8 day summer Caribbean on the Equinox

wesport

2 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

I wonder why they are starting with these cruises?  Perhaps they really don't envision sailing until May 2021.

I will tend to agree.  With other lines already announcing cancellations through April 2021...if that is the case, they already know it, and should be more forthcoming if so.

We are booked on the June 26, 2021 Equinox Eastern Caribbean for 8 nights - 6 rooms together, Mom’s 80th B-Day celebration.  Just looked - the cruise still shows on my reservations, but it doesn’t exist to book anymore.  The 7 night cruise that seems to replace it has our rooms showing as available, so it seems that they aren’t reaching out to current customers with the option to keep their bookings first.  That is a bummer.  We’ll see if they send us any notice.  We booked directly with Celebrity, and some of the family booked with big box and other TAs.

5 hours ago, cacbeausang said:

We are booked on the June 26, 2021 Equinox Eastern Caribbean for 8 nights - 6 rooms together, Mom’s 80th B-Day celebration.  Just looked - the cruise still shows on my reservations, but it doesn’t exist to book anymore.  The 7 night cruise that seems to replace it has our rooms showing as available, so it seems that they aren’t reaching out to current customers with the option to keep their bookings first.  That is a bummer.  We’ll see if they send us any notice.  We booked directly with Celebrity, and some of the family booked with big box and other TAs.

I am on the 8 night 6/12.  No notice yet. Seems like some have received the notice of the change.

2 hours ago, cruise47 said:

Will the cost be adjusted for the reduce number of sailing days?

I would hope so. From previous posts it says the fare will be protected. I would take your fare and divide it by 8 and then take that times 7. This should be the new fare if they are going to protect the fare. 

If you select Itinerary Modifications page on the X website you will see:

Celebrity Equinox - 05/29/2021, 06/12/2021, 06/26/2021, 07/10/2021

8 Night Eastern Caribbean out of Fort Lauderdale, Florida

The body of the change just posted on 11/24 states:

No action will be required on your part to sail on thismodifieditinerary. Youwill automatically be rebooked in the same stateroom, on your new 7-night sailing now departing on Sunday. Your cruise fare will be proratedtoreflect the shortened voyage and you will receive an onboard credit of $100 per stateroom. Charges for any onboard amenities pre-purchased via our Cruise Planner system will also be prorated for your reducedday of vacation.

Looks like they changed the departure date from Saturday to Sunday and dropped St Thomas.

There's much more to it, of course.  If you are on one of these cruises you should take a look at https://www.celebritycruises.com/content/dam/celebrity/pdf/deployment_mod_2021_EQ_8-Nt_Carib_to_7-Nt_Guest_Ltr_FINAL.pdf

Wonder what they'll have to do for our 9 night ABC.

Edited by cltnccruisers
additional info

I was puzzled that Celebrity is still selling 8+ day cruises early next year also.  Several cruise line including RCCL (none listed on my booking site) are not promoting 8+ until November 2021, which seems to conform to the CDC's guidelines.  There may be loads of good reasons for this, but it just made me very uncomfortable with the Celebrity at this time.  Hopefully there is a simple answer as some have pointed out.  Additionally I understand at least one (Princess) is not accepting B2Bs which go over the 7 day limit (the back door I was looking for).  Lots of details to be sorted out by everyone.

We booked this 8 day with FCC from a cancelled cruise.  We have no intention of sailing because at this point it appears cruising will be lucky to be starting up in May 21.  Masks, temp checks, and forced excursions don’t sound like a lot of fun.  We received our letter from Celebrity with the 3 options.  Option 3 clearly says 100% refund.  HOWEVER, we just got a note from our TA stating the refund would come back as our same FCC and cash.  Celebrity hasn’t extended the time to use a FCC, and they have jacked the pricing way up.  We would like to take our refund in cold cash and wait until things settle down.  Does anyone have any different info about the 100% refund?

1 hour ago, 81Zoomie said:

We booked this 8 day with FCC from a cancelled cruise.  We have no intention of sailing because at this point it appears cruising will be lucky to be starting up in May 21.  Masks, temp checks, and forced excursions don’t sound like a lot of fun.  We received our letter from Celebrity with the 3 options.  Option 3 clearly says 100% refund.  HOWEVER, we just got a note from our TA stating the refund would come back as our same FCC and cash.  Celebrity hasn’t extended the time to use a FCC, and they have jacked the pricing way up.  We would like to take our refund in cold cash and wait until things settle down.  Does anyone have any different info about the 100% refund?

As you have started a new thread with the same/similar post, you might want to ask the mods to either delete this post or merge your new thread with this one. 

As an update, we received notice (as did the other two in our group who booked directly with Celebrity) that our cruise had been modified to 7 days (we were booked on the 8 day Eastern Caribbean departing 6/26/21) and would receive one night credit pro-rated and $100 additional OBC and have the same room, etc.   I called Celebrity as those in our family who booked with the big box TA had not received notification - the rep said that those end up being group bookings and it will take longer to modify their reservation, but they will receive the same as was described to us, it will just take longer to notify them.  Also, we will have to re-link all of our reservations once this is finalized - those were dropped with the modification.  So all good for now, and we’ll see if we actually sail or not in 2021.

3 minutes ago, cacbeausang said:

As an update, we received notice (as did the other two in our group who booked directly with Celebrity) that our cruise had been modified to 7 days (we were booked on the 8 day Eastern Caribbean departing 6/26/21) and would receive one night credit pro-rated and $100 additional OBC and have the same room, etc.   I called Celebrity as those in our family who booked with the big box TA had not received notification - the rep said that those end up being group bookings and it will take longer to modify their reservation, but they will receive the same as was described to us, it will just take longer to notify them.  Also, we will have to re-link all of our reservations once this is finalized - those were dropped with the modification.  So all good for now, and we’ll see if we actually sail or not in 2021.

Good luck, hope it all works out for you!

• Like 1

I reached out to my TA since I have received nothing from Celebrity. She confirmed my 8 night 6/12 sailing is now a 7 day sailing. My original rate will be prorated for 7 days, and I will received an extra 100 dollars in OBC. I don't need to do anything and I will have the same state room.  Fine with me. 

• Like 1

On 11/25/2020 at 4:47 AM, wesport said:

I am on the 8 night 6/12.  No notice yet. Seems like some have received the notice of the change.

I received a e mail from celebrity for this cruise. It is a 7 night with St Thomas deleted. We will get 100.00 OBC and a refund of one eight of our cruise fare back on your credit card. I am booked on the six day western before this. That cruise will be 7 nights a 100 OBC and a free night added.  Costa Maya will be the added port. See you in june

57 minutes ago, toddmanka said:

I received a e mail from celebrity for this cruise. It is a 7 night with St Thomas deleted. We will get 100.00 OBC and a refund of one eight of our cruise fare back on your credit card. I am booked on the six day western before this. That cruise will be 7 nights a 100 OBC and a free night added.  Costa Maya will be the added port. See you in june

I reached out to my TA . she confirmed same cabin, 100 obc, and will be issuing a new invoice with protected rate prorated to remove one day from my final payment. Hope it’s a go at this stage.

16 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

Have you asked if you will be allowed to sail on both sailings B2B?

No i have not asked  Might have to pack up and come back in a couple of hours  Good question will call celebrity and let u know

9 hours ago, toddmanka said:

No i have not asked  Might have to pack up and come back in a couple of hours  Good question will call celebrity and let u know

Talked to celebrity and I stay in the same cabin doing back to back and all i have to do is the same get off and get back on   Hopefully we will be sailing before then

53 minutes ago, toddmanka said:

Talked to celebrity and I stay in the same cabin doing back to back and all i have to do is the same get off and get back on   Hopefully we will be sailing before then

Hope they are right but in the Covid Era that sounds a little far fetched.

• Like 2

So after confirming with my TA about the 6/12 8 night which is now the 6/13 7 night, nothing from Celebrity, and my reservation still has the 8 night listed. They are selling the 7 night, and my cabin is showing available. Wondering how I will get the same cabin if someone books my cabin on the 7 night. 

On 11/28/2020 at 5:20 AM, wesport said:

So after confirming with my TA about the 6/12 8 night which is now the 6/13 7 night, nothing from Celebrity, and my reservation still has the 8 night listed. They are selling the 7 night, and my cabin is showing available. Wondering how I will get the same cabin if someone books my cabin on the 7 night. 

The same thing applies to us for the 7/10 8 night which is now 7/11 7 night so I created a courtesy hold for our cabin. They have not modified our resv yet and I did not want to fight to get it back.  I expected Celebrity to remove already booked cabins from inventory before making the sailing available to the public, giving us the opportunity to rebook, but they didn't.  IMO, not very good customer service.  What would happen if someone booked our cabin?  Would Celebrity tell them 'sorry you can't have it after all. We made a mistake'?  I would not be happy if I were in their shoes either!