Question About Window Suites

AF-1

27 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

cruzsnooze;  yea I guess lady luck was with me.  I logged into my account this morning and F303 showed up.  Thanks and have a nice day

Take good care of the room and feel free to leave any leftover alcohol in the refrigerator ... we are in F303 for 14 days over Christmas and New Year holidays.

Edited by taxmantoo

On 12/6/2020 at 2:09 AM, cr8tiv1 said:

Duly corrected.  I was switched from a window suite on the Grand to a Premium Suite on the Regal.  Yes, it does have a small (1/2 balcony) and a "Window" only in the bedroom.    Yes, it is several categories higher than a Window Suite.  Questionable if balcony is useable while cruising.  I have not been on the Regal nor have I been in this Suite.  

BUT....I would trade it in a heartbeat for a Window Suite on Deck 6/midship instead of Caribe Deck forward.  The same for the "true" window suites on the Sky, Enchanted, and Discovery.  Forward location is not for the faint of heart and I generally have my sea legs.  LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, Grand/Caribbean Window Suites.  So sad to see the Golden gone.  Best of the three ships.

I sure hope Princess doesn't increase the price of Grand Class Window  Suites like they have for the Sky, Enchanted, and Discovery.  

Hopefully, my cruise on the Regal will happen so that I can be influenced into liking this ship.  Thank you for pointing out my misinformation.

And yes, I would take F301 if nothing else is available.  I generally book early enough to reserve F311.  I have several cruiser friends who "fight" over "our" cabin.  LOL

I have stayed in Premium Suite on the Regal.  It's now my suite of choice on that type of ship.  Has a large picture window in the very large bedroom that looks forward and a standard suite balcony on the side from the sitting area.  The window is great when the weather is iffy.  The balcony is covered and we had absolutely no problem using it even in rough conditions.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, franktown said:

I have stayed in Premium Suite on the Regal.  It's now my suite of choice on that type of ship.  Has a large picture window in the very large bedroom that looks forward and a standard suite balcony on the side from the sitting area.  The window is great when the weather is iffy.  The balcony is covered and we had absolutely no problem using it even in rough conditions.

My concern is the bow motion.  I have ok sea legs.  Any comment on how the motion is that forward of the ship?  I prefer a lower deck to aft or higher deck suite.  Giving this a try with optimism.  

53 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

My concern is the bow motion.  I have ok sea legs.  Any comment on how the motion is that forward of the ship?  I prefer a lower deck to aft or higher deck suite.  Giving this a try with optimism.  

We were on deck 11 suite 102 on the regal and I had the same concern.  We had one evening of very rough seas and we had no problem at all.  Was actually very surprised that we felt so little motion.  We liked the room layout more than the regular deck 14 penthouse suite and especially liked the having the large forward facing window plus the large side deck.  I should say large deck for a Royal class ship.  It isn't any wider than a normal stateroom on the Regal but longer.  

I stayed in Family suite which was all the way forward.  Did not notice any severe rocking or motion.  Most of the time it was calm.  We did roundtrip Alaska;  so most cruising was around the inside passage; which was calm

• 1 year later...

Well here I am two years later and still have been aboard a royal class ship.  Our Oct 2020 cruise on Caribbean Princess was cancelled due to pandemic,  we were reassigned Oct 2021 on Sky Princess. This cruise was also cancelled;  so now we sail Oct 2022 on Enchanted Princess.  Since they only have two window suites on this ship we ended up getting assigned a Vista Suite.  They kept the original price from 2020, plus OBC,  so this cruise is already paid for.  If you scroll thru the two pages on this thread you see I mentioned booking a WS on a Grand Class Ship.  We ended up taking a short 5  night cruise on Grand Princess to Cabo, and we booked a Window Suite.  We loved the location; cabin was large enough for us,  so we have experienced the Grand Class Window Suites.  They are awesome.  

• Thanks 1

On 12/6/2020 at 2:09 AM, cr8tiv1 said:

And yes, I would take F301 if nothing else is available.  I generally book early enough to reserve F311.  I have several cruiser friends who "fight" over "our" cabin.  LOL

I will book F311 if cr8tiv1 hasn't beaten me to it. I will book F301 if no other window suites are available. It's definitely smaller, but it's better than a cabin elsewhere on the ship.

I've booked F301 several times, but I've never sailed in her. When I book F301, I check on availability of other window suites often, and I've always been able to move to another one. You can always move to a different available cabin in the same category without change in price or perks.

3 hours ago, AF-1 said:

Well here I am two years later and still have been aboard a royal class ship.  Our Oct 2020 cruise on Caribbean Princess was cancelled due to pandemic,  we were reassigned Oct 2021 on Sky Princess. This cruise was also cancelled;  so now we sail Oct 2022 on Enchanted Princess.  Since they only have two window suites on this ship we ended up getting assigned a Vista Suite.  They kept the original price from 2020, plus OBC,  so this cruise is already paid for.  If you scroll thru the two pages on this thread you see I mentioned booking a WS on a Grand Class Ship.  We ended up taking a short 5  night cruise on Grand Princess to Cabo, and we booked a Window Suite.  We loved the location; cabin was large enough for us,  so we have experienced the Grand Class Window Suites.  They are awesome.  

I was moved from a Grand WS to a Regal almost window-like suite to the Sky Vista Suite.  Ended up cancelling since I did not consider the forward Vista Suite to be comparable to the previous two.  From videos to photos, it looks like a glorified mini-suite.  Would love to hear your report on this cabin.