New vaccine

hollyjess

2 minutes ago, purplesea said:

Our GP's surgery is still only vaccinating those over 70. My daughter who lives in Truro and has an compromised immune system has been vaccinated at her GP's. So although we are both in the same NHS region there are big differences within only about 20 miles.

Good to hear that your daughter has had her jab. If her immune system is compromised she could well be in Group 4, which is the same group as those aged 70-74.

• Like 1

There is an interesting article about European vaccine roll out in todays MOS, These are some of the top countries by percentage of population vaccinated.

UK  -                     21.6

Serbia   -               10.6

Malta  -                 10.5 

Iceland  -                5.8

Switzerland  -         5.6

Norway -                 5.3

I wonder if you notice a trend here?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Harry Peterson said:

I had to look Ruth Langsford up to see who she is, but maybe, as Josy suggests, it’s intended to encourage people to get vaccinated. For some bizarre reason people follow celebrities.

That's why SM sites like Twitter are so successful..

1 minute ago, terrierjohn said:

Crikey if I took my bat home every time my comments were dismissed I would be exhausted!!!!

But then you are slightly right wing of Genghis Khan John 😀

I say that with love as I really enjoy reading your views, it is interesting to get a different perspective. It is all too easy to sit in a bubble with views that reflect our own. We only grow when we consider all the arguments.

• Like 11

22 minutes ago, kalos said:

Just an afterthought , has anyone else who has had the vaccine had the Metro,

Daily Mail/Mirror ,OK magazine turn up to see their jab in progress ? :classic_unsure:

Certainly.  Every one of them.

[But I did tell them I'd be having it stark naked, painted bright blue, and hanging upside down from a 50 metre crane perched on top of the local Starbucks.]

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Certainly.  Every one of them.

[But I did tell them I'd be having it stark naked, painted bright blue, and hanging upside down from a 50 metre crane perched on top of the local Starbucks.]

That's taking a bat created pandemic just a bit too far!!!!

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Crikey if I took my bat home every time my comments were dismissed I would be exhausted!!!!

Blimey, everyone seems a bit tetchy this morning, this is the second one leaving... 

From what others have said, Michelle should not have had her jab yet as being 51 with health conditions, but there was no way we were saying no... 

Efficiency between areas may have something to do with it. Our surgery group has dedicated one site 7 days a week from 7am to 9pm, a neighbouring one is just doing Saturdays? 

Andy

• Like 4

2 hours ago, kalos said:

What ??   Where has anyone dissed your view :classic_wacko:

I think Bobs reaction is because he's totally frustrated  about getting his wife's vaccination done, and under the circumstances, who can blame him.

Avril

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I think Bobs reaction is because he's totally frustrated  about getting his wife's vaccination done, and under the circumstances, who can blame him.

Avril

Which is fully understandable .

• Like 4

Hopefully no-one is suggesting that people in the 60-64 age group should refuse to accept the vaccination if they are offered it because they think that it is not yet their proper turn. Different areas, vaccination centres and surgeries are moving at different paces and if they have vaccine availability, surely they should use it rather than saying centre x a few miles away is still on a higher age group, even though they have been working flat out. It was inevitable that the demographics of an area would result in some getting ahead and others getting behind. Far better this way than following the pace of those who for whatever reason have fallen behind. Everybody will be offered the vaccine and at current speed, it shouldn’t take too long before all over50s and those with clinical needs have had their first dose. I understand the frustration of some but we should be positive and grateful that we have got so far, so fast.

Edited by pete14
  • Like 10

40 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

There is an interesting article about European vaccine roll out in todays MOS, These are some of the top countries by percentage of population vaccinated.

UK  -                     21.6

Serbia   -               10.6

Malta  -                 10.5 

Iceland  -                5.8

Switzerland  -         5.6

Norway -                 5.3

I wonder if you notice a trend here?

Is it specific on the criteria for being ‘vaccinated’? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Blimey, everyone seems a bit tetchy this morning, this is the second one leaving... 

From what others have said, Michelle should not have had her jab yet as being 51 with health conditions, but there was no way we were saying no... 

Efficiency between areas may have something to do with it. Our surgery group has dedicated one site 7 days a week from 7am to 9pm, a neighbouring one is just doing Saturdays? 

Andy

Absolutely Michelle should have had her jab as she needs to be kept safe and well.

Providing the vaccine is legitimately offered from the NHS, no one should refuse or feel embarrassed.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Hopefully no-one is suggesting that people in the 60-64 age group should refuse to accept the vaccination if they are offered it because they think that it is not yet their proper turn. Different areas, vaccination centres and surgeries are moving at different paces and if they have vaccine availability, surely they should use it rather than saying centre x a few miles away is still on a higher age group, even though they have been working flat out. It was inevitable that the demographics of an area would result in some getting ahead and others getting behind. Far better this way than following the pace of those who for whatever reason have fallen behind. Everybody will be offered the vaccine and at current speed, it shouldn’t take too long before all over50s and those with clinical needs have had their first dose.

I agree with all your comments and good luck to everyone who gets there jab out of turn.

It just hits a nerve seeing celebs boasting about it. I certainly would keep quiet, but we are all different.

I make no apologises wanting my wife to have the vaccine, when her turn arrives.

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

Is it specific on the criteria for being ‘vaccinated’? 

I saw this morning (I'll try and find it again) that the UK is top of the list for the first jab - and bottom for full vaccination of 2 jabs.

How you regard that as a result depends on whether you feel that half-a-jab is better than none, or whether there should have been a slower rollout in order to give 2 jabs.

I'm in the half-a-jab is better camp, but it really, really annoys me when so much of the media (and the Gov themselves at time) keep going on about it as if the full dose has been given, not just the 1st (which I am still waiting for - 65 plus group, no letter, no contact).

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, nosapphire said:

I saw this morning (I'll try and find it again) that the UK is top of the list for the first jab - and bottom for full vaccination of 2 jabs.

How you regard that as a result depends on whether you feel that half-a-jab is better than none, or whether there should have been a slower rollout in order to give 2 jabs.

I'm in the half-a-jab is better camp, but it really, really annoys me when so much of the media (and the Gov themselves at time) keep going on about it as if the full dose has been given, not just the 1st (which I am still waiting for - 65 plus group, no letter, no contact).

If you are in the over 65 age group, you do not need to wait for a letter.  Go online and you should be able to get an appointment.  

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

But then you are slightly right wing of Genghis Khan John 😀

I say that with love as I really enjoy reading your views, it is interesting to get a different perspective. It is all too easy to sit in a bubble with views that reflect our own. We only grow when we consider all the arguments.

You won't have to grapple with my views as I haven't got a clue what a Ruth Langsdown is. Is he that bloke from hi Di hi, or a masked singer🤣

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nosapphire said:

I was never happy with the plan to detract from the protocol to give the vaccine at 13 weeks instead of 3. However with evidence over the last few weeks I think the right decision was made, deaths in over 80s has fallen twice as fast as deaths in over 60s since mid Jan, this is a clear indication that the people vaccinated in Dec/early Jan have benefitted from the vaccine and more lives have been saved overall. 

• Like 1