Buy 1, gift 1

Duquesmom

Believe that this is HAL’s new promo.  I don’t know anything else about it except what is listed.

That’s right, your clients will get a FREE interior stateroom with the purchase of a verandah stateroom or suite. Our incredible “Buy One, Gift One” offer starts Dec. 17 and runs through Jan. 5. When your clients book a verandah or suite with "View & Verandah" they receive stateroom upgrades, a Signature Beverage Package, one specialty dining experience, 10% off shore excursions, 50% reduced deposits and free or reduced fares for kids. Then they also get a FREE interior stateroom on the same sailing, which can be used for double or single occupancy, and upgraded for the difference in fare. But you must call 877-SAIL-HAL to have it added to the booking. Visit GoHAL.com for terms and conditions, and downloadable materials for the offer.

• Like 1

This ‘Buy One, Gift One’ offer is combinable with the ‘View & Verandah’ deal that includes stateroom upgrades, free gratuities, beverage package, one-night specialty dining, 10% off the price of shore excursions and more.

Book by Jan. 5

'Buy One, Gift One' runs from Dec. 17 through Jan. 5 and applies to select 2021 Alaska, Europe, Caribbean and Mexico cruises departing through Dec. 18.

Free stateroom can be single or double occupancy

Single or double occupancy is permitted with the free interior stateroom, with no additional charge for single occupancy. Travelers who want to upgrade the free interior stateroom can do so for the difference in the fares between the interior and the desired stateroom category.

'View and Verandah' promotional amenities do not apply to travelers in the interior stateroom, and taxes, fees, port expenses and gratuities are additional for each person.

Source: https://www.seatrade-cruise.com/news/holland-america-offers-free-inside-stateroom-veranda-or-suite-booking

Scott. 

Has anyone been able to find a list of the sailings with this offering? I've been on the HA site and couldn't locate it. I have a few sailings I was interested in and if we can take our in-laws that would be perfect. 

I tried doing a dummy booking for one and didn't see it as an offering while progressing through the screens. I wonder if that would be the only way to tell.

Edit - I googled and found on a TA site. 😊

Edited by njmelis24
Answer
  • Like 1

I contacted my Personal Cruise Consultant yesterday and was told you only need to pay the taxes on the inside cabin for whoever is staying in that cabin. Will most likely be booking this weekend. Seems like a good deal since we were going to book a verandah already so now my parents can have an inside cabin at a reduced fair. 

so not specific to this offer, but I am new to Holland as I saw this offer.  For the Verandah Spa rooms, what spa services are included (ie not an upcharge)?  also am I correct to assume that paid spa services would be at a discount?  And since they are offering a free drink package do you still have to pay the gratuities or are they waived?

25 minutes ago, Stateroom_Sailor said:

We'd like to set up several B2B cruises in free inside cabins, from those with promos to spare.  We'll even help haul yout luggage to and from the ship.

I think it would be better if everyone just booked the promo and then cancelled the rooms the week before the cruise.  therefore the ship would have less people.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, bstel said:

so not specific to this offer, but I am new to Holland as I saw this offer.  For the Verandah Spa rooms, what spa services are included (ie not an upcharge)?  also am I correct to assume that paid spa services would be at a discount?  And since they are offering a free drink package do you still have to pay the gratuities or are they waived?

There are no spa services included with the verandah spa cabins to the best of my knowledge.  There are a couple of things in the cabin and easy access to the spa, but no services without an up charge.

The gratuities for the drinks are included in the drink package so you don’t need to pay for the beverage service charge.

2 hours ago, bstel said:

I think it would be better if everyone just booked the promo and then cancelled the rooms the week before the cruise.  therefore the ship would have less people.

Sorry but I disagree with this.  They (HAL) are “giving away” the cabin but they are hopeful of monies spent on board.

More importantly, if the cabin is empty, the crew don’t get the HSC (hotel service charge) and are deprived of some of their income.  Cancelling at the last minute leaves little opportunity to fill the spot and the crew will hurt because of it.  

If too many people do this, it will certainly never be offered again.  This is the first time I can recall seeing this offer.

• Like 1

I called HAL a little while ago about this.  There is a Hawaii cruise we've been looking at, and online it appears as though the BOGO applies.  When I called HAL I was told that it is only for select Alaska, Europe, Caribbean and Mexico cruises.  Well, if that is so, then they need to remove the verbiage regarding the BOGO from the itineraries that are not included.  Oh wait - This is HAL's IT department we're talking about here... 🤣🤣🤣

Then she asked me if I might want to consider an Alaska cruise and I told her that I was try to get OUT!🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, njmelis24 said:

Has anyone been able to find a list of the sailings with this offering? I've been on the HA site and couldn't locate it. I have a few sailings I was interested in and if we can take our in-laws that would be perfect. 

I tried doing a dummy booking for one and didn't see it as an offering while progressing through the screens. I wonder if that would be the only way to tell.

Edit - I googled and found on a TA site. 😊

Can you share the list?  My Googling skills do not seem to be as good as yours.  I can't find it.

1 hour ago, kazu said:

1 hour ago, kazu said:

There are no spa services included with the verandah spa cabins to the best of my knowledge.  There are a couple of things in the cabin and easy access to the spa, but no services without an up charge.

The gratuities for the drinks are included in the drink package so you don’t need to pay for the beverage service charge.

what I meant was, what do you have access to in the spa?  can you using the soaking tubs, saunas, etc.  As I would assume this would be the perk for having a Spa room vs a regular room

6 minutes ago, bstel said:

what I meant was, what do you have access to in the spa?  can you using the soaking tubs, saunas, etc.  As I would assume this would be the perk for having a Spa room vs a regular room

You have the exact same access to the spa as everyone else on the ship. That is, if you purchase it, at the same rate as everyone else, you can use the facilities. Otherwise, no access. 
The term Spa Cabin means, at best, you are near the spa. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, RuthC said:

You have the exact same access to the spa as everyone else on the ship. That is, if you purchase it, at the same rate as everyone else, you can use the facilities. Otherwise, no access. 

thanks

2 hours ago, RuthC said:

And there might be a yoga mat in your room...

• Haha 1