Quantum of the Seas 2 Night "Opening Cruise" Live - 1/12/20 - 3/12/20

33 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Of course, I feel the same way. 😎

M8

I knew that I was going to tag you but forgot.  Our first cruise when they start sailing will be in a suite and I thought that was part of what I am paying a premium for.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I knew that I was going to tag you but forgot.  Our first cruise when they start sailing will be in a suite and I thought that was part of what I am paying a premium for.

I agree. I’m thinking with reduced capacity and assigned checkin times enforced, it may not be an issue. 

Hopefully, Concierge walk off will still occur. The boss loves that amenity. 

M8

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I wouldn’t worry too much, aside from maybe 5-10 mins for bag drop there’s literally no queue anywhere at all. I suppose that’s why they didn’t set up a priority line. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, masteradept said:

In the end we decided to skip the show, but it didn’t look like people would have any trouble booking it.  

I’m charging everything to the ship account for now, so didn’t bring any USD (I get more points for USD spend on my card anyway). 

Sadly from the show venues' itinerary that you posted, i'm guessing "Starwater" @ 270 isn't on the cards 😞

The reason i asked about the USD is that the credit card exchange rate (USD - SGD) would probably be bad. Wondering if I should bring aboard some USD's. 

1 minute ago, biff-tannen said:

The reason i asked about the USD is that the credit card exchange rate (USD - SGD) would probably be bad.

The exchange rate used should be the same as buying anything else. Exchanging money on board might get you a bad rate.

On 11/30/2020 at 9:45 PM, masteradept said:

Hi everyone! Looks like many are keen to see how the first cruise on Royal Caribbean since cruises were allowed to resume will be, so I'll put up photos and some live coverage of the trip. It's my first time, and certainly not a normal cruise, so feel free to post questions or specific things you'd like to see (like how it's different because of the restrictions, any specific parts of the ship, how Felicia is doing...).

Couple of key points, firstly, the stateroom is a Grand Suite (the large balcony type), so I'll be getting the Sky-class experience. Still pending on a Royal-up to a loft, but we'll see how that goes. Next, as far as dining goes, the current plan is to hit the Windjammer, CK and Chops Grille, so probably no MDR this time around, though if anyone wants to see the menus from the MDR or any other restaurant, I'll be more than happy to pop by. Lastly, though the shows are going on, I probably won't be watching any of them (not really my thing, and this cruise is a bit too short I think).

Lastly, if you prefer to follow along on Instagram, my travel partner will be doing updates on his channel at https://www.instagram.com/saxoftheseas/, so feel free to follow along there too!

Going to be heading to the port in about 3 hours time, and can't wait to head over!

Hello...thank you for posting updates.  I wondered if you could tell me how the children on board tolerated the PCR test?  I had assumed that by now, RCI would have used the saliva test that's widely available, but apparently the nasal swab is being used.  You mentioned it being uncomfortable (as an adult).  I'm curious how the kids are doing with the pre-board testing.  Thank you again!

13 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

The exchange rate used should be the same as buying anything else. Exchanging money on board might get you a bad rate.

Hi Biker19, what I meant was - should I look to get USD's at a better rate outside before boarding the ship. Anyway, just a thought.

I’ll be updating on the rest of the evening (Suite Lounge and Jamie’s) soon but just a quick update, we’re sailing past the outer port anchorage now and I do believe (despite the horrible shot) that that is sister ship Spectrum out on our port side. 

DE3209BA-CBB0-4B40-B37B-72594A1CE29C.thumb.jpeg.baf8e98a107f7159b87d4d5f57354835.jpeg

According to the tracking apps, to our port we have:

Spectrum

Voyager

Radiance

Celebrity Solstice

And off to starboard:

Costa Venezia

Carnival Splendor

Carnival Spirit

Diamond Princess

Kind of a sad sight but hopefully also the fact that Quantum is sailing with passengers is a sign of better things to come, especially to all the crew on those ships. 

• Like 3

Well, last update before turning in for the night!

Last two stops of the day were the Suite lounge and Jamie’s for dinner. The suite lounge was really empty, and I also confirmed that only suites and pinnacles were allowed in (so no D+). Jamie’s was as normal for RC, pretty good. 

E1685D9B-5EBB-43AA-92AE-69FB280B9017.thumb.jpeg.dd56b9ec5d9f3df65bdc63925d0264bf.jpeg

Concierge Club/Suite Lounge entrance (RC can’t seem to decide what to call it on this ship, I’ve seen signs for both)

DABF4049-B58A-4054-A55B-7860942020F8.thumb.jpeg.222118157632ea566e3de0e90d19bdfb.jpeg

37D580B6-CCC4-4BD0-89B0-CC631E468C61.thumb.jpeg.6bbb90c93a6c419f792dd9b3d7439f17.jpeg

Suite Lounge interior 

2FDF951B-2109-446F-9669-5C42DE33851F.thumb.jpeg.212b6f9b6e2dcc087622c3ecab3aff39.jpeg

Jamie’s Italian

FFDD6C01-DF75-47B1-828E-DE087C8D26DA.thumb.jpeg.7ef3f12d726bb37818df988cf25870a4.jpeg

i can’t say I liked Izumi on previous trips on other ships, so we gave it a miss. It’s... really not the best sushi. 6D7A8515-B662-4DE7-82E8-744B88E27FEC.thumb.jpeg.ca332a71ecab35bc77020143975374db.jpeg
On this trip the robots weren’t serving drinks, but did put on a show once in a while. I think the maintenance staff were working on the drinks ordering system this time round

A point to note for late-night drinkers - per Singapore regulations, alcohol can’t be sold after 10pm (in line with the current Phase 2 restrictions on land) so do keep in mind this is probably only applicable for the Singapore trips for now. 

Time for bed I suppose, it’s an early disembarkation tomorrow. Arrival at 6am, disembarkation times between 7-9am depending on stateroom. I’ll post some pics of the arrival paperwork and process tomorrow. Also I see some have asked for the cruise compasses, and we did go to get the paper copies, so I’ll get that done as well. See you all tomorrow!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Time to pack up, grab some breakfast and disembark. Disembarkation this time is spread out by time slot, and I’m not too sure if they’re going to be strict about it (but 8am is way too early to be leaving)

73572A1C-9F79-4C09-B3DF-20424A09C057.thumb.jpeg.6e515ed3ab8bd0ac94e12e5e81cc3f99.jpeg
The disembarkation tags. This time they don’t seem to be helping us bring the bags off (or did I miss that out?). We were also given a sticker sheet with our personal details on it - this will be for the arrival antigen test. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1