Baltic cruise in May 2022. Pre-cruise in Copenhagen.

On 2/19/2021 at 10:36 AM, hallasm said:

No chances in May
At no time is it possible to see the northern lights in Copenhagen.  You have to go much further north - within the Arctic Circle.  
Northern Norway and Iceland are good opportunities, but it is too bright at night in May.

Actually you don't necessarily need to go as far north as Arctic Circle, occasionally (few times per year) there can be sufficiently strong magnetic distruptions that you can see this phenomenon also in the latitudes where eg. Helsinki lies. But obviously going further north increases the chances. And regardless where you attempt to see polar lights you will need clear and dark skies to actually see them. And in northern latitudes in May (and summer months) the latter requirement will obviously fail.

19 hours ago, hallasm said:

the price will be approximately DKK 165 depending on the day of the week and time.  All prices in Denmark include service fee (tip) and VAT.

Not as bad as i feared.....I heard that Airport to the Nyhavn can get expensive by cab...Thanks for the help!!

3 hours ago, mpdog42 said:

..I heard that Airport to the Nyhavn can get expensive by cab..

Please note that price is  based on day of week and time - also depend on taxi company.

The price from airport to hotel is approximately DKK 200.

My calculations are weekday - more expensive weekend and evening.

14 hours ago, hallasm said:

Please note that price is  based on day of week and time - also depend on taxi company.

The price from airport to hotel is approximately DKK 200.

My calculations are weekday - more expensive weekend and evening.

Yeah... Thanks, Are you looking at any of the Voyager sailing in 2022 out of Copenhagan?

Any particular location or hotel that we should look at if mobility is limited?  Husband can't walk long distances any more, so probably Tivoli Gardens is out.  We'll be there -re-cruise, hopefully, in July 2022.  The idea of the breweries is interesting to us!

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/3/2021 at 4:39 AM, hallasm said:

For a beer lover, you have come to the right place.  Copenhagen is full of breweries, including lots of independent microbreweries that have entered the scene in recent years. This is a list with the most popularitet Beer breweries and bars. a kind of ranking, but tastes are different:

Mikkeller & Friends, Stefansgade 35, 2200 Copenhagen

Taphouse, Lavendelstræde 15, 1462 Copenhagen 

Brus, Guldbergsgade 29 F, 2200 Copenhagen

Mikkeller Bar, Viktoriagade 8 B-C, 1655 Copenhagen 

Fermentoren, Halmtorvet 29 C, 1700 Copenhagen

Koelschip, ‪Stefansgade 35, 2200 Copenhagen‬

Nørrebro Bryghus, Ryesgade 3, 220 Copenhagen

Vesterbro Bryghus, Vesterbrogade 2B, 1620 Copenhagen

Missing from your list is the Mikeller - Indiana based Three Floyd's partnership Warpigs BrewPub.  Stopped in on my trip in 2017 and was astounded to see a collab on the board with a local to me brewery in the Pittsburgh area called Voodoo.  The entry was a porter called Baron Zombie. 🧟‍♂️  

Can't speak to the food as the kitchen had closed already when we arrived after an evening in Tivoli Gardens, but, the vibe and the beer was nice 👌 

Going to keep your list as a reference for my September 2022 pre-cruise trip on Voyager.

Edited by Steeler Nation At Sea
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, cabincop said:

Hi everyone I’m a solo traveler going to Copenhagen in Sept 2021🤞🏼 Any suggestions on nice hotel in great area near sites? Thank you MariaBella 

I was there alone in July 2019. I stayed at Hotel Bethel which is right on Nyhavn. It is a short walk from the metro station (to get from the airport) and it is quite central for everything. It had a great breakfast.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
7 hours ago, jrmende63 said:

How does the bus or train work?

Løngangstræde is very close to Rådhuspladsen (Town Hall Square) and Hovedbanegården (Central Station).

You can take the train from Airport to Central Station - then a 10 minutes walk to your hotel. Alternative is Metro M2 from Airport to ‘Rådhuspladsen’ with charge to M3/M4  at ‘Kongens Nytorv’ - a 5 minutes walk from ‘Rådhuspladsen’ metro station. Do not change to Metro at the central station - might require longer walk than from Central Station to your hotel.

use Google map to find the best route.

For the Cruise port (Ocean Kaj) you can take the Metro M4 to Orientkaj and bus the last 2.5 km to Ocean Kaj - or you can walk the 2.5 km - safe walking to the cruise terminals.
You can also take a bus from Central Station to Ocean Kaj - schedule for summer 2022 not yet available.

Taxi is of course always possible at a higher cost.

• Like 1

On 1/2/2021 at 4:51 AM, NancyIL said:

Hotel Bethel in Nyhavn was great. We are staying in an Airbnb before our cruise next August.

Be sure to get the Copenhagen Card for your sightseeing and transportation: https://copenhagencard.com

can I ask where your Airbnb is located?  The one I had booked or this yrs cancelled cruise has been sold.  It gives a headache trying to navigate where they all are on the website.

1 hour ago, senior lady said:

can I ask where your Airbnb is located?  The one I had booked or this yrs cancelled cruise has been sold.  It gives a headache trying to navigate where they all are on the website.

Our Airbnb is called "Charming Loft in Copenhagen's Medieval Downtown." The host also rents apartments on the other 2 floors of the building: "Charming Flat 1 [or 2] in Copenhagen's Medieval Downtown." It's located about midway between Nyhavn and Tivoli Garden.

18 hours ago, NancyIL said:

Our Airbnb is called "Charming Loft in Copenhagen's Medieval Downtown." The host also rents apartments on the other 2 floors of the building: "Charming Flat 1 [or 2] in Copenhagen's Medieval Downtown." It's located about midway between Nyhavn and Tivoli Garden.

Thanks you.  Although with the rapid covid numbers in Russia, I'm beginning to think  next yrs cruise in June isn't gonna happen either..

3 hours ago, long4acruise said:

Thinking of booking the Copenhagen Marriott or the Comwell Copenhagen

To/Ftrom airport and cruise terminal no difference - almost same total cost from airport and to cruise port)

Copenhagen Marriott is close to city while Comwell Copenhagen Portside is close to the Cruise port.

Marriott is much closer to sights (Walking distance) while Comwell is North of the city (4 km) but very close to the metro station Oceankaj.

If you don't mind taking the Metro to City (7 minutes - 4 stops to Kongens Nytorv) the Comwell Copenhagen Portside will be a good choice.

• Thanks 1