Club Class

CruiseNut24

Am looking at booking cruise,  and was thinking Club Class.  Has anyone done Club Class, if so, was the extra cost worth it?  Is the dinner menu same as MDR?   What other difference is there compared to regular mini suite. Thanks for any response. 

Club class has the same menu with usually one extra dish sometimes done tableside. The service is much better then the regular dining room. Mostly they are tables for 2 and pretty close together. I base the value this way....................can I eat in a specialty restaurant every night for same cost. So if club class is more than $29 PP PD I don't book it.  You are paying for expedited anytime seating in a cordoned off section of the main dining room so ambience is not better. Service as I stated is faster and better.

1 hour ago, cruzsnooze said:

Club class has the same menu with usually one extra dish sometimes done tableside. The service is much better then the regular dining room. Mostly they are tables for 2 and pretty close together. I base the value this way....................can I eat in a specialty restaurant every night for same cost. So if club class is more than $29 PP PD I don't book it.  You are paying for expedited anytime seating in a cordoned off section of the main dining room so ambience is not better. Service as I stated is faster and better.

We also find it great for lunch and breakfast (when we are not in a full suite).

37 minutes ago, Colorado Coasty said:

We also find it great for lunch and breakfast (when we are not in a full suite).

Most of the days we are in port and don't use Club class for breakfast or lunch (hit the buffet) but it is available for breakfast not for lunch on port days. That's why I base it's value on $29 PP PD. It is lovely not to wait to be seated with anytime but like anything else it has a different value to each person.

We  were given Club Class Dining free half way though our last cruise on the Sky.

I suppose it was for us to try it out.

Nice feature is dining when we wished  .Service was more personal . Extra item was no big deal .

But I would never pay too much extra in my cruise rate for it.

We almost always book a full suite now ( closer to the end than the beginning) but even with a mini-suite we feel Club Class is worth every penny. Walking past the line ( separate entrance) any time that any meal is being served. Coming back from a port day and knowing that we don't have to rush to get ready but can go down to dinner when we choose and will be called by name and seated immediately means that Princess has upped it's game. But to each their own.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We've only booked a full suite twice in all our years of cruising and so we got club class dining as a perk.  Wow!  I definitely think it is worth it.  We had an extra choice on the menu and it has been divine.  We were once sitting next to the MDR dining and let me tell you, the other menu items are better in Club Class.  Take for instance, the scallops, they were the huge bay scallops served in Club Class but the smaller bay scallops served to the tables outside of club class.  You also are treated to very nice crystal wine glasses instead of the sturdy ones with the bubble edges.  If you love good wine, this makes a difference.  

Beside the food and the service being a notch or two above, there is absolutely no wait for Club Class (not in our experience, anyway).  We only attended breakfast on the last day but, the dining for lunch was a plus as well, although, we were always asked to share a table during lunch. 

I feel as though it is well worth the extra cost above a regular mini suite but, we usually book oceanview or balcony rooms so, in that case, we would just book a specialty dinner or two.  I don't think when they start operations back up after this long pause, we are going to be expected to share a table with others and due to reduced capacity, there will probably not be long lines to get into the dining room anyway.  So, I don't know if I'd see the value in Club Class until well after the vaccine has been widely distributed and cruising is back in full swing.   

We used to eat at the buffet every night but Club Class has won us over.  First, no waiting for a table (usually).  The staff is topnotch, and that's a huge plus to me.  And it feels more intimate though it is part of a larger dining room.  

I was given a free upgrade to CC on the Regal Princess for our cruise in January, 2019.  The mini suite I booked was reclassified as a Club Class Mini Suite after I booked it, so they gave us CC free.  It was very nice to not wait in line for Anytime Dining and the service we had in the DR was top-notch. While we enjoyed it, I don’t think I would pay for it.  Maybe, if it wasn’t too much to upgrade, but not the normal price.  

Since the cost varies, only you can decide if it works for you.  Club Class on the Royal class ships can mean a larger angled mid-ship balcony if you choose correctly.  That is the more important reason for us to choose club class, as most of the Royal/Regal balconies are extremely tight.  The dining is certainly a perk.  For us, it has meant no wait, fantastic service and extra choices, especially for breakfast and dinner, as lunch depends on being on ship or on excursion or just too busy with on-board activities

Husband and I love club class so much that if it is unavailable (sold out) on a sailing, we will not book. We both love to cook and frequently talk recipes and ingredients with the servers who pass on our enthusiasm to maître D’and chef. They’ve encouraged us to ask for special requests and seemed genuinely delighted when we did! For us, it very much enhanced our enjoyment