Quantum of the Seas 2 Night "Opening Cruise" Live - 1/12/20 - 3/12/20

On 12/2/2020 at 5:04 PM, masteradept said:

37D580B6-CCC4-4BD0-89B0-CC631E468C61.thumb.jpeg.6bbb90c93a6c419f792dd9b3d7439f17.jpeg

Suite Lounge interior 

Thanks for this trip report, been so long to get to see one. Looks like RCL developed great concepts to allow for safe cruising. The Singapore market is probably one of the best to test and develop these concepts as dicipline for the protocols by the passengers is probably as good as it can get.

A bit suprised they are having food offering in the Suite Lounge, especially because it's self serve, honestly this should not be the case at this stage.

31 minutes ago, LXA350 said:

The Singapore market is probably one of the best to test and develop these concepts as dicipline for the protocols by the passengers is probably as good as it can get.

RCG kinda figured it out with Tui in Germany months ago - those passengers are pretty good at following rules as well.

• Like 1

On 12/4/2020 at 9:10 PM, masteradept said:

Yes it was closed for dinner, but it was open for breakfast and lunch, so not to worry there.

Currently on the ship (and on land) buffets are still open, but are no longer self service. Crew members are stationed at the various food areas to serve you, so you just tell them what you'd like and they'll give it to you. This also applied to the Suite Lounge, incidentally.

The suite lounge has a server too. It wasn’t clear in that post but further down it was mentioned in a follow up. 

2 hours ago, Sail n Snow said:

The suite lounge has a server too. It wasn’t clear in that post but further down it was mentioned in a follow up. 

Yes, you're right, thanks for helping to answer! It's not a specific server but just the usual concierge staff who are normally around who will help get the food, and it's still not permitted for you to self-serve yourself, even in the Suite lounge.

On 12/6/2020 at 8:15 AM, gatour said:

A couple of things that the OP didn't talk about was the Flowrider and the rock climbing wall, through no fault of his own.  I think it wasn't high on his priority list.  But what RCCL learns from these Singapore trial cruises would be useful for US operations

Ah sorry I also missed this one out, but yeah, I didn't manage to swing by the Flowrider this time. I did pass the rock climbing wall, it was still going on but I think they had a maximum of 2 people on it on separate lanes. I remember passers-by would randomly cheer one or the other on as though it was a race, but not sure if it actually was one. Also not sure how it will be on the ships with smaller climbing walls, maybe max 1 person?

4 hours ago, Tough as Leather said:

Found these images by Kenny Chia.

Would anyone familiar with the cruise know what this 'station' is for? 

1760664680_whatgoingonhere.thumb.jpg.39ccf01dd0c69382a7f5bdb875e42273.jpg

According to the cruise Critic News article, you have to tap your seapass at various stations as you move around the ship: 

"Passengers were required to "tap" their cabin keycard as they moved around the ship as another means of tracing, Sarna said. In addition, temperatures were taken at certain venues around the ship, such as the SeaPlex water sports and entertainment areas, to enter."

"I have felt very safe during the cruise so far, the crew has been very fastidious with having us tap our cabin key cards at many points all over the ship, to the point of tedium," she told Cruise Critic. "Crew was cleaning the ship constantly, and everyone was wearing masks."

Link: https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/5780/

On 12/1/2020 at 2:32 PM, reallyitsmema said:

Thanks for the link.  I will just keep an eye out to see what the options are once we have sailings in the US.  I am sure I won't be the only one who can't wear that.  I can put it in my pocket, when I have pockets, but I just don't want to be constantly stopped if I am not wearing it.

If your traveling on Princess it’s a Medallion that’s about the size of a quarter that can be worn around the neck instead of the wrist. I suppose you could just the wrist band & hook it around your belt. 

Tom😀

On 12/1/2020 at 6:17 PM, reallyitsmema said:

As long as it doesn't directly touch my skin, I am good.  I can't even wear my Fit Bit, I get hives.  I wore a Wow band for an hour and started to itch crazy, so don't want to even try these.  I will bring a lanyard to hang it from or something like that.  I just think they will likely be looking for people having them on, so I think it will need to be visible.

Suggestion to just attach it to your belt. Real easy. 

Tom😀

3 hours ago, trbarton said:

Suggestion to just attach it to your belt. Real easy. 

Tom😀

LOL :classic_biggrin: I don't know what you wear on cruises, but my shorts and fancier clothes have neither a belt or even belt loops. :classic_biggrin: But I am sure they will come up with something, app, lanyard, a wearable, pocket, or something. :classic_biggrin: 

• 4 weeks later...