Just Booked Celebrity Silhouette January 4, 2022

Yvonne

So excited, and happy to have a cruise to look forward to again!  We have cruised several times each with Disney, Carnival and Royal Caribbean.  Our last cruise was almost 2 years ago, February 2019 on Oasis of the Seas.  We have been wanting to try Celebrity and after reading a few reviews, looking at photos and videos we booked it this morning, an aft-facing stateroom on deck 8.  This will be our second aft balcony room and I’m really excited about it.  

So, what I’m looking for is detailed reviews, with loads of photos.  Would love to read all of the reviews I can, if you would care to share.  Also, please tell me what you loved and didn’t like about your cruise on this ship.

Our booking includes drinks, alcoholic and non-alcohol but didn’t really see any detailed info so if anyone can tell me more that would be great.  It includes WiFi and tips as well.  The cruise is a 10-night Caribbean,  so maybe not many children on board?  We will both be 64 at the time of the cruise.  I’m praying all the COVID related issues will be behind us by then🙂

Also, I think our Royal cruise points will be applied to this cruise, am I right?  How does that work?

Edited by Yvonne

Hi

My husband and I were on Silhouette February/March 2020.

I wrote a review with pictures linked in my signature if you want to read more about it.

In a nutshell, it was great.  That was only our second Celebrity cruise, first one was on Reflection.  We have mainly cruised with Royal Caribbean, but we love Celebrity  too now.

Noreen

• Like 1

There are generally fewer children on Celebrity ships than on RCI ships which really cater to families with children. You won't see many on a longer cruise. If you are Diamond or above on RCI you will be Elite on Celebrity. This will get you a few things like one free gelato and some free laundry. 

• Like 1

I think you will love the Celebrity experience.  The staff on-board are amazing, food is great in MDR's, Luminae etc.  Never been on Silhouette but have done Summit pre-refurb, and loved it.  Cannot say enough positive things about EDGE, just wow!  Celebrity knows how to do it right and it has shown on every cruise I've done with them.  Enjoy!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yvonne said:

Oh Noreen, it was your terrific reviews I read, and your wonderful photos that convinced me to talk to my husband about booking the silhouette!😁

Hi.  I’m glad my review helped you choose Silhouette (and try Celebrity).  I learn so much on cruise critic, I’m always happy when I can give back and help others.  If you have any questions just ask.  I love talking about cruises and can’t wait to be able to cruise again.

Stay safe and healthy

Noreen

• Like 1

we just switched our booking to this cruise!  we were originally on the jan 4, 2022 sailing on the EDGE, but that was cancelled, and the Silhouette took its place. Edge and Apex just doing 7 night carribean sailings for winter 2021-2022.  As I've been on the silhouette, we were fine with this,AND they honored the price of our original edge cruise.

• Like 1

Hi there! We also have recently booked the Silhouette for Feb. 14, 2022. We were originally on the Constellation this Christmas but it's cancelled and then rebooked on the Edge for Feb. 14, 2022. Again they cancelled and now we're on the Silhouette like everyone else here. This is also our first Celebrity cruise and I'm very excited since we also have a rear facing cabin.  How does the Royal Crown and Anchor points work, I don't think they match up but I'd be very happy if they did. I've joined the Captains Club if that's a thing, not sure. We are scheduled to cruise on Royal next Thanksgiving but I'm more excited for the Celebrity cruise since it is totally new to us.  Future planning seems to be a good pandemic stress reliever so thank you for those responding to questions or sharing your experiences.  

The biggest difference we found when we swapped from cruising RC to Celebrity was the better dining experience across the board. By dining experience I mean food quality, choices, service and ambience.

The buffet, whilst busy, never had that ‘manic’ experience we had found on RC. In the evenings it really is a nice casual venue in its own right offering lots of variety.

The MDR offers decent food and waiters we found just that bit more attentive...

The speciality restaurants really are special and the variety of them on Silhouette really is excellent.

Murano’s, a truly elegant experience (without being stuffy).

Tuscan, relaxing Italian steak house with fantastic views.

Lawn Grill, outside venue really is dining at sea.

The Porch, also outside, very relaxing option.

Le Petit Chef, novel fun experience.

Sushi on 5, serves more than Sushi, enjoyable sea day lunches as well as during the evening.

Strongly recommend you get a dining package to really make the most of your cruise.

You will see few children. However, even on cruises during holiday periods we have never found children on Celebrity to be an issue.

The general difference between the two lines is RC focuses on ‘Entertainment and Action’ whereas Celebrity focuses on ‘Rest and Relaxation’. Entertainment and shows on Celebrity are not as flamboyant as on Royal...Never an issue for us. Lots of relaxing bars, good company and a bit of live music is Celebrity’s strength.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Butterfly625 said:

Hi there! We also have recently booked the Silhouette for Feb. 14, 2022. We were originally on the Constellation this Christmas but it's cancelled and then rebooked on the Edge for Feb. 14, 2022. Again they cancelled and now we're on the Silhouette like everyone else here. This is also our first Celebrity cruise and I'm very excited since we also have a rear facing cabin.  How does the Royal Crown and Anchor points work, I don't think they match up but I'd be very happy if they did. I've joined the Captains Club if that's a thing, not sure. We are scheduled to cruise on Royal next Thanksgiving but I'm more excited for the Celebrity cruise since it is totally new to us.  Future planning seems to be a good pandemic stress reliever so thank you for those responding to questions or sharing your experiences.  

To answer a few of your questions. Your status with Royal transfers over.  They are not added together.  For example if you were Diamond on Royal then you are Elite on Celebrity.  In order to get to the next category you have to achieve it on your own. 

Glad this cruise works out for you.  We were supposed to be cruising on the Silhouette Feb 2022 South America and Celebrity canceled it. Lots of changes going on. 

We were supposed to be on the Silhouette on 4th January 22 in the South Atlantic... boo hoo! Now back to the Far East on the Solstice.

Have sailed three Solstice class ship and you will love them. Relaxing and classy. Not too busy. Just right.

Have enjoyed Royal Caribbean but Celebrity is a better product for us.

We've been on the Silhouette and Equinox several times.  They are beautiful ships, with great service and food.  Our first time on Silhouette was for our Mediterranean cruise;  we've been on her for our ABC cruises, as well as the many  other Caribbean Ports.  You've made a great choice,  Welcome to Celebrity.  Enjoy!!

I love cruising but I would not take a chance on booking any cruise until all the rules by the CDC   are final. What happens  if someone get the virus on that same cruise? Are you going to be confined until whenever? Way to risky to cruise.

22 minutes ago, franncos said:

I love cruising but I would not take a chance on booking any cruise until all the rules by the CDC   are final. What happens  if someone get the virus on that same cruise? Are you going to be confined until whenever? Way to risky to cruise.

The cruise is 14 months away.  I am hoping the vaccine is out soon and things get back to normal over the spring/summer.  If not we can cancel, or postpone.

31 minutes ago, franncos said:

You can book with a refundable deposit, this will allow you to lock in the rate, if fare decreases, you can get the lower fare.  All about personal comfort level of course.

11 hours ago, franncos said:

We booked a Princess cruise February 2022 recently.  400.00 total (200pp) refundable deposit for a 14 night cruise.  Do I think it will sail AND we'll want to be on it?  Right now I'd give the chances of both at around 60% 🙂  But the price was right for a great itin.   If quarantine's are looking possible, port restrictions are in place, etc etc we won't make final payment.  Worst case scenario is Princess goes belly up, and we've only lost 400.00.  But that really isn't likely.

On 11/22/2020 at 3:46 PM, Yvonne said:

Oh Noreen, it was your terrific reviews I read, and your wonderful photos that convinced me to talk to my husband about booking the silhouette!😁

I love Noreens reviews too!   I also miss them now and can’t wait until we start back again. However, we don’t even have a cruise booked as our only one hanging on, the ship was changed out.  

roll on 2021!!!!