MSC Meraviglia-sailings 11/21/21 - 02/27/21 from Miami are gone! :-(

monsterl

2 hours ago, quattrohead said:

Ah, your using the state "adjusted" figures.

Mine are from COVID Action site, run by the Lady who was fired from her job for not massaging the figures and now has had her home raided by the state.

Certainly a credible source.  No one has disputed the Dept of Health numbers except said lady who is looking for her 15 minutes of fame by duping people like you.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

Are you serious?  If so, these types of actions remind me of what took place in Germany in the 1930's.  

I am sure you can find video from the women's home cameras showing the officers pointing guns at her small children.

However, that brouhaha has been superseded by local newspapers breaking the story yesterday that certain reports from the Covid 19 taskforce has not been released by Florida state officials. The newspapers obtained the reports from other sources.

No idea if it has been mentioned already but I have just read on cruise hive that both Meraviglia and Divina will sail from Port Canaveral from November 2021. Armonia and Seashore will sail from Miami.

Edited by sidari

3 hours ago, sidari said:

both Meraviglia and Divina will sail from Port Canaveral from November 2021. Armonia and Seashore will sail from Miami.

I appreciate learning this, particularly concerning Meraviglia.  Have no interest in sailing from Miami ever again based on my experiences in January, 2020.  

On 12/12/2020 at 1:20 PM, rkacruiser said:

Are you serious?  If so, these types of actions remind me of what took place in Germany in the 1930's.  

You can see it online. One of the attorneys from office that issued warrant has resigned out of disgust. Guns pointed at her children by the police. Yeah, it smells a lot like what you mentioned.

7 hours ago, sidari said:

No idea if it has been mentioned already but I have just read on cruise hive that both Meraviglia and Divina will sail from Port Canaveral from November 2021. Armonia and Seashore will sail from Miami.

We were able to get our cruise back.
MSC had moved our 15 day cruise on Meraviglia, (Nov 13)  to Seashore departing  7 days later and 14 days. No notice, just had RollCall point out our cruise disappeared. 

Yesterday on MSC ,  Meraviglia , 15 day back on schedule with disembarkation in Orlando. Before we had nine ports, including 2 stops at Ocean Cay.  Now, many days at sea.  But, glad to be on Meraviglia, in YC.

18 hours ago, sidari said:

I can only pull up Armonia cruises through October 2021 departing from Miami.

As I would like to cruise on the Armonia again, I am hoping she will be moved back to Tampa (one hour from my home) as she was originally scheduled before the showdown.

I would be willing to do the repositioning cruise from Miami to Tampa.

However, until Florida state gets its act together as far as Covid 19  is concerned, I can't see much happening cruisewise in the state through at least May of this year.

To continue the ongoing saga of Covid control here in the state, the hits keep coming about the manipulation of data.  Recent investigative newspaper reports found that many of the decisions to reopen the state at the end of April and other decisions have been based on manipulated data to show the situation to be better than it actually is.

On 12/15/2020 at 7:46 PM, phissy said:

MSC had moved our 15 day cruise on Meraviglia, (Nov 13)  to Seashore departing  7 days later and 14 days. No notice, just had RollCall point out our cruise disappeared. 

Yesterday on MSC ,  Meraviglia , 15 day back on schedule with disembarkation in Orlando. Before we had nine ports, including 2 stops at Ocean Cay.  Now, many days at sea.  But, glad to be on Meraviglia, in YC.

I wanted to add that I just got new paperwork for getting our original cruise back on Nov 13.  MSC is now charging us $2,000 more . Would not even give us our original cabin back. It is still listed as available but apparently not to us.  Not happy that MSC can change us from cruise date ,ship and duration .when we request return of original date , ship and duration it now will cost us $2,000 more (YC deluxe suite).

On 12/16/2020 at 9:42 AM, Homosassa said:

I can only pull up Armonia cruises through October 2021 departing from Miami.

I can see Armonia dates sailing from Miami until Feb 28, 2022 (4 nights) but there are also some 7 night Armonia cruises in Nov., Dec., Jan, & Feb. of 2022.

There are other 2022 dates (through Nov. 2022 for Seashore, for ex.) if people are interested. 

Edited by Two Wheels Only

5 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

I can see Armonia dates sailing from Miami until Feb 28, 2022 (4 nights) but there are also some 7 night Armonia cruises in Nov., Dec., Jan, & Feb. of 2022.

There are other 2022 dates (through Nov. 2022 for Seashore, for ex.) if people are interested. 

Armonia is headed back to the Med in March 22 and only Seashore will remain in Miami.

On 12/15/2020 at 10:46 PM, phissy said:

Just noticed this post.

Perhaps you need to double check this.  All the information I can find has the Meraviglia cruising from Miami in November 2021.

FYI: No cruise ship will ever depart from or return to Orlando. The city is landlocked with no plans to build a ship canal.

11 hours ago, Homosassa said:

Just noticed this post.

Perhaps you need to double check this.  All the information I can find has the Meraviglia cruising from Miami in November 2021.

FYI: No cruise ship will ever depart from or return to Orlando. The city is landlocked with no plans to build a ship canal.

11 hours ago, Homosassa said:

Just noticed this post.

Ok, I did not want to keep typing Port Canaveral.

MSC has Meraviglia leaving Miami and re positioning to Port Canaveral.

Seashore will take over Miami cruises originally listed forMeraviglia starting Nov 20.  (This is the cruise they switched us to without notice) 

The 15 day we were able to get back on is the repositioning cruise . Leaving Miami , 7 days cruising and returning to Miami. Then those who booked 8 day or passengers like us who are in a “technical” b2b , leave Miami and then end up in Port Canaveral for disembarkation.

if you look on MSC site, you will see they have ports listed as Orlando ( Port Canaveral) or Miami. (.For Caribbean)  

If you select Caribbean for Nov 2021, you will see both ports as choices. Select Miami for embarkation and then scroll until the Meraviglia-15 day cruise . If you check itinerary, it shows disembarkation as Orlando (Port Canaveral).

Happy Holidays to all.  
Merry Christmas and Happy  and healthy New Year to all CC friends.

Edited by phissy

On 11/21/2020 at 6:42 PM, sfaaa said:

MSC moved my Dec 2021 Meraviglia cruise to Seashore without notification. Seashore looks nice but the new itinerary is not and goes to the same old Caribbean ports. Been there done that. I have mixed feeling about the unannounced switch and haven't decided to cancel or not.

We've had the same issue.  No notification from my travel agent but noticed when looking for information.  But I've noticed on our same original date and virtually the same itinerary that the Meraviglia been is still sailing but from Cape Canaveral.  Trying to see if they can change us back.

On 12/16/2020 at 3:46 AM, phissy said:

Thanks for the update.  We are still waiting to hear back if they'll put us back on the Meraviglia.  When I look at the prices of the 2 sailings (Meraviglia on the 19th Dec Vs Seashore on 23rd) the Meraviglia is slightly more expensive now.  Maybe because it is now 8 nights instead of 7.  Did you have to pay any difference in price or admin costs?  Thanks

On 12/23/2020 at 12:26 AM, phissy said:

I wanted to add that I just got new paperwork for getting our original cruise back on Nov 13.  MSC is now charging us $2,000 more . Would not even give us our original cabin back. It is still listed as available but apparently not to us.  Not happy that MSC can change us from cruise date ,ship and duration .when we request return of original date , ship and duration it now will cost us $2,000 more (YC deluxe suite).

Sorry just seeing this part now.  Not happy if they ask us to pay more.  If we've got the option I think I'd rather cancel.

14 minutes ago, Hattah said:

Thanks for the update.  We are still waiting to hear back if they'll put us back on the Meraviglia.  When I look at the prices of the 2 sailings (Meraviglia on the 19th Dec Vs Seashore on 23rd) the Meraviglia is slightly more expensive now.  Maybe because it is now 8 nights instead of 7.  Did you have to pay any difference in price or admin costs?  Thanks

Please let me know if you are successful to switch back.