MISSION IMPOSSIBLE!

RedneckBob

Good morning Cruise Critic Members.

We have been informed that fellow CC Member, RedneckBob, that after 42 years of cruising, RNB has decided to stop cruising on Celebrity. This is a very disturbing development that requires everyone's immediate attention. Attached below is sets of numbers that apparently if decoded gives the reasons for RNB's refusal to sail on Celebrity. When analyzing the sets of numbers please remember we always measure apples to apples or oranges to oranges not peanuts to cashews.

Your mission, CC Members, should you decide to accept it, is to to crack the code below and offer remedies to his predictament without Celebrity discovering your work. As always, should you or any of your CC Members be caught, RedneckBob will disavow any knowledge of your actions. This tread will self destruct in five seconds, will, maybe be removed in twenty days. Good luck CC Members!

(1)  102921, 0 or 180 degrees, 2275, 4375

(2)  112721, tip top, 2635, 4704

(3)  120421, tip top, 2576, 4526

(4)  040322. 0 to 180 degrees, 2880. 6841

If I were guessing, I'd say date, ship's name hint, the original fare, new always included fare.  Two of the cruises are on Celebrity Summit? The other two are on Equinox? 

The remedy is to find a cruise line you will enjoy booking with ships and at prices you will enjoy better. I have.  I've got two AZ cruises booked and about to lock in a luxury one.  BTW I ain't afeared of Celebrity knowing.

Edited by ChucktownSteve

Creating a new animal where higher prices today improve the corporate bottom line and tick off loyal cruisers at the same time is a Wonderful thing? Looks like “Equinox“ is looking at it’s “Reflection“ in the “Apex” of the mirror and seeing the same thing. Many of us have experienced Covid 19 weight gain and Celebrity’s pricing is no exception.

Bob, I think it’s fair to say that you are not alone in your thoughts of exploring other alternatives. I sincerely hope you find something that meets your needs. If nothing else, you will get an opportunity to evaluate the offerings vs what Celebrity currently has to offer.

Randy

Edited by Schmoe38
  • Like 1

RedneckBob,

I just checked my two AZ P1 bookings.  One is lowered by $900 and the other by a couple hundred under their new promotion.  Plus they added free WiFi.  My TA is working on adjusting the bookings. 

Appears to be the opposite of what Celebrity is doing.

Edited by ChucktownSteve

We too are in the middle of planning a eXit.   The 125% FCC was eaten up by a greater than 25% price hike for the same cruise 20 months later.  So we are cancelling and putting FCC towards Summit final payment and a 4 day jaunt on Millie.  When we disembark Millie in FLL we drive to Miami for 12 days on O Riviera.  The PP/PD price for O concierge is far cheaper than Equinox AQ, even with premium drinks and tips.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RedneckBob said:

Good morning Cruise Critic Members.

We have been informed that fellow CC Member, RedneckBob, that after 42 years of cruising, RNB has decided to stop cruising on Celebrity. This is a very disturbing development that requires everyone's immediate attention. Attached below is sets of numbers that apparently if decoded gives the reasons for RNB's refusal to sail on Celebrity. When analyzing the sets of numbers please remember we always measure apples to apples or oranges to oranges not peanuts to cashews.

Your mission, CC Members, should you decide to accept it, is to to crack the code below and offer remedies to his predictament without Celebrity discovering your work. As always, should you or any of your CC Members be caught, RedneckBob will disavow any knowledge of your actions. This tread will self destruct in five seconds, will, maybe be removed in twenty days. Good luck CC Members!

(1)  102921, 0 or 180 degrees, 2275, 4375

(2)  112721, tip top, 2635, 4704

(3)  120421, tip top, 2576, 4526

(4)  040322. 0 to 180 degrees, 2880. 6841

Bye

Sorry we'll never meet.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

We'd consider AZ but having sailed on O Regatta in a regular sized veranda, I fear the AZ's R class ships would have the same teentsy-weentsy shower.  We're in a PH on Sirena in October so no issue.

Can anyone speak to shower size on AZ's regular rooms?  

1 hour ago, marieps said:

We'd consider AZ but having sailed on O Regatta in a regular sized veranda, I fear the AZ's R class ships would have the same teentsy-weentsy shower.  We're in a PH on Sirena in October so no issue.

The R class cabins on AZ and O are pretty much the same.  Then it's just a matter of which cabin cat you select.  Just the O class on O are the larger ships.

1 hour ago, marieps said:

Shower is tiny (think M class) as is the balcony.  Balcony holds a nice size table and 2 chairs great for eating on the balcony but no room to sit and stretch out to get some sun or comfortably stand and watch the ocean go by. . 

The included beverages and wines are low end, below the Classic beverage pkg on X unless you pay to upgrade. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

Shower is tiny (think M class) as is the balcony.  Balcony holds a nice size table and 2 chairs great for eating on the balcony but no room to sit and stretch out to get some sun or comfortably stand and watch the ocean go by. . 

The included beverages and wines are low end, below the Classic beverage pkg on X unless you pay to upgrade. 

One of the reasons I am OK with paying a bit more to upgrade my cabin.  

9 hours ago, ChucktownSteve said:

RedneckBob,

I just checked my two AZ P1 bookings.  One is lowered by $900 and the other by a couple hundred under their new promotion.  Plus they added free WiFi.  My TA is working on adjusting the bookings. 

Appears to be the opposite of what Celebrity is doing.

To satisfy my curiosity, I did a comparison of almost identical itineraries, on Celebrity and Azamara.  Currently booked on 12 day Europe, Aug 2021, APEX Royal Suite.  Closest I could get on Azamara was a 12 day Europe, Club Spa Suite, May 2022, which looks to be a bit of a lesser cabin.  As i will be in a RS everything is included, just like on Azamara.  The APEX cruise is $5,500 LESS.  

This scenario happens all the time on airlines the they change FF and loyalty programs.  Everyone sings the praises of the other airlines and departs with great fanfare !

Once they get there, they discover, alas, that the grass was not greener.  No one knows them, food wasn't as good, no guest recovery.  Enjoy!

• Like 3

Since I don’t book Suites, I’m finding Celebrity SRs to be quite competitive. I’d like to try AZ sometime, have done small ships but still enjoying the M-, S- and now the E-Class Celebrity ships.

I just want to go back on pretty much anything! 

Den

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, tfred said:

This scenario happens all the time on airlines the they change FF and loyalty programs.  Everyone sings the praises of the other airlines and departs with great fanfare !

Once they get there, they discover, alas, that the grass was not greener.  No one knows them, food wasn't as good, no guest recovery.  Enjoy!

We, too, are leaving Celebrity. It’s not because of the ships, the food, or the service. It’s the “who cares about the customer” attitude at corporate.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

To satisfy my curiosity, I did a comparison of almost identical itineraries, on Celebrity and Azamara.  Currently booked on 12 day Europe, Aug 2021, APEX Royal Suite.  Closest I could get on Azamara was a 12 day Europe, Club Spa Suite, May 2022, which looks to be a bit of a lesser cabin.  As i will be in a RS everything is included, just like on Azamara.  The APEX cruise is $5,500 LESS.  

My reference was to AZ lowering prices and adding a benefit on an already booked cruise as opposed to Celebrity almost doubling prices.  There is no comparison to a Royal Suite.  Have you compared a luxury line like Regent Seven Seas to what you have which includes all excursions, premium liquors, air, transfers, a five star hotel pre or post cruise, gratuities and more?  AZ is only a premium line.

48 minutes ago, tfred said:

I can't speak for others but I am not leaving Celebrity. I'm just adding other lines that give me what I want.  It's not the loyalty program because I haven't gotten to Zenith (and never will). So I'm not really losing anything.

It's the cutting corners on the non suite cabins.  I have an S1 booked on Apex to give it a try.  However I have enjoyed the Azamara and Oceania cruises I've taken.  I'm about to book a premium line to see what it's like.  I've enjoyed the level of quality and service on the premium lines better than what I've experienced on Celebrity in recent years. Countless threads have addressed the cost and service cutting over the years so it doesn't need to be rehashed.

Everyone has their own "tipping" point for a plethora of reasons. Thus the reason why there are so many cruise lines.  It boils down to different tastes, expectations and available vacation $$$. I hope you and everyone continues to enjoy Celebrity as long as you desire.  If something attracts me, I'll sail Celebrity again...just not exclusively.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Threedrones said:

We, too, are leaving Celebrity. It’s not because of the ships, the food, or the service. It’s the “who cares about the customer” attitude at corporate.

what makes you think that your next , essentially random choice, will be any better ?

you are upset that X is changing but all companies do in light of changing market conditions.  If they don't evolve they go away (check with HAL on that strategy)