New vaccine

hollyjess

55 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Sometimes our government get it right, sometimes wrong. The gamble of £millions was right and the rollout also. They have taken so much flack for the errors that I think a bit of gloating would have been justified. Watching the interviews over the weekend about our EU friends I was thinking go on at least gloat a little bit, go on, just a gloatette.🤣

In this situation gloating about other countries misfortune is not a good idea as people will be dying in those countries because of no fault of their own 😠

• Like 11

This situation in Europe really does show the problems when you are trying to deal with 27 countries and someone gets it wrong.  I believe Germany and France are helping Portugal by flying patients out to their countries.  Let's face it the EU commission got this entirely wrong.  

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Hi Andy, my friend in London had her Pfizer back on 9th Jan and was given a second date, but my husband and people I know round here, none of us have a second date.

My wife was told they would telephone her with a second date in around 12 weeks time.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Maybe book the first one and then go back and book the second.  majority of people I know have no second jab booked.

My father has his Pfizer jab last Friday in the mass hub and I was just told that the 2nd would be in 11 wks, appointment by letter. My mother had hers in the local surgery and has already been given a firm second appointment in 9 wks. 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, kalos said:

Did all go well with your jab today ?

Really could not have been better.  Arrived 15 minutes early, but was told to join the queue which moved quite quickly.  Given a card and a form, went to one of the desks, nice doctor who asked me a few questions, had the jab, told her she had done it before!!  She agreed!  Out and back in the car - 12 minutes.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, jeanlyon said:

Really could not have been better.  Arrived 15 minutes early, but was told to join the queue which moved quite quickly.  Given a card and a form, went to one of the desks, nice doctor who asked me a few questions, had the jab, told her she had done it before!!  She agreed!  Out and back in the car - 12 minutes.

Great news ! You could not have wanted for better :classic_smile:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

No neither me nor my husband have a second date.

Neither did my sister and BIL, they were told they would be contacted. Do you think that could be because they are unsure of the date? At first we were given 3 weeks which has now escalated to 3 months, and that was due to the number of vaccines they had. If there are more doses of vaccine left after all the groups have had their first they could begin the second doses earlier than thought. Just an idea. I don't know if I've exlpained it properly, what's in my head doesn't always transfer sensibly to paper🙃

Avril

Avril

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Neither did my sister and BIL, they were told they would be contacted. Do you think that could be because they are unsure of the date? At first we were given 3 weeks which has now escalated to 3 months, and that was due to the number of vaccines they had. If there are more doses of vaccine left after all the groups have had their first they could begin the second doses earlier than thought. Just an idea. I don't know if I've exlpained it properly, what's in my head doesn't always transfer sensibly to paper🙃

Avril

Avril

Some people are getting their second vaccine, I don't know what the criteria is or whether it is only certain area's but the second dose figures are going up daily on the government site.

• Like 2

Persistence paid off First jab Friday 5th   Second jab April 30th

This new centre is 1 mile  a bit further than across the road 

but maybe safer.  Also I can go in the car and wait  so wont

freeze to death.

Cant remember if it was on the main news or local news but

the Centre at Blackburn Cathedral where they first wanted me to go to

( no on site Parking) had a three hour wait out in the freezing cold today.

Not ideal for us elderly types.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

Just back from being Astra Zenica'd.  In and out of the building in 12 minutes.  Also you don't need to wait for 15 minutes unlike the Pfizer one.  So I'm done and very happy about it.

Boots made me wait 15 minutes afterwards, because I was driving, and ours was the AZ vaccine.

15 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

I just received a facecloth message that vaccination has started at the John Smith stadium. For those not in the know that is where Uddersfield town play footie.

Should be their biggest ever crowd then.

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

No neither me nor my husband have a second date.

In the Nottingham area, the hubs vaccine appointments are organised through the "Swiftqueue" website and we have 7 hubs currently with others due to come onstream. With the Swiftqueue system you are automatically assigned a date for your 2nd jab when you book the first. Wife and I were jabbed last Friday and we have 17th April as the date for our 2nd jab.

All worked well to a degree although I had a problem with the jab booking system. After registering on the Swiftqueue platform I selected a hub and and appointment time for my jab. The system then allowed you to add a family member and I added my wife and selected a time for her jab 10 mins after mine. However when I got to the end of the process my appointment had disappeared from the summary page at the end. However I did receive a text and an email confirmation.

When we turned up last Friday it turned out that I was indeed AWOL from their system. However the young lady in reception quickly added me back in and all went through smoothly. I now have another text and email confirming my 2nd jab date in April.

Everything was very well organised and we were in and out within 30mins including the 15min waiting time as we had the Pfizer jab.

• Like 2

Good Morning Everyone.

Just an update from a besieged vaccine hub in London. Things that were running so well have all gone pear-shaped. The arrival of the mass vaccination sites has led to total confusion. Multiple patients are being invited by letter to book an appointment to have a jab they had 10 days ago. They think they're being invited for a second jab, we know they're not. Confusion reigns. We no longer have a clear idea of what drops of vaccine we can expect. On Sunday, loads of people arrived, uninvited, unexpected, demanding their vaccines NOW. Someone had posted on Facecloth that anyone could turn up to receive a jab (thanks for that)  and it all got very unpleasant. Those walking frames and sticks can do real damage let me tell you. Anyway, the upshot is that we have to employ a security guard for the forthcoming weekend. Never mind masks and face-shields, I'll be wearing a stab-vest and carrying a truncheon on Sunday! 

On a totally different topic I've decided I'm not going on my planned QE British Isles cruise (hopefully it will be cancelled and I'll get my deposit back) in June. I've been reading some of the posts and roll-calls on that site and decided I'll be like a fish out of water. I'm sticking to P&O and you guys from hereon.

Oh well, I'd better get on and sort out my protective clothing.

Have a great day everyone and Graham, once again, good luck for tomorrow.

Best wishes all.

Jane.x

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Very interesting statistic re vaccine take up. Dr David Lloyd, a very well respected GP from Harrow who regularly appears on Sky News, just said that they have now vaccinated 17% of their population so far in Harrow. He then went on to say that 20% of BAME community members have refused the vaccine when offered it, compared to just 1 or 2% of everyone else. Given the enormous BAME community that we now have in the UK, if those statistics are replicated nationally then that’s an awful lot of people who will remain unprotected, yet are in a high risk group. You can’t help those who don’t want to help themselves but sadly, with this pandemic, the actions (or inactions) of a minority can have ramifications for everyone. 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Good Morning Everyone.

Just an update from a besieged vaccine hub in London. Things that were running so well have all gone pear-shaped. The arrival of the mass vaccination sites has led to total confusion. Multiple patients are being invited by letter to book an appointment to have a jab they had 10 days ago. They think they're being invited for a second jab, we know they're not. Confusion reigns. We no longer have a clear idea of what drops of vaccine we can expect. On Sunday, loads of people arrived, uninvited, unexpected, demanding their vaccines NOW. Someone had posted on Facecloth that anyone could turn up to receive a jab (thanks for that)  and it all got very unpleasant. Those walking frames and sticks can do real damage let me tell you. Anyway, the upshot is that we have to employ a security guard for the forthcoming weekend. Never mind masks and face-shields, I'll be wearing a stab-vest and carrying a truncheon on Sunday! 

On a totally different topic I've decided I'm not going on my planned QE British Isles cruise (hopefully it will be cancelled and I'll get my deposit back) in June. I've been reading some of the posts and roll-calls on that site and decided I'll be like a fish out of water. I'm sticking to P&O and you guys from hereon.

Oh well, I'd better get on and sort out my protective clothing.

Have a great day everyone and Graham, once again, good luck for tomorrow.

Best wishes all.

Jane.x

Thank you Jane, so sorry you have to face this. 

It all stems from confusion and worry, these people are scared and misled, but it's no excuse to make you feel threatened. 

What a mess we are all in... 

Good shout to stick with us degenerates, we are all good people at heart. 

Stay safe 

Andy 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Multiple patients are being invited by letter to book an appointment to have a jab they had 10 days ago. They think they're being invited for a second jab, we know they're not.

Maybe have a copy of the invite letter on hand  and point to the sentence

that says " If you've  had your first vaccine dose already, ignore this letter....."

That should cut down on trying to explain through a mask. 🙂

• Like 1