C and A Double Points Offer extended into 2022

molly361

6 hours ago, yogimax said:

You are misunderstanding.  I am not saying that Pinnacles should be banned from the Suite Lounge.  I was quoting M8 who, in essence, said that.

No, it was not okay that D+ were banned from the CL

Didn’t say that. Pinnacles should have their own exclusive lounge. They are welcome in the SL when staying in a Suite. Banned/kicked out are your words, not mine. How can they be banned if they can have access by staying in a Suite?  Many do. 

M8

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Lol I took it as the wine is better at home during your home happy hour.

Going to be a lot more D+ with double pts, and having them in the suite lounge, will just make it crowded lol. Heck I've only been in diamond lounge once and I'll be diamond + in a year, sometime, .. have no idea. If my April cruise goes would help. Wouldnt cruise again on rcl for a year. Dec 2021. I've given up on guessing when cruises will resume. .but I'm guessing will be a lot more whenever we start back, soon after. Ka boom! 

Have had a t total of 28 cruise cancelled to date.  Not sure when it will ever resume...

Don't care about the double points...not sure if we will get to take advantage of it or not.  We were one 7 night cruise away from Pinnie since last March.  If it ever comes around again.. will find out what the last level feels like.  😉 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I really like the DL location on Voyager and Freedom class ships. Unfortunately, some of them lost their outside seating area when the suite lounges were added. The outside seating for the SLs required a relocation of the staging area for the rock walls which took the DL outside area.

The seating on the Radiance ladies outside of the CL is nice!  🙂   But agree...as far as DLs go...did enjoy the DL on Freedom.  sigh...just got my refund for B2B January PR cruise.   😞 

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

Loved the one on Anthem...and the fact that it had it's own bathroom was a plus.

Agree about the DL on that ship. 

It actually varies so much by ship...some the DL was a better space..We loved the DL on Radiance with the overflow and the great views.

DL (former CL) on Oasis/Allure has their own bathroom inside the DL.  Nice feature indeed!  🙂 

Errr...at least it used to. Not sure the DL is there any longer!  😮 

Edited by island lady

35 minutes ago, island lady said:

Have had a t total of 28 cruise cancelled to date.  Not sure when it will ever resume...

That's got to be close to a record.  What have you done... L&S, refund, 125%?

Yes, I would be bummed if I were one cruise away from Pinnacle!

1 hour ago, yogimax said:

Read posts 121 and 124 to begin.

I've conceded already that some ships have better locations for the diamond lounge, some have better locations for the Suite/concierge lounge.  Other than that, there are not a lot of material differences.  

Besides, if somebody really wants access to the suite/concierge lounge they have an alternative.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Don't care about the double points...not sure if we will get to take advantage of it or not.  We were one 7 night cruise away from Pinnie since last March.  If it ever comes around again.. will find out what the last level feels like.  😉 

It’s sad the number cruises you had cancelled.  

• Like 2

12 hours ago, yogimax said:

That's got to be close to a record.  What have you done... L&S, refund, 125%?

Yes, I would be bummed if I were one cruise away from Pinnacle!

First one, let it go to FCC.  That "125%" with RCI's "fuzzy math" came out to 112%. 

So from there on...cash back to Credit Card.  Many that RCI cancelled after final, and a couple they did before final.  A few cruises I cancelled before final, getting FCC for those deposits (which I have applied to late 2021/early 2022 cruises already).  The rest were refunded deposits.  

Have not done any L&S.   No place to lift them to...already booked well into 2022.  

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

It’s sad the number cruises you had cancelled.  

Thanks...yeah bad timing for us.  This was the year we were seriously ramping up the cruising, since our last beloved fur baby passed away almost two years ago.  Just couldn't bear to leave for long periods, even with a great cat sitter.  

Sooo...now we have the time and means to travel...and can't.  I am not alone.  

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Wow, and I thought we were bad with 12 cancellations.😷

Big part of those were what I called the "Aussie adventure cruises".  Was booked to board Serenade out of Australia on 2/10/21...staying on board for a straight 8 legs until 5/16/21 all the way to Vancouver.  

Bucket list not crossed off.  😞 

34 minutes ago, island lady said:

Big part of those were what I called the "Aussie adventure cruises".  Was booked to board Serenade out of Australia on 2/10/21...staying on board for a straight 8 legs until 5/16/21 all the way to Vancouver.  

Bucket list not crossed off.  😞 

That would have been one heck of a bucket. 🛳️

• Like 1

5 hours ago, orville99 said:

That would have been one heck of a bucket. 🛳️

yeah...sigh...was soo excited when I booked it.  Then....poof!!  Gone.  😞 

If we are still walking on this side of the dirt by early 2023...I plan on rebooking that adventure.  🙂 

2 hours ago, yogimax said:

It's good to have something to look forward to!

Have just booked Allure B2B in late October for the Med in 2022...purposely booked last two weeks in October...in the hopes that the TA will follow after that.  Fall TAs not showing up yet for 2022. 

Was the way we had this last Oct/Nov. B2B/TA booked for the same time.  Will see if it works out.  

The only thing I have booked in 2021...are local drive to ports.  

55 minutes ago, island lady said:

yeah...sigh...was soo excited when I booked it.  Then....poof!!  Gone.  😞 

If we are still walking on this side of the dirt by early 2023...I plan on rebooking that adventure.  🙂 

We’d love to do one thing like that, but after racking up more than 1 Million air miles (each) during our careers, we rarely (if ever) get on a plane any more. We only had a few cruises booked for 2021 and 2022 until the shutdown caused us to move as many as we could to late 2021/2022 and they added Bermuda and the Southern Caribbean out of PC for 2022, We went from the four of our original bookings that were left to 14 booked through October 2022. Every one of our existing bookings are now B2B’s.

4 minutes ago, orville99 said:

We’d love to do one thing like that, but after racking up more than 1 Million air miles (each) during our careers, we rarely (if ever) get on a plane any more. We only had a few cruises booked for 2021 and 2022 until the shutdown caused us to move as many as we could to late 2021/2022 and they added Bermuda and the Southern Caribbean out of PC for 2022, We went from the four of our original bookings that were left to 14 booked through October 2022. Every one of our existing bookings are now B2B’s.

I can't get my husband on a plane anymore either. 

10 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I actually like flying. I look forward to it as part of the cruise. Though I could do without the extra expense.

When you average more than 150 days a year in airplanes/hotels over the course of a 30 year span, it sort of takes the fun out of flying anywhere.✈️🚖

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Have just booked Allure B2B in late October for the Med in 2022...purposely booked last two weeks in October...in the hopes that the TA will follow after that.  Fall TAs not showing up yet for 2022. 

Was the way we had this last Oct/Nov. B2B/TA booked for the same time.  Will see if it works out.  

The only thing I have booked in 2021...are local drive to ports.  

Good luck.  I hope it works out.

I've also been looking to stay local with cruises from Bayonne.  Sadly, not that many  compared with Florida.  Flying complicates the whole cruising experience now.  It used to be easy,  Fifteen minutes to LGA... two hour flight to Florida... nice overnight stay in hotel... shuttle to port.

Now???

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

What do you currently have booked Yogi? We have 4 but no more for now. 

M8

2021 - 3 on Symphony, 1 on Oasis (all 7 night).  I also have meetings in Orlando twice a year so we take a short 4 nighter before the meetings start.  Three more in 2022.  Mostly the result of L&S.

How about you?

1 hour ago, yogimax said:

2021 - 3 on Symphony, 1 on Oasis (all 7 night).  I also have meetings in Orlando twice a year so we take a short 4 nighter before the meetings start.  Three more in 2022.  Mostly the result of L&S.

How about you?

Just the 4 mentioned above. Jewel for 10 night Baltic, a Charter on Mariner 7 day in October, Odyssey December 8 night’s Southern Caribbean, Harmony in February 7 night. That’s it. 

• Like 1