Europe summer 2021 - RCCL excursions only?

SOPOME

What's your thoughts on whether private tours/excursions will be permitted vs. just RCCL excursions only?

We are currently booked on a Baltic cruise in June, and I'm planning on private tours to keep the number of people low, but I'm not confident that they will be allowed.   I can always book through RCCL and cancel if the private tours are authorized....  What do you think??

7 minutes ago, trvlgirlmq said:

I’m not confident Europe will be open to US citizens this summer. My planned cruise is getting moved to 2022.

Would love to shift ours to summer of 2022............and protect category and price.

6 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

There’s quite a few of us in that boat. 

Got a good feeling, Royal wasn't exactly happy doing all that lifting and shifting the first time, allowing it to be done again is really pushing it.

If cruising begins in other markets they would probably  have an easier time just refunding our money for those  Europe prices we all got which were greatly reduced.

Edited by Jimbo

Just now, Jimbo said:

Got a good feeling, Royal wasn't exactly happy doing all that lifting and shifting the first time, allowing it to be done again is really pushing it.

If cruising begins in other markets that would probably  have an easier time just refunding our money for those  Europe prices we all got which were greatly reduced.

I agree. If cruising resumes, even at a reduced scale I think the lift and shift  will be done.  If regions are cancelled...hopefully a second lift and shift will be=offered. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Quite a few of my excursions I notice thru rcl say they are thru a pre qualified 3rd party. Not europe, but clearly rcl themselves isnt doing most excursions I've looked at.

As long as they are booked through Royal they would meet the criteria that they have been using in Europe. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Quite a few of my excursions I notice thru rcl say they are thru a pre qualified 3rd party. Not europe, but clearly rcl themselves isnt doing most excursions I've looked at.

Their always booked through a 3rd party aren't they ? I have never been on a ship tour that didn't use a 3rd party...have you ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ashland said:

Their always booked through a 3rd party aren't they ? I have never been on a ship tour that didn't use a 3rd party...have you ?

Idk if I ever paid attention before. Now with everyone saying you might have to only book thru rcl I happened to read it. Seems to be near the end of the description. Usually I only cared what you did. 

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

Idk if I ever paid attention before. Now with everyone saying you might have to only book thru rcl I happened to read it. Seems to be near the end of the description. Usually I only cared what you did. 

All of Royals tours are through a third party.  It is exclusive though so it is only Royals guests which is what the6 are looking for do they keep the bubble and have you avoid contact with others.  

As long as you book through Royal you are fine....that third party reference in the description does not matter. 

• Like 1