Pacific Princess - October 2021 Cancelled

Wichard

My travel agent just informed me that Princess has cancelled our 31 day cruise sailing on October 2, 2021 on Pacific Princess.  This is very disappointing to us as Pacific Princess was our favorite ship and we would have spent two nights in Venice.  I suspect we will not have the chance to see either in the future.

The Princess note said I would be informed in three days and hopefully they will provide additional details regarding refunding our deposit.

Wichard

• Like 1

We were booked to be on the Venice cruise and got the email today that it was canceled. 

• All cruises sailing through March 31, 2021
  • All cruises longer than seven days sailing in and out of United States ports through November 1, 2021
  • I guess we fell into the category of longer than 7 days.
  •  Next is what to do with my credits. They expire 5/22. But Princess is unable to sail so I am unable to use them. Now I will have more credits of some type. 

8 minutes ago, merryjewelhound said:

We were booked to be on the Venice cruise and got the email today that it was canceled. 

• All cruises sailing through March 31, 2021
  • All cruises longer than seven days sailing in and out of United States ports through November 1, 2021
  • I guess we fell into the category of longer than 7 days.
  •  Next is what to do with my credits. They expire 5/22. But Princess is unable to sail so I am unable to use them. Now I will have more credits of some type. 

We were booked on the Venice to FLL portion also. Strange they canceled it when there is so much time between now and then, and more importantly the ship wouldn't even reach the US port until November 2, after the end date. Obviously not much thought went into choosing which cruises to cancel, especially since they could have had this one disembark in the Bahamas if they were worried about it it being a technical violation. It's almost as if they let the computer decide rather than looking at each cruise to see what they could save. 

I called Monday as I saw that this cruise was no longer taking bookings and called Princess. They said changes were possible and we would be notified as so much was happening and nothing was firm at this time. So I was not totally surprised. I imagine its easier to do a blanket change than one at a time.

I do not know if they are finally going to sell the ship but it would not surprise me.  Even though the cruise was sold out for some time before March, if I remember correctly, economics may have finally caught up to smaller ships.  

I have asked my travel arrangement to book a TA on Enchanted for Nov. 15, 2021 so I am hopping that sails but summer 2022 is probably a safer bet.

Wichard

Even though the transatlantic cruise from Rome to Fort Lauderdale has been cancelled I have my fingers crossed that Princess will still bring the Pacific Princess to Fort Lauderdale in November 2021 since my wife and I am booked on a 34 day cruise to Tahiti on 11/16/21.

In addition to the CDC requirements to voyages of 7 days or less I am also concerned about the fact that the  Pacific Princess has not been upgraded with the Medallion software.  I know Princess has said that they will only use ships with Ocean Medallion post COVID19.  

I had not read about using Ocean Medallion only. They have tracking software for your phone for exposure so it would make sense to use it on the ship. Our main concern is we have credits that will expire 5/1/22(?) so it really is cutting it close to rebook. I know its a burden for Princess to have to keep making changes and not loose customers. 

12 hours ago, Wichard said:

My travel agent just informed me that Princess has cancelled our 31 day cruise sailing on October 2, 2021 on Pacific Princess.  This is very disappointing to us as Pacific Princess was our favorite ship and we would have spent two nights in Venice.  I suspect we will not have the chance to see either in the future.

The Princess note said I would be informed in three days and hopefully they will provide additional details regarding refunding our deposit.

Wichard

We had this one booked as a b2b. Really sad this morning. 

31 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

We are booked on the July 10th 24 day cruise out of Venice and have not yet received any cancellation notice, but thanks for the heads-up.

OK, I'm feeling a little better. I just checked and the Pacific Princess is still cruising in and out of Venice and Rome from 6/28 - 10/14.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, TeaBag said:

We got an email from Princess this AM that our Jun 1 cruise on the Pacific was also cancelled.  Are they selling the ship?

They are still selling cruises on the PA after November 2021. They've cancelled quite a few cruises on the Royal Princess as well, even after the end of March. I doubt they're selling the Royal so by that logic I wouldn't infer they're selling the PA.

• Like 1

We booked the 12 day October 2, 2021 departure and it has not been cancelled, it doesn't visit US or Japan.  Our 19 day (B2B) Venice to FLL was cancelled since it departs before 1 Nov and visits the US

Cruises 8 days or longer that depart before November 1,  2021 and visit US ports are the ones cancelled (as well as ones that visit Japan and depart before June 25, 2021).

PA cancellations:

PACIFIC PRINCESS EXOTICS 18-May-21 K106A 41 Mediterranean & Grand Asia Adventure YOK ROM

PACIFIC PRINCESS EXOTICS 18-May-21 K106B 53 Mediterranean & Grand Asia Adventure YOK VCE

PACIFIC PRINCESS OTHER ASIA 18-May-21 K106N 14 Southeast Asia & Japan YOK SIN

PACIFIC PRINCESS EXOTICS 1-Jun-21 K107A 39 Mediterranean & Southeast Asia Grand Adventure SIN VCE

PACIFIC PRINCESS EXOTICS 1-Jun-21 K107N 27 Mediterranean & Southeast Asia SIN ROM

PACIFIC PRINCESS TRANSATLANTIC 2-Oct-21 K116A 31 Mediterranean Grand Adventure ROM FLL PACIFIC PRINCESS TRANSATLANTIC 14-Oct-21 K117N 19 Renaissance Explorer VCE FLL

6 hours ago, Syracusefan44 said:

In addition to the CDC requirements to voyages of 7 days or less I am also concerned about the fact that the  Pacific Princess has not been upgraded with the Medallion software.  I know Princess has said that they will only use ships with Ocean Medallion post COVID19.  

I too was concerned about that statement. Caribill pointed out that Princess has subsequently walked that back so while there's no guarantee the PA won't be sold someday (and of course it eventually will), not having the Medallion won't be definitive.

It appears like Pacific is out of service after we disembark in Venice on OCT 14 and not in service again until Fort Lauderdale on Nov 16 when it is scheduled through the Panama Canal and on to the South Pacific.

Maybe they are waiting to re-jig voyages or maybe they are going to install Medallion.  Wish it was on that ship for sure. 

Maybe they are going to assign a different ship to the Med season. 

I'm booked on Pacific Princess on 5 March 2022 out of Sydney. And my booking still in tack. When I checked on availabity of cabins there only guaranteed oceanview left. 21 night PNG and Solomon Islands.

So bookings are very strong on this cruise.