Celebrity Cruises Cruise Notification - Millenium Reflection cancellations

peteukmcr

Just received an email advising that due to dry dock our April 16, 2022 Reflection sailing has been cancelled. The email also implies some Millenium sailings have been cancelled but there's no dates on the email so I don't know which of those are affected. 

"From now through December 28, you have the option to rebook on any other Celebrity Cruise in 2022 at prevailing rates.  If you choose to rebook, you will also receive an onboard credit of $200 per inside, ocean view, standard veranda, Infinite VerandaSM, AquaClass® or Concierge Class stateroom; or $400 for The Retreat®.  You must rebook a sailing of the same length as your original booking and in the same stateroom category to qualify."

Although our 16th April sailing is still being offered to book on the website.

Problem is there's only 1 later 7 night Caribbean sailing listed at the moment and we can't travel on that date (that's why we chose April 16th). We can't sail any earlier but would like to sail later in 2022 but only Alaska sailings are offered at the moment on a Solstice class ship, and they don't appeal.

Anyone got an idea when later 2022 sailings will be release? 

If they are not released by the deadline, it looks like the only option open to us is to cancel.

We just did a L&S to the Reflection for a March 19, 2022 sailing.  I have not received an email, but interesting to hear both are going into dry dock.  I wonder what other weeks are canceled.  A "Revolution" dry dock will take some time, so maybe 4-5 weeks could be canceled, but a maintenance one I'd expect to be shorter.  I doubt they will make plans to revolutionize anything right now, but who knows.  Just it's just one more thing to speculate about.  Sorry for your situation. 

We have the Millennium booked for Nov 29/21 and Reflection April 23/22 from L & S.  The communication from Celebrity was non specific.  It was similar to a Summit cancellation previously without specifying which one of 3 we had, left to guessing.

What is interesting is that I called last week not hearing anything on two L & S’s both on Reflection B2B.  Told to wait a week, one came through and the other is moot now.

I feel this is like a shell game, we’ll just take our refundable deposit back and not loose sleep.  There is no need to rebook anything at this point.

• Like 1

I called and was told that the Reflection is booked into drydock from Apr 16 - 30, 2022 (we were on the 23rd cruise).  It's a long, sad, story as we were initially booked on the Summit 2/5/21 and had to move that to Summit March 2022,.  Then the Summit cancelled San Juan and we had to move from there to the Reflection 4/23/22 and now we have to move again.  We are fortunate that we can move to the April 9 sailing with the same itinerary, but each move has been at prevailing rates and has gone up a little each time.   When I got the e-mail I freaked out because we are also scheduled for the Millennium but not uintil May of 2022 and we are safe there (well safe may be a poor choice of words, I don't have a high level of confidence that we'll ever cruise again).

So Millennium gets a week and Reflection gets two.  Great, now we are on the last cruise before a drydock and paid more for the privilege.

Edited by bob278

3 hours ago, bob278 said:

It's a long, sad, story as we were initially booked on the Summit 2/5/21 and had to move that to Summit March 2022,.  Then the Summit cancelled San Juan and we had to move from there to the Reflection 4/23/22 and now we have to move again.  We are fortunate that we can move to the April 9 sailing with the same itinerary, but each move has been at prevailing rates and has gone up a little each time.   When I got the e-mail I freaked out because we are also scheduled for the Millennium but not uintil May of 2022

With all the angst, extra work to find a cruise that works plus having to book at prevailing rates, why are you continually putting up with this?  You did not cause any of it but you sure are both inconvenienced and out of pocket more.  Celebrity should have at least protected your rate/perks.

3 hours ago, ChucktownSteve said:

With all the angst, extra work to find a cruise that works plus having to book at prevailing rates, why are you continually putting up with this?  You did not cause any of it but you sure are both inconvenienced and out of pocket more.  Celebrity should have at least protected your rate/perks.

Cruising for us is just about as much an addiction as smoking would be.  The first move was Lift & Shift so it was protected.  For the others, we got additional OBC that covered most of the additional cost. Plus, this is a family vacation and we haven't seen our children but once in a year.  I will never say money is no object, but my tolerance level is quite high for this cruise.

• Thanks 1

I posted Thursday about Millie disappearing from the January 2022 schedule.  Our friends our on the 27 Jan cruise but they have yet to get the email.  Millie just did the Rev DD in Feb 2019.  She wouldn't be due I suspect until 2022, especially with the lay off and no cruising.  

I'm looking at the little 4 day jaunt Feb 3 2022 to burn FCCs, but I hate being the first out of the chute after DD.

We have a family trip booked on the Equinox, June 27, 2021 and yet my step-brother got the above posted e-mail cancelling his “2022 cruise on the Reflection”????  The email was forwarded by his big box TA.  I called Celebrity and they believe he was sent the e-mail in error as our cruise is still on (for now, it was modified to 7 days) and he is still booked in the correct room.  Has anyone else received this e-mail in error also?  I am hoping it really was an error.....

So in the emails we have received we are basically being lied to. The email clearly states the cancellation is due to dry dock and yet Reflection is leaving on a transatlantic from Fort Lauderdale on 18th April, 2 days after we should have sailed, arriving into Civitavecchia on May 2nd, then setting sail on an 11 night Turkey and Greek islands itinerary. Even if she was in dry dock prior to our sailing, they have scrapped ours and the 23rd April just to send it to Europe. 

54 minutes ago, peteukmcr said:

So in the emails we have received we are basically being lied to. The email clearly states the cancellation is due to dry dock and yet Reflection is leaving on a transatlantic from Fort Lauderdale on 18th April, 2 days after we should have sailed, arriving into Civitavecchia on May 2nd, then setting sail on an 11 night Turkey and Greek islands itinerary. Even if she was in dry dock prior to our sailing, they have scrapped ours and the 23rd April just to send it to Europe. 

It certainly looks that way.

I wonder what the Millennium will be doing instead of the alleged drydock.

Oh great!  We just moved off the April 23rd Reflection to the 9th.  What are they going to do with the 17th and 18th?  Cruise to nowhere?  Normally, I would hope for a free 2-day extension of our cruise, but our adult children will be with us and would not be able to stay the extra 2 days.

8 hours ago, bob278 said:

Oh great!  We just moved off the April 23rd Reflection to the 9th.  What are they going to do with the 17th and 18th?  Cruise to nowhere?  Normally, I would hope for a free 2-day extension of our cruise, but our adult children will be with us and would not be able to stay the extra 2 days.

Looks at the moment that the April 9th sailing is still a 7 night itinerary. 

I see that as well as the TA starting the 18th.  Just wondering what Celebrity plans to do with the two days.  Hard to believe they won't want paying customers on board.  Likely possibilities include a 2-day cruise to nowhere or perhaps the Bahamas or changing one of the 9th or 18th cruises to longer itineraries.  Maybe add a sea day to each one which would have no port fees and could add a little revenue to the bottom line.

Once again Celebrity has shown a poor communications policy by initially claiming a drydock as the reason for the change.  I have almost no respect for them as a company but hold their front-line employees in very high regard for the quality of the work they do in delivering an execllent product.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, peteukmcr said:

Received an updated email on the 18th basically apologising and confirming the reason for the 16th & 23rd April cancellations is so the ship can transition to Europe. 

No change in the offer?