Bye Bye Majesty and Empress (It's official)

Grandeur OTS was to have her last cruise on March 26 2021. She was then to move to Pullmantur.
There were a bunch of us booked on that cruise but cancelled some time back due to covid19.

Currently Royal has no cruises available to book for the Grandeur OTS.

So the question is is the Grandeur still going to Pullmatur?

59 minutes ago, Giantfan13 said:

Is this effective immediately?

We have an Aug 2021 cruise booked on the Empress thru an online TA.

As I asked, is the Empress going to fulfill it's booked schedule or is she out as of now? On the RCCL web site, it still lists my sailing.

I haven't been notified of anything as of yet either by RCCL or our TA. Funny but this cruise was a cancelled cruise from last year on the Empress. How it was paid for, I really don't remember, so what would I get as a refund?

Cheers

Len

Yes, effective immediately.  They will not sail again for Royal.  The notice said people would be notified in the next couple of days with their options. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, njkruzer said:

Agree about going to Bermuda.  Had hoped to go this summer. 

When our Jewel cruises were canceled when they moved her to Copenhagen we got refunds on all our deposits. 

Headed to Bermuda on Mariner from PC in '22

• Like 1

Good bye Empress and Majesty.

We had two trips on the little one- a short 3 night cruise out of San Juan way back, and then a 5 night to Havana in 2017.  Loved both trips.

Majesty- not sure how many, actually- but just the Miami weekend itinerary.  

Really enjoyed both, and the Cuba trip was a major highlight to us.

Whatever happens to them, we enjoyed them both!!!

Just received an e-mail this morning from Royal telling me that Empress is no longer in the fleet and my 2021 cruise has been cancelled.  Yet when I log in to my Royal C&A account, it still shows my Empress cruise as pending.  Sure seems to take Royal time to do things.

46 minutes ago, WeMissSeaView said:

Just received an e-mail this morning from Royal telling me that Empress is no longer in the fleet and my 2021 cruise has been cancelled.  Yet when I log in to my Royal C&A account, it still shows my Empress cruise as pending.  Sure seems to take Royal time to do things.

When I checked my C&A account today, my Empress cruise was no longer listed.

1 hour ago, WeMissSeaView said:

What options did you get offered. Can you switch to another ship?

Any thoughts if Royal will give anything extra (eg some onboard credit) to those who cruises were cancelled.  Had a cruise to Bermuda this May that is now cancelled. And there is NO Royal ship that can do the same itinerary.

14 minutes ago, LB_NJ said:

Any thoughts if Royal will give anything extra (eg some onboard credit) to those who cruises were cancelled.  Had a cruise to Bermuda this May that is now cancelled. And there is NO Royal ship that can do the same itinerary.

I've been changed ships twice and no obc was offered. Lately they have seemed to be a little more generous offering obc to change. ..that's why I was asking what the canc email said.