IT'S NOT ABOUT YOU OR ME, IT'S ABOUT US.

Spif Barwunkel

Just now, basenji56 said:

Did they do away with the one scoop of gelato!?  If so, that's the last straw.  I'm done.

Understandable, we all have our breaking point!  For me it will be the coffee at cafe al bacio, you know the one where they put the standard coffee in the pot and then everyone thinks it was just roasted in Costa Rica.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, LGW59 said:

Fain gave up his salary in April thru at least September.  Other execs took a 25% salary reduction.  They still have a company to keep viable and are working harder now than ever before.  I say good on RCL/Celebrity, look forward to cruising with you again!

What exactly are they working harder on? If they are working hard on anything it had to be the all inclusive deal, not anything to get them back on the seas.

It’s been eight months down, and they must have had some type of idea what they had to do. They also got the tentative ok from the CDC on some specifics over three weeks ago, and still not a word.

If it wasn’t all the positive comments on the progress with viruses, the way the virus is growing, they would be working paperwork for Chapter 11.

Nero fiddles while Rome burns.

6 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

What exactly are they working harder on? If they are working hard on anything it had to be the all inclusive deal, not anything to get them back on the seas.

It’s been eight months down, and they must have had some type of idea what they had to do. They also got the tentative ok from the CDC on some specifics over three weeks ago, and still not a word.

If it wasn’t all the positive comments on the progress with viruses, the way the virus is growing, they would be working paperwork for Chapter 11.

Nero fiddles while Rome burns.

The CDC document is 40 pages of rules/regulations/protocols and came out as the spike hit.  Yes, I think the lines have been working on solving the VERY difficult problem to get their ships sailing with passengers again.  Why in the world would they do anything else?  You don't really think they just want to go belly up do you?   Pretty self defeating for all involved.  Sorry completely disagree with you. 

1 minute ago, Gracie115 said:

The CDC document is 40 pages of rules/regulations/protocols and came out as the spike hit.  Yes, I think the lines have been working on solving the VERY difficult problem to get their ships sailing with passengers again.  Why in the world would they do anything else?  You don't really think they just want to go belly up do you?   Pretty self defeating for all involved.  Sorry completely disagree with you. 

Agreed!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gracie115 said:

People need to get it out of their heads that 40 pages of regulations is a lot. It really isn't. 

For example, the CDC's vessel sanitation program, which all cruise ships that call in the US must comply with (and that forms the basis of the sanitation scores that ships receive) is almost 300 pages in length, and I am not joking:

https://www.cdc.gov/nceh/vsp/docs/vsp_operations_manual_2018-508.pdf

Plus, the lines had already received fairly clear guidance from the CDC regarding what would be required for a restart, as well as seeing how the European lines that started sailing in the late summer season managed it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gracie115 said:

Back to the point, what exactly are they working on and what kind of progress have they made, if any. I think they owe that much to their loyal customers, after all it’s been over eight months with no true end in sight. By their actions, or lack of, I think they are waiting for it to go away or that public pressure will prevail and they’ll we able to do as they please. Guess what? Neither one of those is going to happen.

One mentioned he doesn´t like to be lied to by the marketing people. Since when do we NOT take Markteing stragies without a grain of salt...! LOL.

Having sailed with Tui- Cruises for the first time this year - forced to do so by the Virus - I can see that X is going in the exact same direction. You have an always included price, to that you can add what you favor- or need - or is matching your tastes.

They have no loyality level.

I am Elite plus with X and I don´t feel in any way cheated out of my hard earned benefits- they are still there - it is just a bit different and adjusted to the new concept.

I have the feeling that X will do away with all loyality tears in the future- maybe I am wrong, but even if they do so- would that stopp me to sail with them- CERTAINLY NOT.

• Like 5

As E  plus you get  lots of wifi, and other perks. We always took 2 perks (OBC and the Clasic Alcohol plan..mostly for convenience, tea, water.) Only  booking that we still have is an entry  level suite that comes with all the perks.

From my understanding,  now some of the E+ perks  are built into the elevated pricing...We haven't priced or booked  anything and don't plan to until we take our lifted and shifted cruise on Ref in 2022  and use up our FCC..

1 hour ago, grandgeezer said:

Back to the point, what exactly are they working on and what kind of progress have they made, if any. I think they owe that much to their loyal customers, after all it’s been over eight months with no true end in sight. By their actions, or lack of, I think they are waiting for it to go away or that public pressure will prevail and they’ll we able to do as they please. Guess what? Neither one of those is going to happen.

Did they forget to give you regular briefings?

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

Plus, the lines had already received fairly clear guidance from the CDC regarding what would be required for a restart, as well as seeing how the European lines that started sailing in the late summer season managed it.

Those lines did not have to meet any CDC requirements for those sailings in Europe.  CDC only has jurisdiction over USA ports. I'm pretty sure all of them have now stopped sailing again with the spike in cases everywhere.

I read the 40 page document and while it may not be "long" as compared to the vessel sanitation one, it is a set of new protocols, a lot of them, that they now have to adhere to in addition to vessel sanitation guidelines.  

I think X and all lines recognize that filling ships, even at half full, will be difficult until the spike in cases is halted and are just trying to stay "afloat" financially until then.. (pun intended🙂)

1 hour ago, Gracie115 said:

Those lines did not have to meet any CDC requirements for those sailings in Europe.  CDC only has jurisdiction over USA ports. I'm pretty sure all of them have now stopped sailing again with the spike in cases everywhere.

While true, the ships had to introduce many of the same changes the CDC is requesting, so they provide a pretty good template for other lines to follow -- in other words, they don't have to reinvent the wheel, just refine it.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, ChucktownSteve said:

Did they forget to give you regular briefings?

The problem is that they didn't give anybody any briefings. Either they have accomplished nothing or they don't care enough about their loyal customers to keep them informed. Probably a bit of both.

I find it ironic that they have lost billions of dollars so far, and no real end in sight, but they sit back as quiet as church mice. They are still drawing a paycheck so what's the rush?

1 hour ago, grandgeezer said:

The problem is that they didn't give anybody any briefings. Either they have accomplished nothing or they don't care enough about their loyal customers to keep them informed. Probably a bit of both.

I find it ironic that they have lost billions of dollars so far, and no real end in sight, but they sit back as quiet as church mice. They are still drawing a paycheck so what's the rush?

I suspect they've been busy trying to comply with the CLIA and CDC guidelines/requirements preparing to sail again. They have to refit the ships for air,  quarantine and social distancing areas. They're developing protocols.  Their plate is.  I'd guess when there is something concrete to announce, they'll do it.  Dispensing partial information would not necessarily be productive.  I personally don't need to know how they're making the sausage.  I just want it to taste good when they're done.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, ChucktownSteve said:

I personally don't need to know how they're making the sausage.  I just want it to taste good when they're done.

I suspect there are some who like regular updates on their progress. Just like when you order food from Uber Eats, you like to have an approximate idea of how your order is progressing rather than just having it land on your doorstep at some random time in the future...😉

Also, these lines employ communications professionals; it's not like they would be taking someone away from implementation actions in order to provide updates.

Edited by cruisemom42

On 11/22/2020 at 11:01 AM, Pinboy said:

LOL--- Who's the " US " ?  It's ME, ME, ME as exhibited by the number of CCers that are upset at Celebrity taking away some of their Status Loyalty Benefits.

I could care less about a friggin " one scoop of gelato " , an " Interview with the CD "  ( That's a laugh !! ) or  a " Meet and Greet with SR Officers " . 

Just offer a " fair " price with the option to select the AI or " Go Solo " and we're in.

However, as I've said several times--- Include the Gratuities in the price with  " absolutely no removal possible under any circumstances ".

You do realize the focus of your post is what you personally care about and believe?  So I guess you fit right in with the rest of the CCers of which you speak

13 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

You do realize the focus of your post is what you personally care about and believe?  So I guess you fit right in with the rest of the CCers of which you speak

You did notice the opening, LOL - perhaps Pinboy was just adding a bit of levity, to a lot of nonsense.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ChucktownSteve said:

I suspect they've been busy trying to comply with the CLIA and CDC guidelines/requirements preparing to sail again. They have to refit the ships for air,  quarantine and social distancing areas. They're developing protocols.  Their plate is.  I'd guess when there is something concrete to announce, they'll do it.  Dispensing partial information would not necessarily be productive.  I personally don't need to know how they're making the sausage.  I just want it to taste good when they're done.

Wouldn’t you like to know about when you can expect the sausage whether it be next week, next month, next year, or never, so you can plan accordingly.

I suspect they are waiting for one of the other lines to come up with the solution so they can copy it, like they’ve done with the shutdown extensions.

If they stay true to form, they’ll announce it the week before they roll it out.

23 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

Wouldn’t you like to know about when you can expect the sausage whether it be next week, next month, next year, or never, so you can plan accordingly.

I suspect they are waiting for one of the other lines to come up with the solution so they can copy it, like they’ve done with the shutdown extensions.

If they stay true to form, they’ll announce it the week before they roll it out.

It sounds like you don't appreciate Queen Lisa treating you like a mushroom. They keep you in the dark and feed you manure.