Which food on which ship do you remember most??

CGTNORMANDIE

2 minutes ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

Yes…but are they up to Brooklyn standards??

Nothing is Up To BROOKLYN Standards especially Bensonhurst/Bath Beach.

Most Italian Pizza Makers are trained by Those from off the boat a longtime ago.

Ex. is L&B Gardens.. A worker was killed once for the Sauce Recipe being stolen. Didn't take the money but wanted the recipe.

22 minutes ago, BklynBoy8 said:

Most Italian Pizza Makers are trained by Those from off the boat a longtime ago.

Ex. is L&B Gardens.. A worker was killed once for the Sauce Recipe being stolen. Didn't take the money but wanted the recipe.

Now that’s what I call dedication!

2 hours ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

Most of the major cruise lines have not learned how to make a good pizza dough or a good pizza sauce.  A good dough should be made with the right ingredients and aged at least 2 days.  Sorrento’s is just blahhh.

Sorrento’s is always crowded.There is a guy who frequently posts on CC that Sorrento’s is terrible ,however,I have been on several cruises that he has been on and on every one he has been eating the pizza constantly.

2 hours ago, BklynBoy8 said:

Not just Bensonhurst and Bath Beach but also Canarsie,Bay Ridge and Mill Basin.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Hlitner said:

Best cruise ship pizza is a topic unto itself :).  Having cruised on 16 lines we would call it a tie between Princess and MSC.  

The best pizza ever was onboard the Italian Line…to die for.  Stacks of individual pizzas were served at 2:00 AM.  I think it was a way to get all the pax out of the nightclub and sent to bed…lol.  I think the pizza in the buffet on MSC is the best but even better is the special order pizza on MSC that can be served after 3:00 PM band is delivered in a pizza box.  These pizzas are better than the buffet.  

16 hours ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

The best pizza ever was onboard the Italian Line…to die for.  Stacks of individual pizzas were served at 2:00 AM.  I think it was a way to get all the pax out of the nightclub and sent to bed…lol.  I think the pizza in the buffet on MSC is the best but even better is the special order pizza on MSC that can be served after 3:00 PM band is delivered in a pizza box.  These pizzas are better than the buffet.  

A former co worker of mine only cruised on MSC and loved the pizza on her cruises.I never cruised on that line .