New vaccine

hollyjess

41 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

UPDATE

Well our excellent GP surgery has delivered. My wife and I both had texts this morning from our surgery inviting us to book our jabs. We both clicked the link at exactly the same time in the hope that we could get the same date and time and my wife was able to book tomorrow morning but the earliest I could get was Friday 26th. I assumed that this was because my wife has MS and I am her carer, so would understandably have to wait a bit longer, but my wife called them and explained that I would be wheeling her in for her jab tomorrow, so they very kindly changed my appointment to 10 minutes after hers. 

What a relief. It’s been a frustrating few days trying (without success) to book online, having been told that we should be able to do so. My thoughts are with the other group 6 people, and their Carers, who are still trying to book. It seems as though it’s a bit of a lottery depending on how efficient your GP practice is (given that booking online isn’t available). Fingers crossed for all of you that you get some good news very soon. 

That is great news.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

UPDATE

Well our excellent GP surgery has delivered. My wife and I both had texts this morning from our surgery inviting us to book our jabs. We both clicked the link at exactly the same time in the hope that we could get the same date and time and my wife was able to book tomorrow morning but the earliest I could get was Friday 26th. I assumed that this was because my wife has MS and I am her carer, so would understandably have to wait a bit longer, but my wife called them and explained that I would be wheeling her in for her jab tomorrow, so they very kindly changed my appointment to 10 minutes after hers. 

What a relief. It’s been a frustrating few days trying (without success) to book online, having been told that we should be able to do so. My thoughts are with the other group 6 people, and their Carers, who are still trying to book. It seems as though it’s a bit of a lottery depending on how efficient your GP practice is (given that booking online isn’t available). Fingers crossed for all of you that you get some good news very soon. 

I am delighted for you both, Selbourne; wonderful news and thank goodness for that. Any other Group 6-ers been able to book yet?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

Delighted for those getting the jab. Postcode lottery when some in group 7 are getting it and group 6 are still waiting and they are at risk. 

It is a postcode lottery: Tom Newton Dunn reports that a 52 year old friend, no medical conditions, was given a first jab in Battersea yesterday. By next week this surgery will have completed all nine at risk groups and are wondering what to do next.

Perhaps they'd like to come to Norfolk and everywhere else where group 6 people are still waiting.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, AnnieC said:

I am delighted for you both, Selbourne; wonderful news and thank goodness for that. Any other Group 6-ers been able to book yet?

Had my vaccination less than an hour ago at GP surgery. Straight in and straight out despite being 10 minutes early. Volunteers outside directing car parking and welcoming those being injected and showing them where to go. Brilliant effort by all involved so thanks are very much in order. I think I will take to my bed for a day or two now in the expectation of tea and sympathy. 

• Like 10

1 minute ago, AnnieC said:

It is a postcode lottery: Tom Newton Dunn reports that a 52 year old friend, no medical conditions, was given a first jab in Battersea yesterday. By next week this surgery will have completed all nine at risk groups and are wondering what to do next.

Perhaps they'd like to come to Norfolk and everywhere else where group 6 people are still waiting.

Then the distribution is at fault. Why give a surgery more than they need and others run out ?  This making me mad.

• Like 6

Just now, AnnieC said:

I booked Monday and got jabbed yesterday, I booked on the NHS app/web, at 64 I am not 100% sure which group I was supposed to be in, none of my underlying health issues qualify me for 6? so assumed 7. I pressed the relevant buttons and got an appointment. I had a slightly sore arm this morning which has now worn off, I had the AZ jab and booked a second appointment at the same time as the first.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, bobstheboy said:

Then the distribution is at fault. Why give a surgery more than they need and others run out ?  This making me mad.

I can understand your frustration, it does seem strange that there is such a difference, you would think with the current shortage of vaccine they would make sure the hubs/surgeries, etc that were behind got what was available so they could catch up

• Like 2

1 hour ago, majortom10 said:

Just received telephone call from my GP Surgery appointments made for both my wife and I for Friday at County Showground in Stafford. Both aged 61 and neither of us have underlying health conditions (except wife on medication for high blood pressure which is not a classifying condition for vaccine). Over the moon and cannot wait.

My sister is vaccinating at the County Showground.

Edited by Josy1953
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

Its not that simple.  The vaccine comes in batches and the cold chain must be maintained.  Therefore when a individual GP surgery has less patients in a catagory it makes perfect sense to go down to the next one to ensure all the vaccine is used.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Dinglebert said:

Not if they have the vaccine to give.  The 2nd doses for the older public will be back at the GP surgeries.  The vaccination for the younger will be at the big hubs as they can get there.

I already have my 2nd jab booked at Boots pharmacy, not at a GP surgery.

I understand individual’s frustration but I still think (hope) that everything is being worked out locally, so there are differences around the country BUT the programme is generally going very well and patience for just a few more days will allow the organisers to meet their targets wrt the priority groups.   There will be apparent anomalies, which have a logical explanation, there will probably be a few real anomalies as a result of human error.

Just a little while later, everyone, and as I’ve said before, you’re not missing anything - there’s no fun out there, so we vaccinated people aren’t having it all before you get the chance

Delighted to hear of more and more vaxx and appointments for vaxx

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Selbourne said:

UPDATE

That’s brilliant news for you both

Michelle

9 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Maybe you are not "the older public" mine is at John Smith stadium again, there was a big crowd yesterday😁

I would have thought that all over 75s would be part of the older public.

Edited by terrierjohn
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Selbourne said:

UPDATE

I'm delighted for you Selbourne and for your dear wife.

Graham.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, majortom10 said:

Just received telephone call from my GP Surgery appointments made for both my wife and I for Friday at County Showground in Stafford. Both aged 61 and neither of us have underlying health conditions (except wife on medication for high blood pressure which is not a classifying condition for vaccine). Over the moon and cannot wait.

Good news for you both Tom.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dinglebert said:

Not if they have the vaccine to give.  The 2nd doses for the older public will be back at the GP surgeries.  The vaccination for the younger will be at the big hubs as they can get there.

My second dose is booked for the hub. 

1 minute ago, bobstheboy said:

Wife's friend, same age, no underlying health conditions, lives 10 miles away, just had text and gets jab tomorrow at GP's. Don't anyone try to tell me there isn't distribution anomalies and a postcost lottery. Our GP hasn't had any for over a week.

Can your wife book on the NHS website Bob? There was a lot of alternatives for me.