The Daily for Monday Dec 7, 2020

richwmn

Pearl Harbor Day

today is International Civil Aviation Day, Letter Writing Day, and National Cotton Candy Day

On Monday mornings I am dedicated to the proposition that all men are created jerks.
        -- H. Allen Smith, "Let the Crabgrass Grow"

Meal suggestion for today - Cheese Ziti Al Forno

Drink of the Day - Peppermintinis

Wine of the day - Cantina Terlano Pinot Grigio Alto Adige Tradition vintage 2018

at Sea Atlantic
Nieuw Statendam destination Sint Eustatius eta 12/11
Westerdam destination Sint Eustatius eta 12/13

at Sea Pacific
Koningsdam destination Puerto Vallarta eta 12/11
Nieuw Amsterdam destination Puerto Vallarta

Freeport Anchorage
Eurodam

Gibraltar West Anchorage
Noordam

Malta Anchorage
Zuiderdam

Torquay Anchorage
Volendam
Zaandam

Williemstad
Oosterdam

1207World.png

Edited by richwmn
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 5

Thank you for the Monday Daily, Rich.  Cheers to our Civil Aviators.  I used to like Cotton Candy but not so much any more.  I'm lazy about writing letters.  I love the quote and the meal sounds nice.  My alternative is Chilled Sour Cherry Soup, Oven Roasted Beef Tenderloin, and Raspberry Sundae, as served on Pearl Harbor Day of 2013.

Today's care list:

Mrs Vmax with radiation looming

Caregiver Gsel and her DH battling Alzheimers

Dismomx5's sister and niece-nurse turning covid-positive

NextOne DH with Renal Cancer

CrabbyPatti’s dad with dimentia

Mary229's sister with cancer

Ine with DH in cardiac surgery Monday

Haines, Alaska

and Krazy Kruisers and Joe

Today's Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Welcome aboard TheHealer71

Front Line Health Care Workers and support staff

Teachers and school workers

Welcome home Cat Shepard

Bennybear meeting his graduate daughter

Baltimore Mayor Elect cleared of quarantine

Denise free of stitches and healing

and Sabine, HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 16
  • Thanks 4

Thank you Rich and Roy for keeping this going every day.  It's allot of work.  And WE ALL appreciate it so much.

And Thanks to ALL of the folks who contribute often.  You make this the best thread on CC every day.

Charles

• Like 13

Just think, in a few years we will have National Texting Day!  

Cold and rainy in NC today which means our daily walk must be in the mall.  They let walkers in early, way before they open.  Not many show up so when masked up we feel safe.

• Like 9

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our morning smile 🙂 

Seems strange to have Cotton Candy Day as the same day as Pear Harbor Day.  Kudos to the civil aviators & to all the letter writers that brighten other peoples’ days.

I love that quote.

The meal suggestion is a good one, not sure about the drink of the day.  I’ll wait for summer’s description.

Oooh a white wine.  Can’t wait to hear what Cat says about it 🙂  Speaking of white wine:

218880A5-E078-45D8-B324-A7A5A4625C15.thumb.jpeg.2ac6b9e8f1cb39dabb5244a3ca1df4c7.jpeg

The temp dropped last night and our rain turned into snow.  Just a dusting so far.  Hopefully there’s no ice underneath 🤞. Looks like we may have some doozies coming later on in the week.

Prayers for everyone on Roy’s Care list & those that need them and a toast to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.  

Have a great Monday everyone!!

A1A60C1C-A773-4850-9275-A131FB9176A4.thumb.jpeg.035dff7dd76f2723bc56783106757a3a.jpeg

Stay safe and please don’t forget your masks 😷 

• Like 22

Good Monday morning.  Interesting group of days. The menu will be saved for another day, we are having chinese takeout.

Peppermintinis:

Yields: 3 servings
Ingredients

1/2 c. semisweet chocolate chips, melted
1/4 c. crushed candy canes
6 oz. white chocolate liqueur
4 oz. vodka
2 oz. peppermint schnapps
2 tbsp. heavy cream
Ice
3 small candy canes
Directions

Pour melted chocolate onto a shallow plate, and place crushed candy canes on another shallow plate. Dip rims of martini glasses first in chocolate, then in candy canes. Pour remaining chocolate into the bottom of glasses and swirl to coat the bottom ⅓ of glasses with chocolate. Place glasses in freezer while you prepare the drink.
Combine white chocolate liqueur, vodka, peppermint schnapps, and heavy cream in a cocktail shaker. Fill to the top with ice and shake until cold. Divide drink between 3 glasses and garnish with a candy cane before serving.

Prayers for our care list, especially for Ine DH surgery today.  Shout outs for our celebrations list.

Please please stay safe, social distance, and wear your mask.

• Like 15

Morning all.  Hope you are all doing well. Just hitting the road to head home. It is a cloudy 68 degrees here in Key Largo & they are expecting Tstorms this morning. Hopefully it won’t rain all the way home.

It has been a great visit. And because of the mask mandate, we felt safer here than at home.

And we have a white wine today!

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating!

This Pinot Grigio has excellent ratings and a great price starting at $16.98. I might have to put this one on my list. The descriptions make it sound delicious.

#87 Wine Spectator Top 100 of 2019

Light straw in color with pleasant aromas of ripe melon and freshly picked MacIntosh apples. Crisp and light on the palate with lovely pineapple, Bartlett pear and apple flavors that harmoniously intermingle with orange zest and almond notes. The finish lingers with spicy tropical fruit. Pairs equally well with light seafood dinners and richer cream-based sauces.

90 - Wine Spectator

A creamy, light-bodied white, with mouthwatering acidity driving a finely knit range of Honeycrisp apple, Marcona almond and orchard blossom flavors, showing a rich and tangy streak of salinity that lingers on the finish. Drink now through 2023.

6E78F001-335D-4F0E-B210-A3928CDE7D38.jpeg

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 21

36 minutes ago, KirkNC said:

Just think, in a few years we will have National Texting Day!  

Cold and rainy in NC today which means our daily walk must be in the mall.  They let walkers in early, way before they open.  Not many show up so when masked up we feel safe.

Not sure what I will do about walking today as it's quite cold here.  In that kind of weather my go to walking space is the mall parking garage, still outside but quite protected.  I started doing it in the spring when the mall was closed and I still feel like outside is safer than inside although I now do perhaps 2/3 outside and 1/3 inside when I go there.

I have the blood work for my physical this morning so I'm not sure quite how the day will play out.

Roy

• Like 15

Good morning and thanks for the update.

Its a cold and cloudy morning but supposed to get sunny later. I’m ready for a sunny beach with a drink in hand 😀

I think dinner tonight may be Mac and cheese with stewed tomatoes.

One year ago today, I boarded Nieuw Amsterdam for my 1st Neptune Suite. It was a last minute upsell offer and was worth it. I’m starting to feel like it was my last cruise 😢

Blessings and prayers to all on our lists.

D3E8039D-DEE2-47C2-B08D-9E98F24E3B80.jpeg

EEAA8001-F5D3-41A2-AA90-95A4EF12C965.jpeg

1ACA0F9B-A47C-4DBC-BC21-76BCE4463D41.jpeg

• Like 17

34 minutes ago, summer slope said:

Good Monday morning.  Interesting group of days. The menu will be saved for another day, we are having chinese takeout.

Peppermintinis:

Yields: 3 servings
Ingredients

1/2 c. semisweet chocolate chips, melted
1/4 c. crushed candy canes
6 oz. white chocolate liqueur
4 oz. vodka
2 oz. peppermint schnapps
2 tbsp. heavy cream
Ice
3 small candy canes
Directions

Pour melted chocolate onto a shallow plate, and place crushed candy canes on another shallow plate. Dip rims of martini glasses first in chocolate, then in candy canes. Pour remaining chocolate into the bottom of glasses and swirl to coat the bottom ⅓ of glasses with chocolate. Place glasses in freezer while you prepare the drink.
Combine white chocolate liqueur, vodka, peppermint schnapps, and heavy cream in a cocktail shaker. Fill to the top with ice and shake until cold. Divide drink between 3 glasses and garnish with a candy cane before serving.

Prayers for our care list, especially for Ine DH surgery today.  Shout outs for our celebrations list.

Please please stay safe, social distance, and wear your mask.

This drink is not good for a diabetic.  The blood sugar would go through the roof!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Thanks to Rich and Roy for their contributions this morning, as well as our family of "Dailyites".  Pearl Harbor Day is a day we will always remember.  It is also my son-in-law's birthday today so happy birthday to him.

His son is my youngest (and last, I guess) grandchild, so here is his stocking.  I think it's quite a home-y Christmas scene.  That child was so precocious as a toddler!  He loved dinosaurs and at barely 3 years old proclaimed he was going to be a paleontologist when he grew up.  I believe he's grown out of dinosaurs now but could be anything he put his mind to, I'm sure!  enhance

• Like 24

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you for the Monday Daily, Rich.  Cheers to our Civil Aviators.  I used to like Cotton Candy but not so much any more.  I'm lazy about writing letters.  I love the quote and the meal sounds nice.  My alternative is Chilled Sour Cherry Soup, Oven Roasted Beef Tenderloin, and Raspberry Sundae, as served on Pearl Harbor Day of 2013.

Today's care list:

Mrs Vmax with radiation looming

Caregiver Gsel and her DH battling Alzheimers

Dismomx5's sister and niece-nurse turning covid-positive

NextOne DH with Renal Cancer

CrabbyPatti’s dad with dimentia

Mary229's sister with cancer

Ine with DH in cardiac surgery Monday

Haines, Alaska

and Krazy Kruisers and Joe

Today's Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Welcome aboard TheHealer71

Front Line Health Care Workers and support staff

Teachers and school workers

Welcome home Cat Shepard

Bennybear meeting his graduate daughter

Baltimore Mayor Elect cleared of quarantine

Denise free of stitches and healing

and Sabine, HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

Roy your meal alternative sounds tasty.  

• Like 5

Good morning ever faithful Mr. Rich. Thanks and blessings to you this day.

Pearl Harbor tour is sobering. 

I love to write cards and letters, especially now.

These Love Letters Will Have You Crying From Laughter

Allen needs his steak fix so I believe tonight is going to be steak, salad and baked potato.

Good morning CC Daily-ites, Roy: you and brother are in my prayers for healing, and praying for all on your list. Thanks so much for keeping the prayers/cheers list. 

Denise thankful your stitches came out and you have a clean bill of health. Now behave yourself and tell David not to let you use anything sharper than a crayon for awhile!🥰

Ann be safe driving home today and avoid those nasty thunderstorms. Love you sisters!

OH!! And today we get our washer, dryer and dishwasher! Yippee!

God's blessings to all. Please don't give up. Rainbows and healthy times are just within reach!

• Like 15

8 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Thanks to Rich and Roy for their contributions this morning, as well as our family of "Dailyites".  Pearl Harbor Day is a day we will always remember.  It is also my son-in-law's birthday today so happy birthday to him.

His son is my youngest (and last, I guess) grandchild, so here is his stocking.  I think it's quite a home-y Christmas scene.  That child was so precocious as a toddler!  He loved dinosaurs and at barely 3 years old proclaimed he was going to be a paleontologist when he grew up.  I believe he's grown out of dinosaurs now but could be anything he put his mind to, I'm sure!  enhance

Beautiful! Austin's stocking is my favorite of all you shared. And a very happy birthday to your son-in-law! Joy

• Like 8

26 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Good morning and thanks for the update.

Its a cold and cloudy morning but supposed to get sunny later. I’m ready for a sunny beach with a drink in hand 😀

I think dinner tonight may be Mac and cheese with stewed tomatoes.

One year ago today, I boarded Nieuw Amsterdam for my 1st Neptune Suite. It was a last minute upsell offer and was worth it. I’m starting to feel like it was my last cruise 😢

Blessings and prayers to all on our lists.

D3E8039D-DEE2-47C2-B08D-9E98F24E3B80.jpeg

EEAA8001-F5D3-41A2-AA90-95A4EF12C965.jpeg

1ACA0F9B-A47C-4DBC-BC21-76BCE4463D41.jpeg

Well lets hope its not the last one!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  I've been putting little notes into all our Christmas cards this year, so that's the extent of my letter writing this year.  Sadly, I think it's become a lost art.   Our DS has a cotton candy making machine that uses little candy pellets . . . a real treat!  Yay for all the civil aviators out there - most of the supplies brought into northern communities in winter are ferried by aircraft.

I like both menu suggestions, but we will be having yesterday's planned dinner of roast beef because I woke up with a migraine and spent the day in bed.  DH knows not to cook anything when I have a migraine, as it makes me super naseous.  Better this morning, so we'll have the roast, baked potatoes and salad tonight.  And wine.

@StLouisCruisersI absolutely love the photos of your Christmas stockings; I haven't done any cross stitch in a long time, and really should get back at it.  Happy B'day to your son-in-law.

@cat shepardif you wouldn't mind producing a tutorial, I'd love to see it.  LOL

Prayers for all who need them, and even for those who don't think they do.  Raising our wine glasses tonight to toast all on the happy list.  Be safe, stay well, wash your hands and wear your mask.

Smooth Sailing! 🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 15

44 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Not sure what I will do about walking today as it's quite cold here.  In that kind of weather my go to walking space is the mall parking garage, still outside but quite protected.  I started doing it in the spring when the mall was closed and I still feel like outside is safer than inside although I now do perhaps 2/3 outside and 1/3 inside when I go there.

I have the blood work for my physical this morning so I'm not sure quite how the day will play out.

Roy

We sometimes do outside as well if its not to cold but this morning was low 40's. We go early, 7:30 today and the mall is a large one, close to .25 miles long and today there were only about 15 people in the whole place and they are spread out.  Everyone is pretty good about giving each other space the few times you might get with 20 yards of someone.  And surprisingly everyone is usually masked up.

• Like 8