delayed for delivery.

“Our plans for the future cruises in 2021/2022 remain undiminished and our future bookings indicate there is a demand for cruises,” it said in a statement. “Our new shipbuilding programme is unchanged.”

Two vessels that are under construction at European yards, the 181,000 gt MSC Virtuosa, and MSC Seashore, are due to be completed in time for the 2021 summer season.

Edited by Maikell

Maikell ... I said in an earlier post that I would come back to you if my information was wrong regarding Seashore and Trieste.

Having spoken with my friend it seems there was miscommunication during our conversation regarding Seashore and Enchanted Princess and it is the latter that has gone to Trieste and not Seashore.

However having also checked regarding the possible October delay it appears at the minute that still stands. 

I am quite happy to apologise to you for any misunderstanding my information may have caused.

• Like 1

On 12/2/2020 at 2:05 PM, Maikell said:

“Our plans for the future cruises in 2021/2022 remain undiminished and our future bookings indicate there is a demand for cruises,” it said in a statement. “Our new shipbuilding programme is unchanged.”

Two vessels that are under construction at European yards, the 181,000 gt MSC Virtuosa, and MSC Seashore, are due to be completed in time for the 2021 summer season.

We have been told by MSC that Seashore has been delayed so the program is changed and Seashore will not be completed in time for the 2021 summer season.

• Like 1